Has anybody seen the film "Secretary"?

ulli

The poster artwork for this film looks very promising:

Posted Image

Apparently it's about an SM relationship between a secretary and her boss, which is not my cup of tea, but this being a Hollywood film it can't be too extreme. Has anybody seen it? What's it like from a shoe lover's point of view?

The poster artwork for many movies does not always represent accurately what you will see in that particular movie.

I went to see Dressed to Kill (1980) strictly based upon the poster artwork. It gave me the impression someone would be wearing 6" stilettos. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed.

Posted Image

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

The poster artwork for many movies does not always represent accurately what you will see in that particular movie.

True, you can't judge a book by its cover. But the plot summary of "Secretary" suggests a possibility of heels featuring more prominently than usual when they are shown in the poster artwork. Unfortunately, the film is not yet available on DVD here in Austria, so I cannot check.

We could open a new thread about movie posters featuring high heels. For instance, the poster for Gwyneth Paltrow's last film, View From The Top, shows several female flight attendants in very nice shoes.

I went to see Dressed to Kill (1980) strictly based upon the poster artwork. It gave me the impression someone would be wearing 6" stilettos. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed.

I recall the London Underground being covered with that poster at the time, was it really so long ago? Glad I never fell for actually going to see the film.

The ad agency designers know only to well which buttons to push on the punters when they design adverts like this.

/I

/I

Uma Thurman did some publicity shots of the film "The Avengers" a while back in which she wore a tight black catsuit and thigh length stilletto boots. Did we see them in the film proper - did we hell no!! :(

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Well, after all these years (since 1980), I am comforted to know that I was not the only one to dash eagerly along to see "Dressed To Kill" on the strength of that mind-blowing poster. only to sit through the entire film, bored out of my skull, not seeing even a sniff of those mega-heels! A pure con and an unscrupulous deception! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Truth in advertising is much like honest politicians. Rare, but great when you see it. Most cleaning product commercials lie, and the product never does what the commercial says it does. Shoe commercials, while rare, are usually good ones. :( Just show the shoes, and how people get excited about shoes. Simple. :(

If I may go back to the opening question :( I have seen "Secretary" and liked it. From a heely perspective the opening scene, if I recall correctly, will leave an impact. But the rest of the movie is a bit different. It is a romantic comedy but with a twist. It takes the familiar theme of the romantic comedy but between two people with a need to control. It has some S&M themes in it and it's a good movie to watch but don't expect steamy sex scenes or something like this.

• 2 years later...