Own more women's shoes than men's?

Jabble

I have about 5 pairs of mens shoes and about 25 pairs of womens shoes.

So you have 25 pairs of women's shoes? Who's are they? :) How do you acquire them? I hope you are not stealing them?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wavey:Do I own more women's shoes then men's? People! We are going at it wrong here... I don't own any women's shoes so the question should be do I own more heels then flats?

Yes I do.:)

Of course, Hoverfly... the moment you buy them they are no more women's shoes! I supposed he meant taken from the women's rack.

:wavey:Do I own more women's shoes then men's? People! We are going at it wrong here... I don't own any women's shoes so the question should be do I own more heels then flats?

I see your point hoverfly, but of course if we weren't talking about "shoes from the womens department" it would make for a pretty boring thread ("All my shoes are mens"). In any case (a) my ballet flats carry just as much perceived social stigma as my heels, and (:) if the mens department was full of chunky heels for men I'd still rather buy my shoes from the womens department - and I'm happy with that. For me it's just another category: running shoes, tennis shoes, womens shoes, whatever.

I think that "mens heels" can mean heels in mens sizes, heels in masculine styles, or feminine styles in the mens department. Well that's just crying out for a poll... What does "mens heels" mean to you?

If you like it, wear it.

I see your point hoverfly, but of course if we weren't talking about "shoes from the womens department" it would make for a pretty boring thread ("All my shoes are mens"). In any case (a) my ballet flats carry just as much perceived social stigma as my heels, and (:) if the mens department was full of chunky heels for men I'd still rather buy my shoes from the womens department - and I'm happy with that. For me it's just another category: running shoes, tennis shoes, womens shoes, whatever.

I think that "mens heels" can mean heels in mens sizes, heels in masculine styles, or feminine styles in the mens department. Well that's just crying out for a poll... What does "mens heels" mean to you?

Don't complicate things, call them High heels or flats. Nothing more nothing less. You want to see high heels in larger sizes, then just say that.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Yes I do.:)

That is more clear of a question. I do like that better.

I have purchased all of my shoes, since I’m a CD it helps to have a nice pair of heels when I go out . I don’t try them on at the store, but most stores have a great return or exchange policy.

I agree - I purchase all my heels - try many of them on at the store. I have found that the sales people know that you are looking for womens heels when you are a man in the womens shoe department. Might as well just try them on - they don't mind - it's all a sale to them.

Thanks,

Bernheels

I agree - I purchase all my heels - try many of them on at the store. I have found that the sales people know that you are looking for womens heels when you are a man in the womens shoe department. Might as well just try them on - they don't mind - it's all a sale to them.

Thanks,

Bernheels

I never did identify any quantities: These are aprox numbers to hard to count all my heels - they are everywhere in my house and car:

Over 200 pairs of high heel shoes of some style or another

30 pairs of high heel boots

10 pairs of guy cowboy boots - some with 3-4 inch stacked heels

10 pairs of "plain old" guy shoes

Just a few of my heels!!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Lots%20of%20heels/SAM_0296Medium.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Lots%20of%20heels/SAM_0274Medium.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Lots%20of%20heels/DSC01139Small.jpg

A guy never has enough high heels!

Thanks, Bernheels

I never did identify any quantities: These are aprox numbers to hard to count all my heels - they are everywhere in my house and car:

Over 200 pairs of high heel shoes of some style or another

30 pairs of high heel boots

10 pairs of guy cowboy boots - some with 3-4 inch stacked heels

10 pairs of "plain old" guy shoes

Just a few of my heels!!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Lots%20of%20heels/SAM_0296Medium.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Lots%20of%20heels/SAM_0274Medium.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Lots%20of%20heels/DSC01139Small.jpg

A guy never has enough high heels!

Thanks, Bernheels

Those are cool looking!

Don't complicate things, call them High heels or flats. Nothing more nothing less. You want to see high heels in larger sizes, then just say that.

Complication not intended. I was just alluding to the original question which states womens/mens and reflects our generally having to buy shoes from "the other side" which can be a big hurdle to overcome. The heels/flats distinction is just as valid and interesting and I'm glad you asked it, but it is a different question and provides a different perspective on the idea of "mens heels", that's all.

The flipside of "mens heels" would be "womens flats" like the current trend for the womens flat oxford style. I don't see many women trying/buying shoes from the mens department. Maybe they don't need to because the womens department seems much more free to adapt styles across gender boundaries... or are they just as "ashamed" as some guys are about buying shoes from the other side?

If you like it, wear it.

• 6 months later...

Perhaps i should start refuse to make difference between shoes. I have couple of pairs of shoes and since they never been worn by women and i'm male...no i only have male shoes eventhough some of them have high heels. :unsure:

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

I have about eight pairs of mens shoes if you include trainers etc, womens shoes I own 14 pairs the oldest bought in 1972 navy blue wedge sandals from Freeman Hardy & Willis and they still fit, crumbs forty years ago. I think I purchased my first pair of womens style shoes about 1965.

life is not a rehearsal

Technically, I own no male shoes, as even my sneakers are women's as they are lighter. Total over 30 pairs ranging from flats to platforms.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I haven't bought any men's shoes for years now. But I can remember I may still have a pair of Van's somewhere... and that's all for men's shoes ! Less than a half of my shoes are unisex (IMO, but bought as women's shoes) : converse like, tennis shoes, flat boots, cowboy boots, conservative shoes, flat sandals, etc... that I'm wearing in public. The other (big) half are more (or totally) feminine shoes I don't have the balls to wear in public yet. I don't know exactly how many pair of shoes I own, must be around 40, maybe up to 50.

I think I have about five pairs of men's shoes, although two pairs (my Magnum boots and my New Rock Reactors) are both available in women's sizes, so I suppose you could call those unisex. I probably have 40 or so pairs of heels.

I have 6 pairs of men's shoes and those are for work purposes. I have over 30 pairs women's shoes including Mules, pumps and peep toes. Sorry I'm not into boots.:unsure: Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.