Loafers with heels..

gaijin gig

I'm glad that you were able to order a pair. they look great. Please tell us how you like them when they arrive. I met a lovely woman from Nepal not too long ago.. she was working in Pakistani resturant..she replaced another young woman also from the same neck of the woods... tell you what.. from what i have seen so far there are a lot of good looking women there!They have great Fashion sense too!

Cheers

Yes, I'll let you know how they turn out after I have been through the excruciating process of extracting them from the General Post Office parcel counter in Kathmandu. Nepali women and girls are delightful. Makes up for all the downsides of living here. (Although I suppose, as I've been here for 28 years, I've got to reflect that the other upsides win.) I have been married to one for the last 20 years. As for fashion sense, they are so basically pretty that they can get away with anything in my view!

My Browser is screwing up again.... let me try this again... I dont know what it is that you have to do to get your parcel, but i hope it goes smoothly. I have never been exposed to Nepali women before, so for me it was a treat(besides the Pakistani fish) I wanted to hear all about the area. I love to Travel, so anytime i get to hear about a place that i have not been to it's a double win for me. I have heard some good things and some not so good.... i throw em all in abowl mix it up and i come out with my own opinion. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I've just caught up with this thread and have to say that the current loafer styles are mostly very attractive. It is of course essentially a male shoe which was adopted by the ladies and given a feminine twist (as well as, usually, a high heel) and is a good style for men to wear for discreet street-heeling. Whilst the 'traditional' female loafer has a fairly chunky (often stacked) heel of medium height (around 3") and little or no platform, the newer styles with a high stiletto heel are imho a very attractive alternative. I even approve of a modest platform as it can suit the more rugged look presented by a loafer. This is one shoe that can work in various guises on both sexes for either smart or casual wear - and the tan and brown versions with a stacked heel look just right in the autumn. Primark is another UK high street shop with some great loafer styles currently in stock - not for the first time do I wish I could wear a UK8!

• 2 months later...

I received my Franco Sarto loafers, following an amazingly smooth process through the central post office. They only charged me $1.5 import tax!

Anyway here are a couple of shots of me wearing them in two different dress modes; one normal jeans, the other with what is known here as a 'kurta' and some woolly leggings. Both men and women wear kurtas. The one I have on is a more feminine cut.

http://www.hhplace.org/picture.php?albumid=715&pictureid=7445