Not excited about new current Spring/Summer heels ... so far

All the Spring/Summer heels in the shops that are not black, white, or ‘nude’ seem to be at least 2cm platforms. In Perth Western Australia anyway. Wanting the excitement of buying a new pair of heels yesterday after getting back from site I went late night shopping at the Galleria in Morley but really did not see anything that excited me enough to even want to even try them on. So sad. Platforms everywhere. Some of the wedges (not that I am that into wedges either) have totally silly platforms. I am seriously not into full platforms but I don’t mind semi-plats. My current most favourite heels ever are semi-plats. Alise and I have decided to go to Garden City on Saturday. I am sort of thinking about something in a pastel blue or even pastel pink. Something that will go with jeans. I prefer open styles but don’t like busy strappy shoes with thin webby sort of strapping. I will let you know if I find something. Christine.

Yes, high enough platforms to park a train in! I don't like them either, but no doubt you'll find something you prefer. However, why worry about fashion? You make your own, very tastefully, as we can see from your pictures. Just realised it's Spring with you now - Autumn is closing in on us here.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Agree totally, so many over the top and awkward looking. Check out Wittner shoes, they have some semi plats which are quite nice. Also how about SIren shoes which you can get in Myers and Marie Claire _ I got a pair of blue/teal suede pumps the other day with about 41\2" heel and they look great with jeans

Cheers

Checked out Siren & Wittner. Everything I saw were 10-12 cm heels with a minimum 2.5 - 4.0 cm plats...with the exception of some flats and 3 or 4 10-12 cm single-sole heels, ALL very good-looking. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the "semi-plat" comment. Based on Christine's avatar, she seems to be more into the .5 -1.0 cm plat, the dynamite red peeps notwithstanding.

UpBy5

Yes by semi-plat I mean about a 1cm platform. My current total favourites my blue and white peeps are about 1cm. Even my red PeepToes are only slightly over 1cm. I tried to find a picture on my phone that shows the platform better. I am away at site and don’t have them with me or I could have just taken a picture with my phone of them flat on a table or something. Everyone is different but I think that higher platforms start to look a bit odd and are not as sexy and they are not as steady to walk in. I have worn my blue and white peeps trolley shopping but I don't see myself wearing 3 or 4cm platform heels trolley shopping. Christine.

post-30706-133522953153_thumb.jpg

Here in the USA, I too noticed a lot of styles with the platform, hidden or unhidden, in many of the new shoes that are on display at the stores. As some of the other members have brought up before, when a style becomes popular, is is multi-copied by what seems like everyone. Although it does seem like the full color spectrum is being exercised.

Myself, I seem to favor a platform. Just seems to be easier on the ball of my foot. Some of the single sole shoes just seem too thin on the bottom, and I can feel every little pebble I step on. I feel I'm most comfortable in a 1/2" to 3/4" platform so far although I do have a coule pairs of 2" plus platform heels of which I have done a 'Walk a mile in her shoes' event in with no problems.