At work in heels

abburke

He could also throw in there "Judge not, lest ye be judged". lol

They'd probably make the assumption that he too is gay and he'd get the condemnation speech.. I also don't believe that "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife's shoes" made it to the top ten commandments.. lol

Charlie

Some assumptions would be made due to other subject matter amongst the different family housholds within the group, but out of all the households, there are only two who have been married 25 years, and only one with no big marital problems - - mine.

Well done Foxy !

Some women even asking you how high are your heels. Wow !

This is very nice. This is a way to show their acceptance of you wearing heels.

On your second day you were wearing your "Panda half inch heeled boots" ?

I guess this is a typo since ½" is not high very high heels indeed...

I have read it back and there are numerous mistakes, it should be three and a half. My fault for typing it on an I-pad with predictive text whilst cooking a meal at the same time.

The question about the height of my heels was asked in a sort of disbelief of how high they were but also with an acceptance and admiration of me wearing what I wanted to. The other thing about the group I was in is that they are quite conservatively dressed, hence none of the ladies with heels higher than mine. This made the fact they accepted me even more pleasing.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Some assumptions would be made due to other subject matter amongst the different family housholds within the group, but out of all the households, there are only two who have been married 25 years, and only one with no big marital problems - - mine.

Hmm, interesting. One to throw in if things got heated? I assume these are people for whom it would have been possible to be married 25 years... The more I hear of this, the more I hope you'll go through with it rather than just suggest it as something which could make them all choke on their turkey! Is that the 24th of next month? Just say you like to keep ahead of fashion and that most people will be wearing them next year because their bosses have told them that's the only raise they're likely to get.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Hmm, interesting. One to throw in if things got heated? I assume these are people for whom it would have been possible to be married 25 years... The more I hear of this, the more I hope you'll go through with it rather than just suggest it as something which could make them all choke on their turkey! Is that the 24th of next month? Just say you like to keep ahead of fashion and that most people will be wearing them next year because their bosses have told them that's the only raise they're likely to get.

Most could have been married 25 years, but didn't make it that far.

- - - the only raise you'll see this year - - - that's not far off the mark.

We will do this family thanksgiving a week before. I'm actually planning on being in Gatlinburg Tennessee over Thanksgiving this year - just in case anyone else will be in the area for a meet up.

Just say you like to keep ahead of fashion and that most people will be wearing them next year because their bosses have told them that's the only raise they're likely to get.

Now THIS was funny! LOL

Think I'll use this myself if anyone ever bothers to ask me about my 4" heeled boots at work. lol

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

And at least part of this is that you partake in what you want to partake in and this makes you a happier person and likely an easier person to live with as a result. Congrats!

Charlie

On a recent shopping trip I picked up a pair of black stretch cotton slacks size 14 (no rear pockets). These turned out to be very comfortable, trim fitting, and better looking than any of my "guy" slacks. I wore these new slacks and black leather ankle boots with a 2" block heel to work today. No one even raised an eyebrow. I've been wearing boots like these for months so I wasn't surprised. In fact the only "guy" stuff I have on is my watch and a long sleeved dress shirt. This is a very comfortable way to dress.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I decided I should drop a minor update on here following from today's continued success. Yesterday I bought a pair of black mens slacks in a longer leg length that normal with the intention of trying them out with heels at work today. I pulled my 4inch block heeled boots out from their box, threw the slacks on over the top and dressed for work as normal. The slacks sit just off the floor when walking so the heel it pretty much totally hidden. I've spent the whole day without comment or notice from my colleagues and boss, even taking the time to have a nice chat with the boss in the canteen over a coffee and he didn't notice anything different at all. I think providing I steer clear of my abundant stiletto collection for a while, no-one will even notice. I can't tell you how darn liberating it is to be able to get up and walk about without switching to my boring-as-hell shoes first!

I've spent the whole day without comment or notice from my colleagues and boss, even taking the time to have a nice chat with the boss in the canteen over a coffee and he didn't notice anything different at all.

I think providing I steer clear of my abundant stiletto collection for a while, no-one will even notice. I can't tell you how darn liberating it is to be able to get up and walk about without switching to my boring-as-hell shoes first!

Doesn't anyone noticed the difference in your height?

Doesn't anyone noticed the difference in your height?

Shockingly not! The boots have a 4inch heel but no-one has noticed anything yet.

That said, two of the admin staff (the only women in the office!) are off sick this week. I imagine that when they're back in the office they might notice. The rest of the guys here haven't said a thing if they have noticed...

Chris

@Softmover: Yea, I almost expected some kind of odd look from at least one colleague but it seems no one noticed. I imagine if the pants were regular length showing off the boot a little then someone might have said something. As it is, the boot is pretty well covered up. In fact, I didn't realize how covered up it was until I took this picture a moment ago:

(clicky!)

A better shot of the boots:

(clicky!)

Chris

Shockingly not! The boots have a 4inch heel but no-one has noticed anything yet.

That said, two of the admin staff (the only women in the office!) are off sick this week. I imagine that when they're back in the office they might notice. The rest of the guys here haven't said a thing if they have noticed...

Chris

This is not unusual at all. It's so damned easy that it's hard to believe isn't it? I still get giddy when I think about this miracle that Firefox, Xaphod, and Francis showed me the way to years ago. It's all in the confidence.

Charlie

@Softmover: Yea, I almost expected some kind of odd look from at least one colleague but it seems no one noticed. I imagine if the pants were regular length showing off the boot a little then someone might have said something. As it is, the boot is pretty well covered up. In fact, I didn't realize how covered up it was until I took this picture a moment ago:

(clicky!)

(clicky!)

Chris

Those boots look really nice.

CRabbit, congratulations on your outing. As someone who is more into discretion than exhibitionism, I know the feeling when you are able to move to higher heels out in public, and feel like you're not attracting any more attention. I had a similar 'wow' moment as you. My previous heeling shoes were a pair of ankle boots, brown patent, with (to me) a ridiculously loud 2 5/8" heel. I did wear them out, but I was always self conscious in them (more because of the sound then the heels). Then I found a pair similar to yours: matte black finish, black matte block heel, about 3 1/2" heel. They were dead quiet, so in most places I could wear them out without any concerns at all. I know less than 1" difference doesn't sound like a lot, but 3 1/2", you feel you're wearing some heels (vs 2.x", which is more like a pair of training heels). You being able to go from 2" to 4", I have to imagine it took a while for the excitement to subside. So will this be your everyday outfit, or just occasionally? And how do you handle sitting down, especially in public / with coworkers around? While a long pair of pants can hide a heel while you are standing, once you sit down and the cuff rides up, it's pretty much out there for everyone to see. I agree a truer test might be where your women coworkers return. I think in general women probably tend to notice shoes and clothing more than men do (members of this board excluded!). Keep us posted on your outings.

CRabbit, congratulations on your outing. As someone who is more into discretion than exhibitionism, I know the feeling when you are able to move to higher heels out in public, and feel like you're not attracting any more attention.

I had a similar 'wow' moment as you. My previous heeling shoes were a pair of ankle boots, brown patent, with (to me) a ridiculously loud 2 5/8" heel. I did wear them out, but I was always self conscious in them (more because of the sound then the heels). Then I found a pair similar to yours: matte black finish, black matte block heel, about 3 1/2" heel. They were dead quiet, so in most places I could wear them out without any concerns at all. I know less than 1" difference doesn't sound like a lot, but 3 1/2", you feel you're wearing some heels (vs 2.x", which is more like a pair of training heels). You being able to go from 2" to 4", I have to imagine it took a while for the excitement to subside.

So will this be your everyday outfit, or just occasionally? And how do you handle sitting down, especially in public / with coworkers around? While a long pair of pants can hide a heel while you are standing, once you sit down and the cuff rides up, it's pretty much out there for everyone to see.

I agree a truer test might be where your women coworkers return. I think in general women probably tend to notice shoes and clothing more than men do (members of this board excluded!).

Keep us posted on your outings.

Before CRabbit answers, I'll throw my 2 cents here ... I think a lot like you do JWhite44. When I went up to 4" heeled boots, I had the same thoughts about what happens when I sit. I finally just said to myself that I don't give a crap. Now in meetings or wherever I just let the heels show and don't give a hoot about it. Nobody has ever said anything directly to me or given me a strange look. Yes, it helps that they're thick heels whereas if they were stilettos I'm sure I'd get a comment or two. My boots are actually men's boots, but that said, I'm sure 99% of the general public would assume that they're designed for females. The truth is though that I can't rule out people whispering to one another behind my back. It's also true that I couldn't care less about that. Life is just too short to not be happy whenever I can be. Wearing the boots I want to wear makes me happy. Probably the most important aspect to staying incognito is being able to walk effortlessly in the chosen heel height for the day. 4" is pretty effortless for me now.

Charlie

(clicky!)

(clicky!)

Chris

I can see why no comments. The look's so casual, it's normal! Haha~

Formally "HHDude"

Videoing myself walking (yes, sad, isn't it?) I notice that the back of the trousers, which almost touches the floor when I'm standing, rides up quite a bit when I'm walking, so most of a four-inch heel shows.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

@jwhite44: I only have the one pair of long trousers at the moment, so the boots will come out as and when my trousers make it through the wash cycle. Today the office is packed and still no-one has noticed anything. Everyone is happily going about their day. A 15minute standing chat with the receptionist outside my office went by without comment or any sign of notice, as have the regular visits into the bosses office for brainstorming/thought bashing/etc. Wearing 4inch heeled boots all day has been absolutely fine so far with no real discomfort beyond having hotter feet than normal. @HHDude: Thanks. After a few days wearing the same style outfit it pretty much feels normal. I now see putting my flats on to go home in the same light as I believe many see taking their heels off as they get home, and that's the lifestyle I've wanted for years. @Tacchi: I feared as much, though thankfully the trousers actually hit the floor and fall under the heel a little, so not too much heel is being shown while I walk. (I too had to video myself walking using my phone several times before believing enough in the outfit to be able to wear it!) Chris

How do you get over the trousers suddenly being too long when you change into flats?

I buy my trousers so that the length just touches the floor in bare feet. For me this works no matter what the footwear.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

How do you get over the trousers suddenly being too long when you change into flats?

Turn them up inside the leg just enough to keep them off the floor yet leave them sitting on the shoe. It's not perfect but does well enough for the walk into the house and to the bedroom to get changed after work!

Chris

• 2 months later...

Finally had a chance to wear heels at a jobsite, nothing too big, but 2.5" wedge heel rubber boots. Working alone on a roof and needed boots to stand in water, figures these Hunters would work.

post-488-133522971064_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

these experiences are very helpfull... thanks everybody for sharing. as for me..my work place is quite conversative, all the ladies wear really low heels but I do go to work with men's cowboy boot that are about 2.5 inches and quite loud...nodoby cares really if not about them being pointy but just for fun..

On a recent shopping trip I picked up a pair of black stretch cotton slacks size 14 (no rear pockets). These turned out to be very comfortable, trim fitting, and better looking than any of my "guy" slacks. I wore these new slacks and black leather ankle boots with a 2" block heel to work today. No one even raised an eyebrow. I've been wearing boots like these for months so I wasn't surprised. In fact the only "guy" stuff I have on is my watch and a long sleeved dress shirt. This is a very comfortable way to dress.

I tend to agree that the current guy-cut clothes do not fit as well as the gal-cut clothing for me. I do not even own a pair of guy's pants any more. All my jeans, slacks etc are all womens, and I love the fit and the styling. I wear them with guys shirts, but occasionally mix in a gals shirt, and no one bats an eye, or else they don't say anything. Even belts and hosery I have about 50/50 mix. I do get to where my heels occasionally, but the need for a steel toe boot at work, has put a damper on my heeling days at work. Though on a recent vacation I bought from Payless, and then wore out of the store, a pair of HH boots with a more slender tapered block heel (about 1"x1" at the base) and a round toe. Again, wore them for a week on vacation, and no issues.

Good luck on the heeling!!!

TLAHHB's

I was in a grocery store checking out one time with the wife purchasing a 6 pack while wearing makeup. I am 37 but the lady checking us out carded me. When she looked at my driver's license and age, she looked at me again in awe and told me that life has been really good to me! Obviously she thought I was a lot younger than I really was yet I am sure the makeup helped!

Too lazy to grow and maintain long hair (and unwilling to risk hair loss due to relaxing/straightening it/wearing extensions) I began wearing wigs when I go out this year, and I'm always carded by young checkout assistants, but when I didn't wear one, I was always told by friends/colleagues that I look 30-40! So long straight "hair", high heels and a metrosexual dress style have taken 20 years plus off of me, taking me back to my correct age!

I work in healthcare. Heels are not allowed. Health and safety etc. But more often than not I will now drive to work in heels and change in the car park. Total agreement re womens clothes esp jeans. Just bought a couple a pairs of jeans today. A bootcut and a flared pair.

"You put high heels on and you change" M. Blahnik

• 7 months later...

Hi guys, just to 'reanimate' this topic again. These are the shoes I am wering in the office today:

http://hhplace.org/gallery/image/1822-doc-martens-ofira/

These are my first Doc Martens since my youth ;-). Let's see whether or not I get comments from our secretaries (who were the only commenting on my footwear so far).