Own more women's shoes than men's?

Jabble

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have one pair of mens shoes, but there really comfortable & feel more like tennisshoes the rest are womens!:unsure:

I have more men's than women's shoes. I have about 20 pairs of women' shoes of which about half are boxed in the attic as I'm not using these right now. The other 10 I use. I have maybe 50 or 60 pairs of men's shoes half of which are sports shoes of various types. Of the non sports shoes I have a good deal of conventional business shoes, some casual shoes and some edgy special mens shoes. I'm a little surprised that so many on this forum of "shoe lovers" don't seem to buy, use and treasure some of the special men's shoes that can be found if you look hard.

I have about the same but that is only because I used to go through these binge phases where I would throw out my heels to only buy more after. I have likely diposed of at least 20 pairs over the years.

My 'mens boots' are steel toe, hiking, work and western dress boots. The rest of my collection - 14 pairs of high heeled boots and shoes. I spend the most time in steel toe work boots. 11 to 17 hours a day - - - Hate them, but it's required.

Who owns more women's shoes than shoes for men?

What is your ratio of women's shoes to men's?

Thanks for viewing.

:unsure:

I have one pair of battered men's trainers which sit by the back door for when I have to empty the bin or something.

Ratio women's to men's shoes 13:1

Of which 7 are heels. I like heels.

:mecry:

I got way more women's boots and shoes than men's. Ratio would be 20:1 I do wear my men's shoes or boots when I have no other choice. I often go to construction sites and I must wear steel toe boots :mecry: These boots are so heavy. Glad to change into lighter heels when I get home :unsure:

Sadly, I only have a mere 1 pair of heels, but they look like something from the 70s :mecry: (See the avatar?) And men's shoes...well, the ratio of men's to women's would be 5:1 D: I've also done the purging as others had, once for a good reason; end up moving to a new home & not a single hiding spot could be found at the time. Another time...I had a guilty conscious, safe to say. Can't gain too many pairs as I would run out of hiding spots. But it doesn't mean I stopped trying :unsure:

Formally "HHDude"

• 1 month later...

My only pair of unisex shoes are a pair of riding boots I wear to work. Therefore my ratio is about 1100:1!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I own one pair of mens tennis shoe> one pair of work boots. and 70 pairs of ladies high heels I admit to WANTING more Heels only so much closet space and my wife is tired of all the sandals She does ask when will get some mens dress shoes intead of womens dress shoes!

I have more men's than women's shoes.

I have about 20 pairs of women' shoes of which about half are boxed in the attic as I'm not using these right now. The other 10 I use.

I have maybe 50 or 60 pairs of men's shoes half of which are sports shoes of various types. Of the non sports shoes I have a good deal of conventional business shoes, some casual shoes and some edgy special mens shoes. I'm a little surprised that so many on this forum of "shoe lovers" don't seem to buy, use and treasure some of the special men's shoes that can be found if you look hard.

All depends on what your using them for. As an example, I spend 10 to 16 hours a day in a steel toe work boot - nothing fashionable about that. Then I go to a hunting/outdoor work boot for stuff around the house - I don't live anywhere near suburbia - there are no sidewalks. I have one pair of Justins that I wear maybe once every couple weeks for a few hours. A bit more formal. I actually have not bought any form of atheletic/sport shoe for some thirty years. I have high instep and arches, and never found them comfortable. They always seem to lack support. A feature I am seeing more often in newer work boots.

Last time I had a pair of dress mens shoes was probably 1975 as a kid. Never really liked those florsheim wingtips. I wore black Justin boots at my wedding. Good height and underslung - - come to think of it, I believe that was the last time I ever wore a suit or tux - 1986. Wife say's I have one someplace - - -

I have 5 pairs of shoes from the men's department, and about 80 in total from the women's department (of which around 70 are heels). In recent months I've bought hiking shoes and trainers from the women's department, so the distinction between mens/womens shoes has become blurred and it's more about "shall I wear my heels or my flats today?".

Despite a 16:1 ratio of womens to mens shoes and a love for heels, I probably spend only 10% of my time wearing my heels (but almost all of that time is in public). Sure I'd love to spend more time but since I started wearing them publicly I've enjoyed much more quality time than just quantity.

If you like it, wear it.

i got 5 pairs of womens boots, 2 mens 70's plats. and 1 mens dress boot. i wear all the shoes and boots except the one pair of spike heels because my ankles are too damaged from running track

Same for me I have more shoes picked from the women aisle. Worse, Though I am very picky with shoes, when it comes to dress in men's shoes, I have often the ugliest shoes. I don't spend enough time to choose and to take interest in my men shoes.

Edited by Gudulitooo