Do you know if you have, narrow, normal, or wide feet?

Regen

Do you know if you have narrow, normal, or wide feet?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know if you have narrow, normal, or wide feet?

• I dont know my foot width according to my shoe size. Whatever fits me I buy.
    • I have narrow feet.
    • I have normal feet.
    • I have wide feet.
    • I have extra wide feet. (according to the chart sited below)

I was out shopping for a pair of 5"in. stilletto sandals yesterday at Skyscraper Heels in Chicago and I noticed that my when I put my foot in a women's 13 US, (my correct size) my foot slipped through the front of it. Then the guy who was helping me immediately said "looks like you have narrow feet." At that point I realized that my predictions about me having narrow feet (according to this page on http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/a/womens_width.htm) were correct. He had a number of shoes in size 13 in a 5" inch stilletto but none of them had a narrow fit. So lucky me is stuck with a special 3 week order for narrow 5" stilleto heels and no shoes to take home that day. :irked: He later said that most shoe companies now a days make regular and wide fits as if narrow doesnt exist anymore but clearly it does. He said a women came in the other day to get special order narrow stripper shoes because her feet, like mine, were narrow.

TL,DR: So, it made me wonder, do you know if you have narrow, normal, or wide feet? Vote in the pole and tell your story!

I have a narrow in men's sizing and medium in a women's.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

well my feet are 0.5 inches bigger than extra wide for my foot size so I have very extra wide feet. Couple this with my extremely high arches my feet are not the norm, more reason to cover them in beautiful high heels me thinks. :irked:

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

My foot is a bit wide for my length size in women's shoes. The ideal size for me is a US 9.5 wide. But I usually just buy a 10 medium (which fits me ok) since those are much more common than the former. In men's I wear 8.5 regular.

I typically wear a size 10 Wide for men - size 11 normal in womens sizes. Some 11's are a bit snug - but I get them anyway. I have noticed over the years of buying and wearing womens heels - that they seem to have made an 11 larger than what it used to be. I am happy about that! Bernheels

Regen,

How interesting that you were at SkyscraperHeels on Thursday. I was in Chicago for some training and stopped by to talk to Gary around 3:30 pm while you could still park in front before the rush hour parking restrictions occur at 4 PM. He has a wide range of sizes but could accommodate you. He does a lot of custom orders and could have a shoe made for you which has a size 13 top but a size 12 bottom or vice versa or you should be able to have it made with a narrow fit. I had stopped in just to chat since we also see each other in northern Wisconsin as we both have land up there. I wore my new "BLYTHE" wedges with bootcut jeans into the store then went to see a friend in the far sw burbs before gong home. I encourage everyone to wear your shoes when you visit shoe stores as it is more fun!

http://www.bakersshoes.com/p-214194-BLYTHE.aspx?c=756

HappyinHeels:wave:

post-18145-13352295156_thumb.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble HappyinHeels but I was in there on Wednesday. :irked: I did manage to get an order in scheduled for arrival in a few weeks. They are 5" black patent (maybe 1 inch platform) stillettos with size 11 toe box to fit my narrow size 13 feet. :smile: I'll post pictures later on when I recieve them. :smile:

As a kid I used to need wide-fitting school shoes. With heels I do find there's pressure across the width that squeezes the front of my foot, to the point that a narrow pair of shoes will also feel too small in the length (while the next size up can be too long) . Rather than squeeze into narrow-fitting shoes that I end up never wearing because of the pain I just don't buy them now, no matter how much I like the style. On occasions when I've found pretty wide-fitting heels I've liked they've felt much more comfortable to wear, though I wouldn't choose a frumpy looking style just because it fits well. I never seem to have a problem with slingbacks slipping, I wonder if that's anything to do with having wide rather than narrow feet... I feel a poll coming on... http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/20351-slingbacks_foot_width.html

If you like it, wear it.

I'm a C (narrow) in men's, as well as a narrow in women's. However, since I usually like wearing normal cotton socks with boots, B-width boots suit me fine. I'd love to find 13N sandals, but no dice so far!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I can't really say which I like, hence why I'm going with the first answer, haha. I keep thinking I have narrow feet, since I can fit some 11s that Look narrow but I'm a size 12 in women's. Strange, I know.

Formally "HHDude"