Loafers with heels..

gaijin gig

My Gf mentioned to me that she might want to start wearing Loafers with heels... The first thing i thought of were the "penny loafers" from back in the day..with this in my mind i quicky tried to talk her out of this madness and quickly tried to change the subject, we were on the phone at the time. she said that she was going to send me a picture of what she was indeed talking about.My Gf has great taste in shoes- normally. I thought was she changing on me? was she talking to her spinsterlike, un cool tragicaly un hip friends who wear"sensable" shoes all the time?

I finally got the Email from her and what she was talkining about was drop dead sexy loafers with a towering 4-5' heel! I had no idea that such shoes even existed!This reminds me of the time when she told me that she was wearing "Maryjanes" to a party.. i googled MJ's and came up with the Little girl shoes.. thought to my self "they are ugly"... but the ones she had in mind were for BIG girls... Just curious anyone here Like Loafers with heels? blade or stilettos?

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/fallfashion/what-do-your-fall-shoes-say-about-you-2526947/#photoViewer=1

Cheers

Lets see the maryjane heels!

I'll see if i can ger her to send a picture of them.. she picked them out i'm not sure where she got them from... but they were pretty sexy..

Daniel, Thanks for the link.. Aldo has some of the nicest shoes around.. funny thing when you go to the link you gave me the shoes were not in the "loafer" section.. they were in the HH section. I guess their webmaster does not know his shoes!.

Yes she does like to keep me guessing just as long as she keeps "guessing" the right kind of footware!

Cheers

There are a good selection of such shoes on Ebay, too. They seem to be coming in, and while I'm not too keen on the platforms it's great to see shoes which might be considered to be more masculine in style. Don't get me wrong, I love classic stilettos, but this sort of thing (loafer front, not such a pointy toe, and thicker heels) might be just what we need. Those Daniel gives a link to are ideal, in my opinion.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

I was skeptical at first, but I saw these (tan loafers.jpg) and bought them a few weeks ago (after trying on a few similar styles in the store) and really enjoyed wearing them. I think they can vary a lot though, some look really pretty and stylish while others can look a bit dated and frumpy. I think a stiletto heel definitely helps though some chunkier styles can also be attractive if they look modern and playful. It sounds like your girlfriend has no trouble picking out the cute ones :irked:

If you like it, wear it.

That is definitely a very interesting look. Walking towards someone, particularly with bootcut jeans just off the ground, one would think you're wearing nice men's dress shoes. It would only be if someone then saw you from behind would they realize the loafer has a cute heel as well. It is honestly intriguing to look at. All we need now are photos are this shoe "out and about". HappyinHeels:wave:

They are so easy. I got a pair from matalan three months back. Yesterday saw that Tesco have black patent 3 1/2 inch heels. Look good and sensible price. Al

That is definitely a very interesting look. Walking towards someone, particularly with bootcut jeans just off the ground, one would think you're wearing nice men's dress shoes. It would only be if someone then saw you from behind would they realize the loafer has a cute heel as well. It is honestly intriguing to look at. All we need now are photos are this shoe "out and about".

HappyinHeels:wave:

Well I wore them standing in a queue at an information desk so the heels were definitely on view. The thing with people noticing begind you is that you don't see their reactions (and the people behind the desk only see your top half). I noticed a few discrete but obvious glances as I walked to go outside, but you're right, when I was sat on a bench eating my lunch and the shoes were only visible from the front nobody seemed to notice at all.

As for photographic evidence you'll just have to take my word for it for now as I don't have any "out and about" photos.

If you like it, wear it.

Definitely a style I would personally have to "condition" myself to getting used to, and then eventually buying/wearing about. I just can't get the picture outta my head of them looking horribly with anything I wear. But of course, I've now discovered my dress pants could become an item to wear too ;P

Formally "HHDude"

I remember during my school-days (mid sixties on) when loafers became fashionable amongst the younger "mods". I personally hated them, still dislike the current flat styles that are still the same. Tried to get a pair of the Tesco heels but only found 2 pairs of size 4 in the local big store outside Portsmouth. The Welsh store we were in last week had all sizes and was less than 1/8 the size. Frustrating or what? and now they are not on the website, now I'm really ****. Al

IMO not the patent black ones, but the style is quite nice, if not the height or the price!

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Tried to get a pair of the Tesco heels but only found 2 pairs of size 4 in the local big store outside Portsmouth. The Welsh store we were in last week had all sizes and was less than 1/8 the size.

Frustrating or what? and now they are not on the website, now I'm really ****.

Al

I'm not sure which ones from Tesco but I found these:

http://www.clothingattesco.com/shoes/f+f-basic-heeled-loafer/invt/bk120023/

and although one reviewer said they may run a little wide, they're only listed up to a size UK7.

I like the look of these from Peacocks (especially in the brown):

http://www.peacocks.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=5149341&prodFindSrc=paramNav

and they have a style with a lower heel if that's more what you're looking for:

http://www.peacocks.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=5123361&prodFindSrc=paramNav

Both styles run to a size UK8.

And New Look have quite a wide selection of loafer heels too:

http://www.newlook.com/search/search_results_list.jsp?trail=SRCH%3Aloafer+heels%3A8002%3ArootCategory%3A8002%3Acat10002%3A1002%3Acat1470059&sfh_so=-bestSellerScore&sfh_ps=20

with most (but not all) running to a UK8.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

If you like it, wear it.

Sleakheels The ones I saw were higher 31/2 inch and slimmer. Went to Matalan on Sunday they had some very similar to that style. Love the tall heeled styles at new look they have been on the web for sometime but not instore at least locally Al

Sleakheels

The ones I saw were higher 31/2 inch and slimmer. Went to Matalan on Sunday they had some very similar to that style.

Love the tall heeled styles at new look they have been on the web for sometime but not instore at least locally

Al

Now you mention it the ones I bought from New Look in July (TanLoafers.jpg , tan loafers.jpg ) were only available in a larger store and disappeared pretty quickly. I'm not so keen on the patent version they've replaced it with. There does seem to be a shortage of loafer styles with a higher thinner heel, at least from main national high-street retailers.

Barratts have a high loafer slingback in grey or black:

http://www.barratts.co.uk/en/blink-loafer-style-slingback-court-shoes-215141

or this closed-back version in tan or black:

http://www.barratts.co.uk/en/blink-loafer-style-court-shoes-215952

running to a 41 (probably a tight UK8 ), though £40 seems a bit expensive if they're synthetic uppers (and what's the little metal button detail all about?)

If you like it, wear it.

sleek, you have great taste in loafers... i dont think i have ever seen a loafer with an slingback before.. and as for all of the rest that you posted they are just beautiful... just the thing to bring out in the fall.. i'm so sick of seeing FF's I hate when the season goes from Nice hot sunny weather to fall but this is one way to ease into it- with a nice pair of loafers such as you picked out. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

I recently ordered these Franco Sarto loafers:

http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/06851-5160276/Franco+Sarto/Brandy+Leather/Women's+Banjo.aspx

from shoes.com and am waiting for their shipment to arrive here in Kathmandu. They are a little conservative (if a man wearing them can be such!) but will be great for the rough footpaths of this city. And hopefully ordinary enough looking that I can achieve my desire of wearing them for work meetings (which are almost always at other's offices).

At the same time I also ordered Franco Sarto's Bolt oxford based on the same heel/sole unit. In the blurb on the web page it says "Add a touch of menswear to your look with the Bolt oxford booties from Franco Sarto". Will the day ever come when "menswear" will be replaced by "womenswear" in this sentence! Probably not.

P.S. I switched my mood to Hot as I am presently in the south-east of Nepal, an extension of the north Indian plain, with no aircon and an unreliable power supply, so that the sweat pours down when the fan stops!