At work in heels

abburke

Just thought I would share some encouragement with the group real quick. I am at work right now wearing some 3 1/2" black wedge sandals with a french pedicure, Gap (women's) slim flare leg jeans and a black Guess? shirt along with a little mineral makeup and eye liner. Sporting long hair too. The ladies in the area are talking about and loving the pedicure. How is that for positive encouragement? Also, I sometimes wear my 3 1/2" heel J. Renee black boots as well as some heeled brown croc print boots. I have received compliments about them here from guys and girls.

It's great to be able to wear heels at work. I tend to wear 3 to 5 inch stiletto boots and pumps to work. I really feel my boss, coworkers and customers would be disappointed if I didn't. My hair is on the longish side too, don't do makeup but do have rather long nails for a guy which I keep a shiny nail hardener on.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Just thought I would share some encouragement with the group real quick. I am at work right now wearing some 3 1/2" black wedge sandals with a french pedicure, Gap (women's) slim flare leg jeans and a black Guess? shirt along with a little mineral makeup and eye liner. Sporting long hair too. The ladies in the area are talking about and loving the pedicure. How is that for positive encouragement?

Also, I sometimes wear my 3 1/2" heel J. Renee black boots as well as some heeled brown croc print boots. I have received compliments about them here from guys and girls.

Lucky you and I admire your co-workers for being so positive about all of your appearal and appearence. When I first started wearing my (men's) boots with a 3" block heel, I got some strange looks and a few "snide" comments. Now, no one says anything or gives me a second look. I have not worn my stiletto high heels in the office. Based on the current environment, I'm not going to push the envelope at this time. But some from the office have seen me in public in feminine high heels. So it is no secret that I wear them.

Oh well - - Something I won't have to debate over. They don't make high heel steel toe work boots. Besides that, it just wouldn't look right wearing a platform pump running a 1" impact, or a 36" pipe wrench.

Greetings abburke :-)

Glad to see your wok collegue are open-minded. Same situation with me at work.

I'm wearing medium and high wedge or lower regular heels (no stiletto) to work without any problem.

Your female co-workers are making positice remarks about your pedicure.

May I ask you if they made any comment about your make-up ?

I don't wear make-up but I think a small amount of foundation would help me even my skin tone.

Lucky you to have longer hair. I'm sure this helps to wear make-up.

Don't think I could do make-up because I shave my head. I guess it would look "weird"...

I mean where you stop your make-up application if you have no hair line ? ( LOL ! )

Gawd, I walk about 7-8 miles a day. Wearing heels to work would cripple me!

Would you be "allowed" to wear heels at you job ? (Maybe you already do...)

If so, I hope you change into heels once you get to your job location ?

That's fantastic that you get to wear what you really want to at work and that everyone seems to be accepting of it. Unfortunately i cannot do the same as i work a trade and heels just aren't practical, i need shoes and clothing with a bit of resiliance. Im quite jealous! :irked:

Would you be "allowed" to wear heels at you job ? (Maybe you already do...)

If so, I hope you change into heels once you get to your job location ?

No, the walking is a key part of my job. Heels won't work when trying to catch horses in muddy fields. It's dodgy enough in wellies or riding boots! lol

Er, my job location is about 12 yards from my front door...

me at work BTW.

post-73-133522951938_thumb.jpg

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

No, the walking is a key part of my job. Heels won't work when trying to catch horses in muddy fields. It's dodgy enough in wellies or riding boots! lol

Er, my job location is about 12 yards from my front door...

me at work BTW.

Wouldn't pony boots work? lol

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone for the comments. Sorry I have been away for a bit trying to hunt for houses. It is really nice to be able to do such things. I have received compliments from others at work on my shoes. Thankfully I have an office job not requiring much physical labor so I can dress up a bit. For those who work hard there is no shame at all in that. You will simply enjoy your heel wearing more at the end of the day!

Greetings abburke :-)

Your female co-workers are making positice remarks about your pedicure.

May I ask you if they made any comment about your make-up ?

I don't wear make-up but I think a small amount of foundation would help me even my skin tone.

Lucky you to have longer hair. I'm sure this helps to wear make-up.

Don't think I could do make-up because I shave my head. I guess it would look "weird"...

I mean where you stop your make-up application if you have no hair line ? ( LOL ! )

Hi Daniel. I had a couple of compliments on the makeup. Not sure how it would work with a shaved head! LOL It is not real noticeable but there is one guy I work with who gives me a hard time a lot but it is really interesting how he seems to be the only one who notices or cares. He did tell me that I had better looking hands and feet than most women when he saw my french style manicure and pedicure. I told a couple of the women I like to wear some makeup and polish and they think it is great. I was in a grocery store checking out one time with the wife purchasing a 6 pack while wearing makeup. I am 37 but the lady checking us out carded me. When she looked at my driver's license and age, she looked at me again in awe and told me that life has been really good to me! Obviously she thought I was a lot younger than I really was yet I am sure the makeup helped!

I wish I could work in heels at work. It's very conservative in my work place, it would be frowned upon pretty heavily. Kudos to you!

Garbage... EVERYBODY "thinks" that until they try it.. You just need to be chilled and appropriate with it.

If your office is conservative, then you wear something conservative (Not 6" pink stilettos), start with a 2" biker boot or ankle boot with big chunky heels for a few months and go from there..

I did it for years, riding to work on a scooter in 4.5" boots with a .5" platform, for the whole world to see, spending all day at work in them then the 30 min ride home, and nobody batted an eyelid..

I didnt wear long or flared jeans to hide them either, and often travelled around london on my moped with work...

The boots themselves were simply thick, chunky rubber heels/soles, leather uppers with hardly any detail on them... Pretty dull actually, but perfect to just not worry about it..

Made riding the scooter so much easier too not being on tip-toes at every traffic light.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Tech is right. It shouldn't be a problem. I would consider my office to be rather conservative toward guys. Even though sandal wear is supposed to be limited to a couple of months of summer for everyone, the women still wear whatever sandals they want the rest of the year and no one tells them any different yet men are supposed to stop wearing them. I wear rather "conservative" heels such as 2 1/2" to 3" heeled J. Renee boots but one pair is brown croc print, the other sort of a black lizard print which gives them pizzazz. Makes for a good detour from the boring and mundane.

Garbage... EVERYBODY "thinks" that until they try it.. You just need to be chilled and appropriate with it.

Maybe so, but I sure as hec wouldn't try it at my work place. Hec, I'm not likely to even try it in this small town. It would be like slapping an instant "Gay" sign on my back, and everyone else would be trying to save my wife from "The horror". There is a Gay mens campground outside of town, and you should hear the 'weekend fun' the locals would like to do, but don't because it would put them in jail.

If your office is conservative, then you wear something conservative (Not 6" pink stilettos), start with a 2" biker boot or ankle boot with big chunky heels for a few months and go from there..

Don't know where your shopping at, but Harley's are all the rage, and I have never seen anyone on a Harley with a 2" heels. I've been shopping for a boot like that, and frankly, I don't think they exist anymore.

I did it for years, riding to work on a scooter in 4.5" boots with a .5" platform, for the whole world to see, spending all day at work in them then the 30 min ride home, and nobody batted an eyelid..

I didnt wear long or flared jeans to hide them either, and often travelled around london on my moped with work...

The boots themselves were simply thick, chunky rubber heels/soles, leather uppers with hardly any detail on them... Pretty dull actually, but perfect to just not worry about it..

Made riding the scooter so much easier too not being on tip-toes at every traffic light.

I can get away with a Frye or Justin boot with a 2" to 2.5" underslung heel. Been doing that for 25 plus years - - Problem is, I can't find them any more.

I can get away with a Frye or Justin boot with a 2" to 2.5" underslung heel.

Been doing that for 25 plus years - - Problem is, I can't find them any more.

What about boots with wedge heels ?

Nobody will notice since they are very quiet while walking.

And you will still have the satisfaction of wearing heels.

As mentioned on another thread I have been at a national conference this week. I decided I would wear my new three and a half inch chunky heeled boots.

I have worn heels out and about numerous times but not at work before.

Day 1

I am on a national committe responsible for the efficient running of the conference so had to be a half an hour early than the delegates. I was wearing black suit trousers, yellow shirt, shiny grey waistcoat and a black/ grey tie. I put my new boots on and asked MrsF if I looked alright (she always comes conference with me but goes out shopping). She said I looked fine. This was to be my first time in public with people I actually know as opposed to shopping away from home.

I left my hotel room and had the feeling I used to experience from my initial public heeling. I took the stairs down to where the conference was being held, I took a deep breath and stepped out into the check in area.

I immediately saw someone I knew and went over to speak to him. Nothing was said and he probably didn't notice anyway so after our conversation I went to the room where my committee was. I entered and greeted everyone and partook of the complimentary tea and biscuits. I took my seat, the room was set out with the tables in a horseshoe shape and the 20 of us sat around it.

I realised that from this point the majority of my heels were exposed for all around to see as my trousers moved up when. Sat down. We had our meeting and nothing was said. It was now time for us to join the main conference, we all got up and walked the short distance from our room into the main conference hall. As I walked in I saw there was about 250 people many of whom I know and several hellos and 'noticeable' look downs later I agin was sat with my group with my heels on display.

Meal time came and I went out to meet MrsF for a bite to eat, lots more glances but no comments. Once I was out of the hotel it was back to street heeling, more familiar territory, we ate at a lovely tea room and I got a few looks as we were sat at an open table in the middle.

Back to conference and back in our meeting room for the rest of the afternoon. We have to wait around in case any issues come from the conference and also have visitors who challenge some of the decisions we make.

We were quiet and started general chat, it was mentioned one of the delegates had bought a waistcoat at meal time for £195. This got the discussion onto clothes and someone commented that they loved my waistcoat. "it's very you and it goes with those boots, how high are your heels? They must be the highest in this room." Our group is two thirds women and yes I did have the highest heels. A discussion followed and nothing negative was said. We then went onto various other subjects, no issues I had been completely accepted in my heels.

I returned to my room very happy, it wasn't my intention to wear my heels on day 2 but how could I resist after such a great day.

To be continued.......

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

As mentioned on another thread I have been at a national conference this week. I decided I would wear my new three and a half inch chunky heeled boots.

I have worn heels out and about numerous times but not at work before.

Day 1

I am on a national committe responsible for the efficient running of the conference so had to be a half an hour early than the delegates. I was wearing black suit trousers, yellow shirt, shiny grey waistcoat and a black/ grey tie. I put my new boots on and asked MrsF if I looked alright (she always comes conference with me but goes out shopping). She said I looked fine. This was to be my first time in public with people I actually know as opposed to shopping away from home.

I left my hotel room and had the feeling I used to experience from my initial public heeling. I took the stairs down to where the conference was being held, I took a deep breath and stepped out into the check in area.

I immediately saw someone I knew and went over to speak to him. Nothing was said and he probably didn't notice anyway so after our conversation I went to the room where my committee was. I entered and greeted everyone and partook of the complimentary tea and biscuits. I took my seat, the room was set out with the tables in a horseshoe shape and the 20 of us sat around it.

I realised that from this point the majority of my heels were exposed for all around to see as my trousers moved up when. Sat down. We had our meeting and nothing was said. It was now time for us to join the main conference, we all got up and walked the short distance from our room into the main conference hall. As I walked in I saw there was about 250 people many of whom I know and several hellos and 'noticeable' look downs later I agin was sat with my group with my heels on display.

Meal time came and I went out to meet MrsF for a bite to eat, lots more glances but no comments. Once I was out of the hotel it was back to street heeling, more familiar territory, we ate at a lovely tea room and I got a few looks as we were sat at an open table in the middle.

Back to conference and back in our meeting room for the rest of the afternoon. We have to wait around in case any issues come from the conference and also have visitors who challenge some of the decisions we make.

We were quiet and started general chat, it was mentioned one of the delegates had bought a waistcoat at meal time for £195. This got the discussion onto clothes and someone commented that they loved my waistcoat. "it's very you and it goes with those boots, how high are your heels? They must be the highest in this room." Our group is two thirds women and yes I did have the highest heels. A discussion followed and nothing negative was said. We then went onto various other subjects, no issues I had been completely accepted in my heels.

I returned to my room very happy, it wasn't my intention to wear my heels on day 2 but how could I resist after such a great day.

To be continued.......

See, This Guy Here.... proves and shows to us that 'Confidence is key'. Show that you're confident within yourself and not worried about what others think, and others won't give it more than a second thought.

Kudos, Many kudos, to you, good sir :)

Formally "HHDude"

What's interesting is that for years, a guy could buy and wear a 'mens cowboy boot' and nobody thought a thing about it. Once you cross the shopping aisle, it's now not proper.

Once again, I got to hear this weekend about how morally degenerate our 'youth' are and how standards for proper dress attire are to lax, and to shabby. This from a few family members who I would consider Militant Evangelicals.

If I really wanted to start a major family brew-ha, all I would have to do is show up in my pair of round toe Guess platform pumps for Thanksgiving. In the past I've been kind of like the moderate in the middle between the Militant Evangelicals and "those morally degenerates who are going to hell" - - - One of the family members is gay, and is reminded of his future fate all the time.

Perhaps you should remind them of the verse, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone." You never know what secrets or lusts people have who are most vociferous in condemning others. OTOH, you might get compliments, but if you do show up in your favourite heels please do a video so that we can share the experience. :) Actually, Thanksgiving is an ideal time. Remind them it's not Condemnation. Perhaps this should be another thread - Hell on High Heels??

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

My recent conference

Day 2

After the success of day 1 I decided to again wear my panda half inch heeled boots. I wasn't going to as it's a less formal day but wanted to capitalise on my first day success.

I wore black boot cut jeans and a grey polo shirt so looked casual but still quite smart.

I strode into the conference area with great confidence gained from the previous day. Today I would be with my fellow delegates in the main conference hall and not part ofa committee. I joined the people from my local workplacecand we went nd sat in the min hall nearvto the back but surrounded by numerous people gin as I Sat down my heels were exposed and I began to stretch out my legs in front of me deliberately showing off the heels.

Tea break came andci walked around with my friends and met and spoke to several others I knew, several people noticed but no comments were made.

on our return to the hall for the second session I lagged behind the others and as I entered a male colleague waved at mep from the front row, he and the others had moved. I walked to the front past at least 200 people, what an empowering feeling. I Satan down at the front and was told we had been asked to move up front by our organiser, not sure why. I again sat withvmy legs outstretched for all to see and the second session passed without event.

Meal time and out to meet MrsF to go shopping. I had about 3 hours as I was missing the first afternoon session. We again went into a tea room for something to eat and then went shopping. Now comes the biggest test, walking around Chester for a couple of hours and I didn't account for all the cobbled streets. They are difficult, MRsF had a knowing smile as I often slipped to the sidevon my shoes. we had a great time looking around ladies shops and I boughtba nice shirt form the ladies section in Next, easily passable for male attire.

Back to conference and again no issues and very few comments.

I am sure my confidence helped but the whole experience showed there are no issues with modest block heels and matching clothing, I would recommend it to anyone who is considering giving it a go. It's true the vast majority are not bothered and doesn't seem even to be anything unusual.

Till next time Foxy.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Fantastic Foxy that's the way to do it. I remember when you joined you were getting out in public daytime big time. Working a conference, company conference at that, takes a lot of energy, to do it in heels takes bottle. Well done. Al

Well done Foxy !

Some women even asking you how high are your heels. Wow !

This is very nice. This is a way to show their acceptance of you wearing heels.

On your second day you were wearing your "Panda half inch heeled boots" ?

I guess this is a typo since ½" is not high very high heels indeed...

Perhaps you should remind them of the verse, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone." You never know what secrets or lusts people have who are most vociferous in condemning others.

OTOH, you might get compliments, but if you do show up in your favourite heels please do a video so that we can share the experience. :)

Actually, Thanksgiving is an ideal time. Remind them it's not Condemnation.

Perhaps this should be another thread - Hell on High Heels??

He could also throw in there "Judge not, lest ye be judged". lol

They'd probably make the assumption that he too is gay and he'd get the condemnation speech.. I also don't believe that "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife's shoes" made it to the top ten commandments.. lol

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

An option I am looking into. Haven't found that "" right pair "" yet