ALERT .... Western Ranch seem to have gone .... ALERT

They are not answering emails, their phone has changed to something which is 'number unobtainable'. Oh, BTW the sods owe me a pair of custom boots. Thankfully I paid by credit card, so I might have a chance of getting my money back. Xa

Paying by credit card was wise. At lease, as you say, you have a good chance of getting the transaction cancelled due to their failure to deliver. One other thing you might try if you aren't sure of the company's current status is to go on line to the Better Business website for their locality and question that organization to ascertain if they really are no longer operating or have relocated to a new business address.....which, I'm sure the BB would be happy to provide. Its a "BUMMER" when this sort of thing happens. Not only are you angry at being defrauded, but the disappointment at not getting your new boots that you've been looking forward to for so long is maddening as well. Good Luck in your quest for "Justice"

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Nuts...easy come, easy go... Should halved got me a pair long time ago. :(

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Their catalogue seems to be down. The main webpage is still there though. It seems amazing that they can go bust without posting an explanation message on the website. It might be the end for the current management, but any residual value or goodwill the name has, will be lost if they shut down like that.

Don't leave it too long to contact your CC company.I had a similar problem with a company called ShockingStockings.com who failed to deliver a pair of H/H platforms that I had ordered. After weeks of trying to get an answer from them I contacted my CC company Lloyds TSB for a refund who promply told me that there was nothing they could do as I had left it too long, I think the time limit was 3 months. The moral of this story is, if you don't get prompt deliver of your order contact your CC company for a refund. I now only deal with HayWay Shoes who are a shoe company par excelence.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

• 2 months later...

Sway contacted me by PM to tell me of this.

I bet the new incarnation of Western Ranch will not honour my old order.

Based on Western Ranch's track record, the question now arises how long it will be before this new lot default.

Xa

PS

It seems that the 5" heeled side zip boots are a departure from the old Western Ranch pull-ons. If I remember rightly, WR did not offer side zip boots on their website, so I might suppose that this lot are completely different.

The only problem with this is that I asked WR boots to make me a few pairs of side zip variants which, surprise surprise, look just like the one in Bootmaster's pic. http://www.bootmaster.com/69069highheel.html

STOP PRESS! - There might be other hope for Xaphod yet! Under "For The Guys" sub-thread "Heels4Men", the following postings have currently been made: _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ ___ __ _ ___ __ _ ____ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ Himark wrote: Re the reference to Western Ranch Boots, I was in the Toronto area about a week ago, and I thought I'd swing by their location on Westney Road to see if they were really gone. I know where it is because I've been there before. All traces of their business have been removed. The place where they had their storefront showroom and manufacturing plant is vacant, and there is a "For Lease" sign in the window. I gather from another forum that they have experienced a few challenges and have stopped taking orders but are working to fulfill existing ones. They have also moved. I will do more research and keep you all posted. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ __ _ _ __ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ To which Dr. Shoe replied: One of the guys on the other site "men in boots" has just received his boots. Apparently they (Western Ranch) can now be contacted on 416-321-5744. I don't know whether this is a Canadian or US phone number. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Xaphod - why not follow-up this telephone lead and let us all know whether you succeed in getting satisfaction. Maybe Dr. Shoe's info. is the real wherabouts of Western Ranch, and maybe Bootmaster is only a retail supplier stocking W.R.'s boots or a lookalike copy(?). Hope this is of some help! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Apparently they (Western Ranch) can now be contacted on 416-321-5744. I don't know whether this is a Canadian or US phone number.

Toronto is assigned the 416 area code. However, that number is currently registered to a private individual in Toronto.

If you click on Western Ranch's domain name of http://www.westernranchboots.com/, you will be taken to a page indicating that This domain was recently registered on behalf of someone who used pool.com's free domain backorder services. What this means is that the previous owner of that domain name allowed it to expire thereby allowing someone else to register that name.

Click on http://www.wadeweb.com/whois.html and type in westernranchboots.com right below DOMAIN NAME. Then click on CHECK YOUR DOMAIN to learn that the current registered owner took ownership of that domain name in November, 2003.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 1 month later...

I'm gobsmacked the good news is that they arrived

Bad news .... the fit is absolutely awful, the foot is about 2 sizes too big and the top of hte shaft is too tight to zip them up.

By the evidence of this pair, whoever took over Western Ranch is no damn good at making the 5" heels.

Xa .... still pissed with this crew !

Now, at least, you might have an address where (and who) they are for follow up discussions -- which I assume will be forthcoming (?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Sorry, no delivery note was included in the package. The only info I have is the return address .... P. Mitsakis #28-110 Ironside CR Scarborough Ontario M1X 1X2 Canada If this makes any sense to any of you guys on the western edge of the pond, then elucidation would be welcome. Xa

I'm sure there are members from the Ontario area that can research the name and address in their local telephone book and furnish you with a number to call. Perhaps one of them would be so kind as to do this for you? :D

here is a mapped location of the address. Map

Just outside of Toronto. Toronto

I live in Ottawa, Ontario, a four and one-half hour drive from Toronto, but we visit relatives in the Toronto area every few months. I may be able to take a swing by that address the next time we're in the area. The address appears to be residential, but I know there are commercial buildings in that area as well.

Thanks, Himark, There's not much I can do now the delivery is complete, but it would be interesting to know what sort of outfit we are dealing with. It could be that Bootmaster are subcontracting out 5" heel work to one of the guys who worked at Western Ranch. I know that Little Shoe Box in London do that. Xa

Hello Xaphod! The following is a copy of Terry's posting on Firefox's Aesthetic Forum: "Western Ranch type boots Posted by Terry on February 12, 2004, 21:46:34 I was walking by a store that sells cowboy boots and saw in their window a pair of zip-up ankle boots with a five inch cowboy boot heel similiar to the western ranch boots that I see some people have been looking for, so I thought I would post this. I went in to get the price (and try a pair on) and they are $370 US. Here is their website (click on boots, then custom designed). www.bootmaster.com" Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

.... Under "For The Guys" sub-thread "Heels4Men", the following postings have currently been made:

To which Dr. Shoe replied:

One of the guys on the other site "men in boots" has just received his boots.

Apparently they (Western Ranch) can now be contacted on 416-321-5744. I don't know whether this is a Canadian or US phone number.

The only info I have is the return address ....

P. Mitsakis

#28-110 Ironside CR

Scarborough

Ontario

M1X 1X2

Canada

... I'm sure there are members from the Ontario area that can research the name and address in their local telephone book and furnish you with a number to call. Perhaps one of them would be so kind as to do this for you?

I did a reverse telephone search on the internet for that telephone number that Heelfan re-posted above from an earlier Dr. Shoe post, and it's registered to that Peter Mitsakis at the address that xaphod has for a return address.

I expect to be in that area soon. I will check out that address and post an update here.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, no delivery note was included in the package.

P. Mitsakis

#28-110 Ironside CR

Scarborough

Ontario

M1X 1X2

Canada

If this makes any sense to any of you guys on the western edge of the pond, then elucidation would be welcome.

Xa

Today I drove out to this address in Scarborough and this is what I found.

The street Ironside Cr is full of large buildings that house multiple businesses. The building at 110 Ironside Cr is composed of about 30 small offices, each available for renting or leasing. The outdoor directory sign indicated that a printing business was located at #28. But when I drove to #28, there was no business present.

The door was locked. There were no stenciling or other signs other than the #28 above the locked front door. This door was all glass and covered up completely with brown paper from the inside. The windows had vertical blinds that were closed. A few of the blinds were tilted and I could see inside. The interior was in a state of disarray as if the business had moved and left a mess.

Thanks, PJ,

It seems that WR are well and truly defunct...

Has anyone thought of calling this guy on the telephone?

I telephoned 416-321-5744 during business hours and got a recording. A female voice identified the source as Western Ranch. Yet I could not find a listing for them in the 2003/2004 and 2005 Toronto telephone books.

Sorry, no delivery note was included in the package.

P. Mitsakis

#28-110 Ironside CR

Scarborough

Ontario

M1X 1X2

Canada ...

Today I drove out to this address in Scarborough and this is what I found.

The street Ironside Cr is full of large buildings that house multiple businesses. The building at 110 Ironside Cr is composed of about 30 small offices, each available for renting or leasing. The outdoor directory sign indicated that a printing business was located at #28. But when I drove to #28, there was no business present.

The door was locked. There were no stenciling or other signs other than the #28 above the locked front door. This door was all glass and covered up completely with brown paper from the inside. The windows had vertical blinds that were closed. A few of the blinds were tilted and I could see inside. The interior was in a state of disarray as if the business had moved and left a mess.

I telephoned 416-321-5744 during business hours and got a recording. A female voice identified the source as Western Ranch. Yet I could not find a listing for them in the 2003/2004 and 2005 Toronto telephone books.

After making that telephone call, I decided to make another visit to that address. This time, as I approached #28 - 110 Ironside CR, I noticed that although the front door was still completely papered up and the blinds were closed, there were lights on inside. I walked up to the brown papered door and discovered it was unlocked. I opened the door and entered what looked like to be a one room workshop and storage room. A lone elderly gentleman was busy working on a pair of boots at the machinery and did not notice me enter. As I approached him, I asked him if this was Western Boots (my mistake - I should have asked for Western Ranch). He nodded yes. And although I could see about 10 pairs of boots around the store, I asked him if he makes custom boots here. He stated "Yes". I asked him for a sales pamphlet, brochure or business card. He said he had none. But he did show me his only copy of a pamphlet with all of the styles of boots he makes. He said he still takes custom orders for boots. He also informed me that each pair he creates only takes a few weeks to make. I told him I was investigating his business for some friends of mine. I thanked him for the information and left.

Well there it is. No outside advertising whatsoever. Maybe he wants to keep his overhead costs minimal. Even the front directory still lists Frank Printing Ltd. at #28.

I do apologize for my earlier posting giving the impression that Western Ranch no longer resided at that address. I was wrong.

• 7 months later...

Hi fellow boot lovers, I ordered and recieved a pair of custom made boots from WR Boots about 2 and a half years ago. Then as you all found out, they diappeared. I recently found this weebsite, and decided to e-mail them. westernranchboots.net Turns out Nick, who I ordered thru last time returned my e-mail. He told me that the company had split up, and the original founder, and one of the master boot makers had restarted the company. He was asked to re-open a web page. I am tempted to order another pair, as I LOVE my WR boots. But I'm also well aware of the 2 year disapearance. My daily wear boots are a fairly standard looking black cowboy boot with a 3 1/2" heel. I am thinking of having a pair of lacers/ropers made in black for work with a 3" heel and the vibram lugged sole (like logger boots). Has anyone else had similar style boots made? Thanks, tightlevisandhhboots

• 1 month later...

tightlevisandhhboots, Thought I'd let you know I ordered a pair of custom made boots from Western Ranch at the end of last month (November). They arrived December 27th and they fit great. The boots I had made have a 3" heel and are about 18" tall. I was dealing with Nick whom sent all my measurments to Peter. Peter is the one you speak with if you phone them. My wifes neice also ordered a custom pair along with myself and hers were delivered the same day. She loves them. I talked to Nick by E mail quite a bit and between he and Peter are getting Western Ranch back up and running. When I get my new camera running at the end of this week I'll send a picture or 2... Jim