BIRMINGHAM UK HEEL-MEET, SAT 29th NOVEMBER 2003

Heelfan

CALLING ALL HEEL-MEETERS! With only two days to go now until SATURDAY 29th NOVEMBER, I'm re-editing this posting with the plan as it has shaped-up: BIRMINGHAM MEET - SATURDAY 29th NOVEMBER, 11am TILL LATE. MY TRAIN ARRIVES AT 10am. START ASSEMBLING FROM 10.30am AT "THE BRIDGE" TAVERN (on the overhead walkway) IN NEW STREET STATION, BIRMINGHAM, AND WE'LL MOVE OFF AT 11am. IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 (Firefox MIGHT be able to manage the first hour only - MOBILE 07941 172043). GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: We seem to be expecting Firefox (for the first bit?), Calv, Xaphod, Dr. Shoe, Jay, Francis, Daz30 (the other Daz!), FGWJon, Emma, Mountain Top and his wife, Me (Heelfan) plus any last-minuters or forum-lurkers. ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on Saturday's meet-up. I suggest printing-off and bringing with you a sheet bearing this posting of the full arrangements and mobile phone numbers (and your own mobiles where possessed) to avoid mix-ups on the day. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

We wear anything anyway regardless of the date :( One day a year is no good for free choice, we're democrats for the other 364 too! It's a shame you can't fly over for Francis's Halloween party on the 31st. Now, if we could only club together for the air fare. It's a shame the world is so big sometimes :(

OK so for thursday 6th Nov, an 'informal' meet so far just me and Xa, but anyone welcome to come. I think i will brave an appearence in my stilettos this time. My biggest fear has always been a physical clash, and the only reaction likely to happen in busy london is a few giggles and stares so i think i will not care. Do you wanna suggest a meeting place. At a station or somewhere. Ideas open i dont know whos coming from where but im likely to arrive at Kings Cross/St Pancras. Also re Leatherworks, do they have the sizes of the stuff you wanna try on available. It was mentioned that they are a custom shoemaker. Daz

CALLING ALL HEEL-MEETERS! With only two days to go now until SATURDAY 29th NOVEMBER, I'm re-editing this posting with the plan as it has shaped-up: BIRMINGHAM MEET - SATURDAY 29th NOVEMBER, 11am TILL LATE. MY TRAIN ARRIVES AT 10am. START ASSEMBLING FROM 10.30am AT "THE BRIDGE" TAVERN (on the overhead walkway) IN NEW STREET STATION, BIRMINGHAM, AND WE'LL MOVE OFF AT 11am. IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 (Firefox MIGHT be able to manage the first hour only - MOBILE 07941 172043). GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: We seem to be expecting Firefox (for the first bit?), Calv, Xaphod, Dr. Shoe, Jay, Francis, Daz30 (the other Daz!), FGWJon, Emma, Mountain Top and his wife, Me (Heelfan) plus any last-minuters or forum-lurkers. ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on Saturday's meet-up. I suggest printing-off and bringing with you a sheet bearing this posting of the full arrangements and mobile phone numbers (and your own mobiles where possessed) to avoid mix-ups on the day. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 2 weeks later...

dear all, Sat 29 i am working but i finish at 1245,this would get me to New Street at 1445 (assuming dear old virgin trains manage to run to time) do you have an itinery yet so i can catch up with you all somewhere????

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

We don't usually have itineries for these things when it's general shopping type stuff as it depends how long we spend in each shop etc but I should be along and if you give me a ring on my mobile on (07941) 172043 then I will tell you where exactly we are and make arrangements for meeting up etc.

Following the hugely successful London Heel-Meet of 6th November, we can now turn our attention to the forthcoming BIRMINGHAM HEEK-MEET on Saturday 29th November 2003. Folks - please look at the above proposed itinerary and submit a posting on this thread below if you can make it! Cheefully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi guys, i was looking forward to making my debut at this most esteemed event, however, i've just found out i'm actually in the recording studio with my band on that day :( I will do my very best to make the next one! Hope it goes well! Jay

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

I've got a pretty good idea where all the shops are located. Xaphod and myself have already checked out Selfridges and the new Bull Ring. Most of the shops are in a pretty close area. Beware parking isn't cheap, esp in the Bull Ring multi storey. It is about £1 per hour. I'll try and sus out a cheaper parky place. We can always meet up in Nuneaton and condense the cars to minimise the $.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Hello Calv! That's great news that you are familiar with Birmingham - we look forward to your guidance on the day! I don't think it would be prudent the change the meeting-place mid-way through the thread. Firefox suggested the present arrangement at the Bridge Tavern in New Street Station, and has advised against changing arrangements because some members don't pick up on the change. Also, some people (possibly including me) will be arriving at the station by train. However, there's nothing to stop the motorists from following your parrking advice before converging on the station. Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hard Luck Daz! Even after your first two Heel-Meets you've become quite a key member of the group. We'll just have to "Fly the flag" in Brum without you, and look forward to the next time you can join us. In the meantime, I hope those two experiences have given you the confidence to enjoy some great street-heeling in your own neck of the woods in the meantime (encouraged by Jade, of course!). Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I don't think it would be prudent the change the meeting-place mid-way through the thread. Firefox suggested the present arrangement at the Bridge Tavern in New Street Station, and has advised against changing arrangements because some members don't pick up on the change. Also, some people (possibly including me) will be arriving at the station by train.

However, there's nothing to stop the motorists from following your parrking advice before converging on the station.

Cheers, Heelfan

Ater reading my post again I realised my mistake, I didn't intend to change the meeting point, just allow people who drive an alternative place to park their cars FOC and then condense into 1 car (or the train from Nuneaton) to Brum.

Looking forward to the day.

Calv

I've got a pretty good idea where all the shops are located. Xaphod and myself have already checked out Selfridges and the new Bull Ring. Most of the shops are in a pretty close area.

Beware parking isn't cheap, esp in the Bull Ring multi storey. It is about £1 per hour. I'll try and sus out a cheaper parky place.

We can always meet up in Nuneaton and condense the cars to minimise the $.

I have always parked down by the rag market in one of those council multi-storeys, (Pershore Street?). It used to be dead cheap but with the council jumping onto the "tax the motorist" bandwagon I don't know now. I may park at Sparkbrook and continue by bus.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I know the one you mean, its called the market car park I think. Sparkbrook sounds tempting, finish up there for a balti. Yum Yum. I'll try and sus out the charges for the pershore street car park, just need a delivery that takes me through brum.

Calv

Onwards and upwards!

Onwards and upwards!

Mainly, I'm just posting here again to get this Birmingham Meet thread back to prominence at the top of the list until this coming Saturday when we all meet. Are none of the possible attenders going to post an update to confirm their continuing intention of coming along? Huh? I say "Huh?". Let's all have another good one! Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Calling all Heel-Meeters, Calling all Heel-Meeters! BBC TV's weather forecast for the Birmingham Meet (this coming Saturday 29th November) is "LIGHT RAIN, MIN TEMP 8C., MAX 11C"). So it'll be damp and chilly = miserable! I hope this doesn't put anyone off coming, but bring your waterproof coat and your thermals! Still waiting to hear a few confirmations so as to know exactly who to expect in the group before we move off at 11am and hit central Birmingham. Can the early posters and "Maybes" post below, please? - Thanks! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Calling all Heel-Meeters, Calling all Heel-Meeters!

BBC TV's weather forecast for the Birmingham Meet (this coming Saturday 29th November) is "LIGHT RAIN, MIN TEMP 8C., MAX 11C"). So it'll be damp and chilly = miserable!

Thigh boot weather! YES!!!!!!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.