Slingbacks and foot width?

SleekHeels

Do your slingbacks slip with narrow/regular/wide feet?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do your slingbacks slip with narrow/regular/wide feet?

• Yes, my slingbacks slip and I have narrow feet.
    • Yes, my slingbacks slip and I have regular width feet.
    • Yes, my slingbacks slip and I have wide feet.
    • No, my slingbacks don't slip and I have narrow feet.
    • No, my slingbacks don't slip and I have regular width feet.
    • No, my slingbacks don't slip and I have wide feet.

No problem here with a regualr width foot. I have, just for fun when I know someone is watching, forced my foot deeper inside the shoe so the heel strap falls and my shoe becomes a mule.

Hi Sleekheels, I slip out of most of my slingbacks over time. Usually one foot at a time. I have a narrow foot. Especially so if I wear stockings, but I am usually bare legged if wearing mules or slings. The looseness of the fit is half the fun, and the profile of the shoe is one of the prettiest/most feminine high heel profiles (in my opinion anyway) I find the higher-heeled slings don't slip as much as the lower heeled ones, but thats just me. Cheers Heel-Lover

Hi Sleekheels,

I slip out of most of my slingbacks over time. Usually one foot at a time. I have a narrow foot. Especially so if I wear stockings, but I am usually bare legged if wearing mules or slings.

The looseness of the fit is half the fun, and the profile of the shoe is one of the prettiest/most feminine high heel profiles (in my opinion anyway)

I find the higher-heeled slings don't slip as much as the lower heeled ones, but thats just me.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

I agree with your analysis - a high, pointed, low-cut slingback stiletto court is one of the most elegant and feminine shoes ever! Slingfan's avatar shows what imho is almost the perfect such shoe, with a higher heel optional.

I suspect that higher-heeled slingbacks don't slip so much because the steeper angle of the foot limits its ability to lift so much away from the shoe. Compare with the potential for 'slap' when wearing either flat or high-heeled mules.