Do you shave, epilate, wax your legs?

Regen

Do you shave, epilate, wax your legs?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you shave, epilate, wax your legs?

• Never have shaved, epilated, or waxed my legs.
    • Sometimes I shave, epilate, or wax my legs.
    • I mainly shave my legs.
    • I mainly epilate my legs.
    • I mainly wax my legs.

Greetings Regen, Interesting poll but worthwhile for us who wear shoes and boots. I have shaved for years, reaction is next to nothing as I have thin blond hair and it was not noticeable by anyone. If asked I state that I ride a road bike which I do, so I enjoy the hair free legs. Once a person experiences the clean and smooth it is hard to go back. Thanks for the poll! Mtnsofheels

Haven't shaved my legs, and not likely too as the significant other likes her guys hairy. Besides that, I have enough battle scars on my legs that it's highly unlikely I will ever get out and about in bare legs or stockings with heels

I mainly always shave my legs, but have waxed them a few times. People's reactions don't bother me, i was once out with friends wearing shorts and one of them shouted to the group "*** shaves his legs!" to which i replied... "no shit" lol he got over it pretty quickly after that and nothing else was said. When i told my dad's fiance about my passion for heels and other clothing, i asked her if she thought anything of it when they all found out i shave my legs and she just said "no not at all, i just thought you liked to groom and keep yourself neat". Seriously guys, shaving your legs is no big deal, if you make an issue of it, other people will too. I work on building site's and ALWAYS wear shorts in summer with my shaven legs, comments are made yes, but take it on the chin and don't make a big deal of it and neither will others :irked: Also, in my personal opinion, i think any guy that wants to wear heels and show abit of leg MUST keep their legs smooth. There is nothing more disgusting than seeing pictures on here of guys wearing their heels and having hairy gorilla legs, it's hideous!

I waxed for the first time the other week. Before that, i had done nothing at all (If I am going to test the waters, I may as well dive straight in), I always wanted to remove it though as I personally never really liked looking hairy in general. I really like the feel and look of them (my legs)...I haven't showed anyone yet however so have no idea what the reaction will be, but I am planning to just shrug it off and and take heelguy's approach ("yeah, i waxed my legs, so what, who cares...") the prickliness of the hair coming back isn't very nice though, but i am guessing (hoping) it has a lot to do with being the first time, having longish hair to start with and generally my skin not being used to the sensation/potentially being too dry.

I shave for the most part, I have not ever had any negative comments from from it either. I tried the waxing thing a time or two, I am just not that into the pain that goes along with it. I currently do not have them shaved because my wife likes the hair when I wear shorts in the summer. I have had them shaved in the summer in previous years though and it really is not a big deal, no one even takes notice and those that do generally say nothing. It has been my experience that when comments are received it is usually from children or someone close to you like family or friends.

I shave my legs all the time and rarely get a comment. I do have a genuine reason as the hair irritates and inflames my skin so I have to shave my chest as well. So many men wax nowadays it really is no big issue.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I used to shave my legs but don't any more, and there isn't an option for that. I shaved for about a year and while I loved the feeling when they'd just been done, I tired of the maintenance and after a while I just couldn't be bothered with it any more. One of my friends noticed once at a barbecue and, with the air of one uncovering great scandal, pointed it out to everyone else. No-one cared, which I think disappointed him rather. My retort about wearing shorts so that no-one would find out got a laugh though. :irked: I do miss it sometimes, and my wife has said that she wouldn't mind if I wanted to start again but I can live without the faff.

I shave my legs even though I wear slacks when I wear high heels. I wear either panty hose or shear hose stockings when I wear high heels. I just like the feel of the panty hose, and especially thigh boots, on my shaves legs.

I epilate regularly. It is really very easy after a while. The first time is a bit painful when the hairs are still thick and long. The machine kind of yanks them out in a wild way. When the hairs become thinner after a while and when they are still short you do not feel very much. I started 8 years ago and after several months the hair growth gets lighter and you do not need to maintain it so often. Nowadays I do it once a week or less and unless you look really close up, after a week you still do not see very much. But the machine still finds what is there. The hairs on your toes keep their black color though and they keep hurting, but those are only few and I do not do them as often as they grow rather slowly. I have had two periods of three months that I was abroad and did not have the machine with me. After those three months the hairs have their original length and you can feel quite well when you start again. An alternative would be to shave once and then when the hairs come up again use the epilator machine when they are still very short. In the beginning you have to be a bit attentive with ingrown hairs. Those you can lift out with a needle. That is completely painless. It is on the same level as removing slivers. After a while I have not seen them. I cannot say I miss those hairs and my wife is also fine with it. As I never wear shorts in public she is the only one who gets to see it. She is fully used to see me in heels and pantyhose and enjoys when I put together something tasteful. It is also a challenge to her to put on something nice when we go out (I fancy in the house, she outside). Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

No, I think my SO would consider it a step too far. I'm lucky to get away with wearing heels around the house, and oddly she tolerates me wearing exposed toe nail polish in public, admittedly not around my home town but when we are away. Not going to push it, yet ...

I often shave my legs and prefer to have no hair on my legs and upper body . I rarely wear shorts so I ve never had any comments from anyone about it. My partner approves of it and likes my body to be hair free.

Thanks for the poll, I think we have had similar threads here in the past, but its always interesting to revisit the topic again... In the summer, when I wear shorts a lot, I use a groomer to keep my leg hair short and also bleach it with Jolen cream. This leaves my legs looking 'relatively' masculine. :smile: The rest of the year, I shave mostly - I find that to be easiest. I have used an epilator and Veet on occasion, but not that often. I recall the first time I shaved my legs several years ago, the very next day I would have thick prickly hair stumps coming out the next day. Now after a some years abusing my leg hair with all of the above, it now takes several days for hair to show and it looks a lot finer than it used to. :irked:

I shaved for a while but have been epilating for over 10 years. I love the smoother feel and no stubble for 1-2 weeks after. When the new growth comes in, it's much finer and much easier for the epilator to pluck. No pain at all after that first time. I wear shorts a lot with bare legs, with opaque tights, with sheer pantyhose, and with stockings (not all at the same time though!) and people almost never notice. Most are polite and never say anything, even if they do notice.

For a lot more discussion on this topic, visit

http://forums.delphiforums.com/legwearuf

Legwear as Unisex Fashion is a forum much like this one, but geared toward guys wearing tights and pantyhose, rather than heels. Many of the same topics are covered and many of the same trepiditions, fears, personal demons, and conquests are discovered and shared. If you have any interest in legwear, or think you might, it's a good resource.

In the interest of full disclosure, even though I am in the legwear business, I have no monetary interest at all in the legwear forum. I am just a poster boy (hah!) - a frequent contributor with many posts on a lot of topics. Our company website has a lot to say on leg shaving, too. PM me if you need the link. I don't want this post to seem like spam.

Steve

I actually thought about making this same thread a few days ago. I shave my legs to remove unsightly body hair. Even growing up I hoped that I never really had hairy legs because I just don't like it, and it looks even worse when you're trying to wear 5-6" Platform Stilettos with somewhat thick black leg hair poking out. So yeah I shave my legs once every 2-3 days. It's mundane but I hate leg hair. Nobody ever notices either. During my entire Senior Year of High School, only one guy noticed and commented, and he was coincidentally pondering his own leg hair (which was massively thick, arab and all) when he looked down and noticed my shaved legs. It was no big deal though.

I shave my legs most of the time and like the smooth feeling a lot. I wear shorts regularly in summer and some folks have noticed. One women who works for me in particular seemed to make a big deal about it to one of my colleagues, but nobody has ever really mentioned it to me. I don't understand why this is a big deal. In Asia, few guys have serious body hair, and it doesn't looks strange at all.

I've tried shaving a few times, but when it starts to grow back I end up with lots of red welts where my pants snag the hairs. Worse, sometimes they get ingrown and I've had some nasty results. Now I have an epilator, and like Steve says, it does seem to be coming in finer once you've done it a few times.

I have shaved for years. I have worked a few places as a life guard and of course my legs where shaved. I have had more than a few of the female guards ask for tips on how I keep them so smooth. There are a few people at my job that know I wear heels and a few have seen me in shorts. No one say's a word for the most part except for the occasinal ribbing. I had one women say "Damn your legs a smoother than mine!" To which i just said "You may be right!" and laughed. I go places a lot wearing shorts and no one has ever said a word or laughed. If someone asks me about it I tell them the truth! I don't like hairy legs never have and never will! That ends the discussion for the most part right there. I figure it's my body I will do with it what I want!

well, I think that "epilate' means to use stuff like NAIR, so yes, I've used it on occasion, on my body, legs included!:irked:

Actually epilating is ripping the hair with it's root. Chemical hair removers are indeed another option.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

well, I think that "epilate' means to use stuff like NAIR, so yes, I've used it on occasion, on my body, legs included!:irked:

epilator = a machine with spinning wheels that essentially plucks out hair... quickly :smile:

depilatory = chemical products such as Veet, Nair, etc.

I have kept my legs and chest smooth for about 11 years now and absolutely love the feel of stretchy jeans and/or pantyhose over freshly-shaved (and moisturized) legs. Then it's on to the toes and feet!! My follow-up question to you all is do you moisturize with lotion or oil after shaving?? HappyinHeels:wave:

well, I didnt really know what the proper term was, but yes- I do only use NAIR, got a new gel formula that really seems to work better on my skin (the old lotion type was kind of harsh from the way it felt as it worked its "magic" on my skin.:irked:)

I'm sorry to say that I'm one of those that doesn't shave their legs at all. It also doesn't help that my legs are as hairy as a Rough Collie! I would like to shave or wax but that would ring alarm bells with the missus and I couldn't risk that, so for now at least, I'll have to stick to tights over hairy legs to try and mask what little bit of hair might be seen from the bottom of my pants. Chris.

I would love to shave, but the missus likes her men hairy. So when I wear high heels, which is around the house, I wear thicker tights so the hair doesn't look to bad.

I have been shaving my legs for about 10 years now. I love it and so does my wife. If anyone asks- I tell them that my skin gets irritated when I use our hot tub and haveto use a special cream - easier without hair. Other than that no issues. I do love the feel of freshly shaved legs with a nice cream applied after. I will never go back the other way. Thanks, Bernheels