"I can walk all day long in..."

kikepa

Why is it some folks feel they need to brag about being able or desiring to walk in higher heels than anyone else as if it were some sort of IQ test? Give it a rest. Heels are heels. Heights are up to the individual.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Well said! I agree! I love my heels, and its the variety of choices I like. Heels add an emotional quotient to shoes that I never experienced with typical mens footwear. As well as the physical attributes of heels (what I can personally wear/manage and terrain where I am going) there is the emotional level (how I know they'll make me feel), and then there is style/fashion (shoes appropriate for outfit), so I choose shoes on a combination of all 3. As an aside: For those who compete on heel height alone - they should try some stiletto kitten heels (under 1inch high) because I believe they can be every bit as tricky! Half of my slips/close calls have been in these styles! Cheers Heel-Lover

Why is it some folks feel they need to brag about being able or desiring to walk in higher heels than anyone else as if it were some sort of IQ test?

Give it a rest. Heels are heels. Heights are up to the individual.

Might it be because we're all different? Some worry that size matters; others are quite happy with what they've got. :irked:

Also, few of us - male or female - can walk well straight away in high heels. There's a sense of achievement when we've mastered one height and are ready to go higher, and if we 'brag' it's because there are like-minded people on this forum with a similar IQ who will appreciate this.

Others are just happy to keep quiet, do what appeals to them, and smile indulgently at the braggers - or secretly envy them, perhaps.

It's a bit like sport. Some people are super-competitive and need to attain to higher and higher levels; others just want to spend a few hours away from the pressures of everyday life and are content with the level they are at.

I think there's room here for both categories, and all in between.

Now, what irritates me is the converse of this when I see people walking around like ducks and quacking loudly to any who will listen that they've had their shoes on for half an hour and their feet are killing them. No one's forcing them to wear heels, so why complain publicly about their own choice of footwear? Why don't they just wear flats (or even correctly fitting shoes) and shut up? It's with such persons that I question the IQ. :smile:

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Might it be because we're all different? Some worry that size matters; others are quite happy with what they've got. :irked:

Also, few of us - male or female - can walk well straight away in high heels. There's a sense of achievement when we've mastered one height and are ready to go higher, and if we 'brag' it's because there are like-minded people on this forum with a similar IQ who will appreciate this.

Others are just happy to keep quiet, do what appeals to them, and smile indulgently at the braggers - or secretly envy them, perhaps.

It's a bit like sport. Some people are super-competitive and need to attain to higher and higher levels; others just want to spend a few hours away from the pressures of everyday life and are content with the level they are at.

I think there's room here for both categories, and all in between.

Now, what irritates me is the converse of this when I see people walking around like ducks and quacking loudly to any who will listen that they've had their shoes on for half an hour and their feet are killing them. No one's forcing them to wear heels, so why complain publicly about their own choice of footwear? Why don't they just wear flats (or even correctly fitting shoes) and shut up? It's with such persons that I question the IQ. :smile:

Very good rersponse. I might add that a comment that one might interpret as a "brag," might just be someone just simply sharing their experience (and for some it's a new experience) of wearing high heels, wearing them in public, and wearing them longer than they might have realized they could wear them.

Just as an example of 'bragging', have a look at the posts by Laurieheels back in 2002 - her high heeled girl's training diary. A lot of us found that very interesting. Nearly 10 years ago! Wow.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton