More proof you should "try them on"

HappyinHeels

Hi All,

One moe reason everyone should "try them on" happened today. I stopped by Sears in Milwaukee on the way home today looking for their new Kardashian over the knee boot with the stiletto heel but found it only up to size 10. Yet I decided to try it having heard that big department store size 10 are sometimes bigger than you think. The boots FIT!!! This is the first time a boot, and closed toe at that, has ever fit me in size 10. The key may be that the zipper is at the back of the boot and not on the side as usual. The point is, has I assumed they would not fit, I would not now have them on my feet. Anyone out there is optimally an 11 but sometimes fits a 10 should try these boots on!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/dap_10153_12605_DAP_Kardashian+Collection+Category?category=shoes&adCell=W3

WOW! I love boots with the zipper at the rear and not the side. Great find HappyinHeels :-) I wonder if they run big as I'm usually a size 12 and the site says they come in size 11. Could I be that lucky?

HappyinHeels,

This is such good advice and it cannot be emphasized enough. All shoes and boots are made differently. If you do see a shoe or boot you like that is a size smaller, try it on. The worst that can happen is that it doesn't fit. But, like in your case, you liked it, tried it on, and it fit. And that is great news for you.

Dr. Shoe, I don't know if Sears exists in the UK or not but I highly recommend anyone try it on if you see it as you may be surprised. My feet are basically normal width although some shoes will be tight if the toebox is smaller or the vamp opening (peep toes) is a narrow cut. One learns a lot about shoes and retailing just by trial and error. I have, by reactions to me, learned the product line so well at Bakers, a well-known US chain of shoe stores based in St. Louis, Missouri; that I can often name the style on the salesgirls' feet as I walk into the store which gains their attention and respect. It really seems to work wonders as I show knowledge and appreciation for something they are trying hard to sell. It also quickly builds that bridge of understanding so vital in everyday human interaction. Which is why we all wear high heels in the first place. Whether it's a statement of femininity, style, or another facet of our personality we want to express we ALL want to interact with others through our footwear. To all those reading these words and wondering...hmmm just more internet bs or do these folks have a point??? There are better places to spin yarns of fiction like the short story network but this site is about helping others. I hope one or two or three people reading these posts will finally get out there and start sampling the joy of trying on and buying your shoes in the store of your choice and make online purchases the exception rather than the rule. Happy Heeling!! Happy IN Heels :irked:

Nice Boots Happyinheels! You are right trying them on is the best way. However in rural Canada I have to say I would miss many chances of nice shoes and boots with out the internet, but I do have sizing down to a science now, the odd case where it goes awry. But when going to the city if I do see something I'll try it on. Anyways, nice boots and awesome find. Cheers, Mtnsofheels

Thanks Happyinheels about the Sears advice. I also wear size 11 and would never thought to try boots in size 10 from Sears. BTW, the Kardashian "Seatle" boots are to die for ! Hoping the Sears store in my area carry them. Will go there soon !