Patent PVC repair

Hi, My girlfriend had a bit of a tumble a couple of days ago wearing her pleaser delight 609 shoes, and the ankle strap on one side has pulled clean out of the shoe. Now before I go and melt the strap away using the wrong stuff, what glue should I use to glue the strap back in place? It's an easy repair job, but my life wouldn't be worth living if I get it wrong :irked: Cheers! SHG

Since different plastic materials react in weird ways with different glues, maybe the safe way would be to ask a cobbler to fix the shoe. If it's not possible, you can try to test the glue on a hidden part of the material before attempting the real repair thing. Toto

I highly recommend getting this profesionally repaired. It looks like the strap will have to be stitched back in. It's supposed to be captured by the perimeter stitching between the insole and outsole. If you want to try it yourself with just glue, you want to use Barge cement. Barge is the shoemaker's contact cement. Lot's of cheap shoes fall apart because a cheaper contact cement was used. Follow the instructions on the label exactly.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks for the replies guys :irked: The shoe's straps were never stitched in in the first place, there are no stitching holes in the strap, just adhesive marks. I have ordered some bostik leather adhesive which looks as though it covers all the bases. Will see how it goes.

Just had a second look at them, and the strap looks as though it was one piece going straight under the insole. Will take them down to the cobblers tomorrow if I get the chance, probably best to get it done professionally as I dont think glue on its own would be quite up to the job. Quite annoying though as they were a relatively new pair of heels :irked: