We've got a situation...

ChipsHH

I love this, all the new words are becoming common language. man bags were laughed at only a year ago but are now very common. More and more articles are reporting about this sort of thing and obligatory comments relating to "not real men" follow from the vociferous few. The good news is the increasing familiarity of these expressions and fashions because with familiarity comes acceptance and lack of shock or even recognition. The opposing comments are like the last attempt at success from a defeated opponent, the general public begin to see them as the outsiders, the unusual ones and the winning line is in sight for us. It's a fact people are influenced by these articles, the more the authors say, "it's here and it's becoming main stream" then the more it will be. The more normal it becomes the more people will try it and that snowball will get bigger. Tolerance is our friend but so is the incessant need from the masses for fashion information. Is our day just around the corner? I think it possibly is.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I suppose the real situation here is that people have to give these items stupid names in order to sell them. That would be pretty much a put off for me.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Well..... let the link explain for itself:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/mankinis-murses-and-man-bags-a-glossary-of-mens-fashion-terms-2550341#photoViewer=1

Can this REALLY kick off anytime soon? If anything, I'd work/wear the meels, the meggings, and the mantyhose, haha.

Did you real a lot of the comments? It is unbelievable how many folks think that any man that wears any article of clothing that can even remotely be considered as "feminine" must be gay! I thought that the definition of "gay" is liking to have sex with someone of the same sex and that it is not defined by what you wear. It is interesting the folks have no problem when women wearing ALL men's fashion, but when a man wears women's fashion there must be something wrong with him. Arrrrrrggggghhh! I can't believe the ignorance!

If all men that wore feminine items are gay we wouldn't be here today because in the 1600-1700's, men dressed in a very feminine manner. If they were all gay, we wouldn't be here today. The ignorance and the bigotry expressed in the comments is unbelievable!

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Did you real a lot of the comments? It is unbelievable how many folks think that any man that wears any article of clothing that can even remotely be considered as "feminine" must be gay! I thought that the definition of "gay" is liking to have sex with someone of the same sex and that it is not defined by what you wear. It is interesting the folks have no problem when women wearing ALL men's fashion, but when a man wears women's fashion there must be something wrong with him. Arrrrrrggggghhh! I can't believe the ignorance!

If all men that wore feminine items are gay we wouldn't be here today because in the 1600-1700's, men dressed in a very feminine manner. If they were all gay, we wouldn't be here today. The ignorance and the bigotry expressed in the comments is unbelievable!

Meh, it's honestly Always been like this. But you do bring up a great point. 'Gay' is to like the same sex, not to wear women's articles as our own. Seems people are limiting the meaning of the word (or broadening it) to fit all those who aren't "normal" in their eyes.

Formally "HHDude"

Meh, it's honestly Always been like this. But you do bring up a great point. 'Gay' is to like the same sex, not to wear women's articles as our own. Seems people are limiting the meaning of the word (or broadening it) to fit all those who aren't "normal" in their eyes.

No, I don't think they are "broadening" the word gay to encompass males that wear women's clothing. They believe that any male that wears women's clothing automatically likes having sex with other men.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

No, I don't think they are "broadening" the word gay to encompass males that wear women's clothing. They believe that any male that wears women's clothing automatically likes having sex with other men.

There are quite a few men who dress up like women and then act as prostitutes.

They are gay. (In Madrid there are areas of which everybody knows that all the

prostitutes there are like that). Many people must think that any man who likes

women clothes must be in that category. This is what we are fighting against and

as far as I can tell we are not close to winning.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie001 Posted Image

. It is interesting the folks have no problem when women wearing ALL men's fashion, but when a man wears women's fashion there must be something wrong with him. Arrrrrrggggghhh! I can't believe the ignorance!

...because, we, women, wearing some men's fashion or perfumes, are usually attractive at men's view. So, it works. The opposite, sadly, don't.

Elegance is my second name

. It is interesting the folks have no problem when women wearing ALL men's fashion, but when a man wears women's fashion there must be something wrong with him. Arrrrrrggggghhh! I can't believe the ignorance!

...because, we, women, wearing some men's fashion or perfumes, are usually attractive at men's view. So, it works. The opposite, sadly, don't.

Elegance is my second name

Which is very screwed up, in my opinion. Sorry to those [girls] who do, but I can't really dig a girl wearing overalls, even if it's made for a guy.

Now the guy giving her His suit jacket to wear, however... different story. Not trying to sound sexist or anything, but I guess it Could [capital "C"] be a counter-argument, to an extent. I mean, it's like, if they're already wearing their own jacket, then, to me, it ruins a lot of romance on, say, the first date.

There are quite a few men who dress up like women and then act as prostitutes.

They are gay. (In Madrid there are areas of which everybody knows that all the

prostitutes there are like that). Many people must think that any man who likes

women clothes must be in that category. This is what we are fighting against and

as far as I can tell we are not close to winning.

Y.

I beg to differ. According to many upon many topics around the site, that I've seen, we're making progress on what we deemed impossible.

Formally "HHDude"

It depend on the woman and it depend on the women's fashion items the man wears. It is unfair to speak so general. This is like saying that all dogs bite. Sure, a fat man in high stilleto heels may look bad but a fat woman in low rise pants doesn't look so good either.