Confidence in heels

Eggnog

Has anyone else experienced the boosted confidence that I experience each time I wear heels? Usually I have very low self esteem, but when I wear heels I feel more confident and stand straighter and just feel better about myself. Without heels or in low heels I have a bit more trouble with talking to people I don't know and I am self conscious. I don't understand it. Why the boost in self confidence I wonder? Just thinking aloud here.

That's part of the magic of high heels. I have experienced exactly that extreme boost of confidence. If only more reluctant guys here would step out and experience it. High heels make me feel powerful. The boost in confidence is that extreme.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

When a certain baroness at some in history had a pair of high heels designed especially for her, it was because she wanted to look taller, and thereby more powerful. I guess you must be feeling some similar thing. Albeit unconsciously. But I'm just guessing. Personally, whenever I wear heels, I'm not sure what it is that I feel. At best, it just feels different from the usual flat men's shoes, and somehow even exhilarating.

In all honesty, I thought it was a male thing, breaking social taboos and all.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

As I am in 4"+ heels or their equivalents a lot, there are noticeable differences when I'm not. Obviously, everything is some inches higher perspectively, which makes me even feel shorter. Heeling is the same as being pedestaled upon lovely mountings which means feeling like a celebrity or VIP.

I feel taller, of course, and that in it self makes me feel more confident. As I have said in several posts, wearing high heels makes me feel very special and I always hope the world is looking at me when I wear high heels, thus making my outings in high heels more unique and fun.

Since I was a teen, I have enjoyed wearing womens shoes, and have been wearing heels since 1996. Not sure what it is, but I really like wearing womens shoes, both flats and heels. The look, the feel (both physically and emotionally) of wearing heels is wonderful but hard to describe in words. I feel very confident in heels. Several times I have received compliments on my shoes and that has made me even more confident in my choice to wear heels!!! Get out there in heels, it's fun!!! sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

For me, I think a big part of it is the taboo nature of doing something society doesn't accept (similar to what Shafted said). It took a lot of effort at first for me to get out there when I started doing this a few years back, and now I am pretty sure this has made me a more confident person overall. I figure if I can wear heels in public, then doing simple presentations in front of peers or leading a team project should seem fairly minimal in comparison, and it has.

High heels distort the foot so it could be argued they're a mask (like a woman who can't go out of the house without her make-up on)... but actually we're not hiding in our heels, we're expressing ourselves and it's that liberating feeling that I think helps to boost confidence whether we're guys or girls.

If you like it, wear it.

I'd entirely agree. I don't know about boosting the confidence factor as such, but gorgeous shoes on good legs create a kind of magic aura around the wearer; some of us guys become quite spellbound...

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything." Nietzsche.

Eggnog dear,

they boost your confidence because you know you look gorgeous.

Doesn't get any simpler than that does it?

Thank you AmandaSnake. And thank you everyone for the replies so far. I have discovered that I am buying a size or two too small when I buy heels. I have been buying (US size) 9 wide shoes. I am actually an 8 1/2 double wide. so i don't even know if i can get heels in my size now. :irked: Very upsetting. If I am wearing anything nice enough for dress shoes I want a heel. Heck, even if it's not fancy I want a heeled shoe. Because of the boosted confidence. I guess realizing that I don't have a pair that fits right now made me think about how good I feel emotionally when I wear heels.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd entirely agree. I don't know about boosting the confidence factor as such, but gorgeous shoes on good legs create a kind of magic aura around the wearer; some of us guys become quite spellbound...

That's exactly I feel :irked:

Elegance is my second name

I think Amanda Snake made a great and simple point about the confidence being raised because you know you look gorgeous. I think it can also be said that any person, woman OR man, that wears high heels in public places is very sure of themself and is forcing the rest of the world to accept them ON the WEARER's terms and not the other way around. The high heel wearer is saying;" Here I am in all my personal glory ready to interact with the rest of the world whether they're ready or not." I like to think of it as "putting liberty into practice". The heart of a patriot beats in all such individuals because they are simply unafraid. Confidence surrounds those that are unafraid an respect for them soon follows. Happy IN Heels:wavey::irked:

So, what would that say about me? I, like Eggnog, experience a major confidence boost when in heels. But unless I'm able to clean myself off (i.e. shaven face, clean body), I feel wrong for wearing heels, to the point that I don't want to at the time. With me, particularly... could there be an issue with self-esteem or along the lines?

Formally "HHDude"

HHDude, and all others get cumfy and settle in; I think you're still figuring it all out. You are still programmed to equate heels with girls instead of just looking at them as footwear which can be worn with a myriad of other things. Shaving and "primping" seem natural for wearing heels as that's what you've programmed yourself to think. I keep my legs smooth all the time even though jeans and trousers would render it a moot point. I shave because I like it that way. This doesn't diminish my view of someone who doesn't shave to wear heels. There are men here who wear their heels and also have hair on their arms and facial hair as well and they are undeterred. Many of us here are sports fans and here are three examples of how confidence, forged with the hand of a masterful coach, made champions of perceived underdogs; 2006-The Pittsburgh Steelers entered the playoffs as the lowest seeded team and win all three road playoff games to advance to Super Bowl 40. The look on Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren's face was priceless as he walked onto the field and saw a sea of twirling yellow "terrible towels" as if all of western Pennsylvania has moved to Detroit. The Steelers lifted their sixth Lombardi trophy after the game. 2011-The Green Bay Packers followed the template the Steelers had made, also as the lowest-seeded team but needed to treat their final two regular season games like playoff games just to get into the postseason. The Packers were the last team to make the playoffs and didn't even win their division but won all three road playoff games to advance to Super Bowl 45 in Dallas. The irony is they faced the team that had shown them road playoff success was possible in the Steelers. Green Bay won that game on the guiding hand of their coach, a native of Pittsburgh, and brought the Lombardi trophy home. 1980-The greatest show of teamwork and confidence against seemingly insurmountable odds took place as a group of once rag-tag American college kids took on the finely-tuned hockey machine from the Soviet Union on a patch of Olympic ice at Lake Placid,NY and the greatest upset of all time took place. What lifted these young men to believe they could do it?? Confidence by way of superior physical conditioning and a superhuman mental attitude as sharp as it gets. Coach Brooks once asked these players their names, where they hailed from, and who they played for. They stated their names, their hometowns, and the schools they played for. Two hours later and dripping with sweat, on an ice rink, one player stated his name, his hometown and then the coach asked him, "Who do you play for son? The answer was "I play for the United States of America." Coach Brooks then dismissed the squad from practice and bid them a good night. He instilled in them the notion the name on the shirt's front, their country, was more important than the name of the individual on the back. This set the template for their confidence which put them into the history books. This site contains words from all corners of the globe which can help others believe in themselves and that's what YOU have to do. We are, in essence, your coach to help build that confidence so you can stake your place in the world. Supreme self-confidence is the "mental blood" the mind needs to tackle life's challenges. Take care my friend, HappyinHeels:wavey:

So, what would that say about me? I, like Eggnog, experience a major confidence boost when in heels. But unless I'm able to clean myself off (i.e. shaven face, clean body), I feel wrong for wearing heels, to the point that I don't want to at the time.

With me, particularly... could there be an issue with self-esteem or along the lines?

HHDude,

I do understand what you are saying. Before I go out in public wearing high heels, I make sure I am neatly groomed, wearing dressy (suit or slacks and sport coat) clothes, and make sure my outfit is neatly coordinated with the high heels that I'm wearing. I wouldn't want to spend a day in public ungroomed, sloppy clothes or appearence while wearing high heels.

• 2 weeks later...

So, what would that say about me? I, like Eggnog, experience a major confidence boost when in heels. But unless I'm able to clean myself off (i.e. shaven face, clean body), I feel wrong for wearing heels, to the point that I don't want to at the time.

With me, particularly... could there be an issue with self-esteem or along the lines?

I was the same at first, always being clean-shaven and wearing long sleeves/trousers to hide my body hair... but a couple of weeks ago I was browsing in a department store and couldn't resist trying on a pair of high-heeled ankle boots, only to realise afterwards I was wearing a t-shirt and hadn't shaved for a couple of days. It didn't feel as "wrong" as I thought it would, and in a way it gave me a different kind of confidence, though I still feel a lot better with a cleaner overall look.

A few days later I went to a different store and it was no big deal to try on (and buy) a pair of high-heeled shoe boots even though I was wearing my gym gear (shorts and t-shirt). Not nearly as much fun and confidence-boosting as wearing them with a more coordinated outfit, but it felt like progress that I was only bothered by the mismatching outfit and not at all by the fact that I was more obviously a guy trying the shoes on in the store.

If you like it, wear it.