New boots

bootcrazy

You're not far wrong there Ionic. The first 5 1/2" heels i bought from Leatherworks gave me a buzz and I wore my shoes & boots everywhere. But as my collection grew, I wanted to 'protect' my footwear and so now the vast majority I don't wear out of the house as I don't want to damage them :( So, in a way the wardrobe has become a 'worship closet' :( Becks

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

To be honest Jay I have a number of pairs of shoes / boots that are my favourites. I have a pair of stripped, multi coloured Jimmy Choo's that I like to wear on girlie nights out. I have a lovely pair of black Manolo sandals with diamante detail - for those special occasions and I adore my 5 1/2" Gabrielle boots from Leatherworks. Becks

Hi Daz, I'm a UK size 5 and I ordered just that, but when I tried them on they were too small so I had a UK size 6 instead. If I were you I'd order one size up, so that would be a UK size 10. If there's any problem they'll make you a different size without any hesitation. I have to be honest Daz, the 'Gabrielle' boots in a 5 1/2" heel are gorgeous and the quality is superb. Hope that helps.........happy shopping :( Becks.

The Gabrielle, Valentine and related styles all seem to come in half sizes so they must the most popular. With half sizes you should be able to get a really good fit on these. Does anyone else find the Leatherworks web site corrupts the screen and the drop down selections boxes stop working or never even appear.... /I

/I

Daz, next time you are in London why not visit Leatherworks? Their place in in Southgate Road and is about 10 minutes walk from Highbury and Islington tube station. Additionally The Little Shoe Box is about three minutes walk in the other direction. Worth a trip.

Leatherworks shop has a large variety of stock. I have always found them extremely welcoming to visitors and, provided that the phone is not red hot, are prepared to spend the time with you to make sure that you get exactly what you want.

Daz, next time you are in London why not visit Leatherworks? Their place in in Southgate Road and is about 10 minutes walk from Highbury and Islington tube station. Additionally The Little Shoe Box is about three minutes walk in the other direction. Worth a trip.

Went there myself last week while I was down in London on a course. I got off the Tube at Old Street and I wouldn't recommend the walk from there if you are someone of a nervous disposition (like me) as you have to pass some (how can I put this) "seen better times" housing estates. I didn't realise TLSB was close by as well - bugger.

The chap in Leatherworks was very helpful (got there half-hour before closing) but I was too chicken to ask if I could try anything on (I'm a UK 7 so I might have been lucky with the items on display). Very nice display of shoes, though, sadly, well outside my current price range :-(

I completely panicked on the way back to Old Street and hailed a cab to Kings X. Is the walk any better from H&I? Cabs in London are bloody expensive!

Zathrus

I completely panicked on the way back to Old Street and hailed a cab to Kings X. Is the walk any better from H&I? Cabs in London are bloody expensive! ~ Zathrus

Ah, that sounds like the Marquis Estate, it is indeed a bit rum though that is the wrong side of Essex Rd. They've even taking to ambushing cyclists during the going home rush hour for the mobile phones in their paniers. They do it in pairs on high speed mopeds too. This the last couple of years latest new crime...

Actually this is right adjacent to Canonbury with some of the most expensive houses in London and certainly in Islington.

I don't know which way up & down Southgate Road numbers, but I think Old Street is very slightly closer than Highbury & Islington. If you thread through Canonbury with a map then it is a pleasant enough walk through the late Georgian terraces, but the main road is a bit grim.

/I

/I

The London Fetish Map (Issue 2, for 2003 Autumn, was out last month, noting that Issue 1 was 2002 Autumn) recommends getting the tube to Angel (Islington) as the closest.

Looking at the map, Old Street is very slightly closer, but not mentioned probably because of the reputation of that area.

The Highbury and Islington tube is only slightly further, and I use that one as it is convenient for both Leatherworks and TLSB as well as several other retailers in Holloway Road: Zeitgeist, Murray & Vern, Showgirls, House of Harlot, Ectomorph, Inner Sanctum, many of which actually share one shop unit I hasten to add.

However, looking at the map again, Old Street is close to Velda Lauder (corsets, by appointment only), Sh! (women only), Expectations, Babes and Torture Garden Clothing.