Another closet heel wearer saying hello to this fantastic forum :)

Hi guys, Where to start with my story . . . About 2 years ago, my girlfriend invited me to go with her to her prom, and I couldnt help but notice the gorgeous pair of dune 4.5/5" spike heels she was wearing at the time (these, minus the detail on the toe, just the black strap across them). Unfortunately, she is a womens size 4 UK and I am a mens size 11 UK, so stealing them to try wasn't an option :( So, I kept looking and looking longingly at various shoes online, and developed a hatred for my feets large size. Almost none of the shoes I liked went beyond a size 8/9. Then I was browsing youtube and came across the pleaser range of platform heels and fell in love straight away. So I finally got the courage to click the buy button a couple of weeks ago on a pair of pleaser xtreme 809 heels. Turned up a day later :smile: it was like christmas had come early :smile: I was very surprised to find I could walk very easily in them without keeping my knees bent :irked: Anyway, I absolutely love wearing them, but I only do so when Im on my own and no one else is about. I am quite frankly scared sh****** about what other people would think if I was to come out the closet as a heel wearer (hence the alias :cry1:, especially my girlfriend. This is one of the reasons I signed up here, there is no prejudice and narrow mindedness to people expressing themselves how they want to, and it is a breath of fresh air. Other than my heel fetish, I am an average, straight, hairy heavily built chap standing at around 6'2 (without the heels). I have various interests including sailing, kite surfing, mountain biking, anything radio controlled (especially helicopters and jets) and now wearing heels. A right mix and match :smile: hehe :smile: I have done enough of an introduction now and have probably bored most of you to tears with me rambling on :smile: I look forward to getting to know more of you people! Cheers!

Welcome ShyHeelGuy! You are not alone. Talk with you girlfriend about it. She may be more receptive than you realize. Trust me you are not rambling to this group of high heel lovers and wearers.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Welcome ShyHeelGuy! You are not alone. Talk with you girlfriend about it. She may be more receptive than you realize. Trust me you are not rambling to this group of high heel lovers and wearers.

Thank you! I know I will talk to her one day about it, its just plucking up the courage to do so. I do admire those of you who go out in them everyday in public, wish I had the guts to do that.

And its typical, I go on about a pair of heels, then don't include the link!

This was the link to the very similar dune heels:

http://images.asos.com/inv/v/5/215/778009/black/image1xl.jpg

Hello and welcome, your situation is quite similar to mine, no one knows, and I would love to be more open and go out more wearing heels, but I only go out late at night so far, look froward to hearing more from you soon.

Hey! ShyHeelGuy, Many of us knew at quite a young age, that we like wearing the footwear society deemed for girls/women. Was seeing the heels of your girlfriend a momentary revelation or have you been a heel lover before this? By the way, be gentle and strategic when you approach anyone about your wanting to wear heels. Get an idea of their opinions and attitudes first and then, only if you want too, casually ask them if they wanted you to make their choices on what they should wear. Most would say no. Then ask them why are they deciding what others should wear? I'm happy that you found the Pleaser brand helpful in satisfying your desire to wear heels. There are other options that you would probably like even better, but usually they are more expensive and you'd have a waiting period to have them made. I will look forward to seeing more of your postings in the forum.

I think seeing them on my girlfriend was the point of realisation, but I guess I have always had a bit of a thing for heels anyway (but buried somewhere at the back of my mind). All my pin-ups wore some form of heel (the higher, the better), paid more attention to girls wearing heels than those wearing flats. Ive not even gone as far as going out at night, still havent had the guts to go out :smile: although hopefully one day . . . :smile: My girlfriend is a very very understanding soul, so I'm sure she'll accept it (eventually :irked: ). I do plan on introducing the subject very gently over time, then its not a bombshell hit. Im not very clued up on whats good, whats not etc regarding brands, but I had heard good things about pleaser and they seem to be one of the only companies that make the 8 inch platform heels (shoes and boots) I like in my size :smile: Would love a wider variety though in the larger sizes. Are there any other brands you guys would recommend in particular?

How much have you been on ebay for your searches? Also there is a section here in the forum that could help you get some more choice. It's the Shoe wholesale / retail / internet stores thread toward the bottom of the Home page.

I think seeing them on my girlfriend was the point of realisation, but I guess I have always had a bit of a thing for heels anyway (but buried somewhere at the back of my mind). All my pin-ups wore some form of heel (the higher, the better), paid more attention to girls wearing heels than those wearing flats.

Ive not even gone as far as going out at night, still havent had the guts to go out :smile: although hopefully one day . . . :smile:

My girlfriend is a very very understanding soul, so I'm sure she'll accept it (eventually :irked: ). I do plan on introducing the subject very gently over time, then its not a bombshell hit.

Im not very clued up on whats good, whats not etc regarding brands, but I had heard good things about pleaser and they seem to be one of the only companies that make the 8 inch platform heels (shoes and boots) I like in my size :smile: Would love a wider variety though in the larger sizes. Are there any other brands you guys would recommend in particular?

As you read more about our adventures out and about in heels I think you'll come to realize that your inhibitions are driven mostly in you own mind. 99% of the time public heeling is a non-event. Compliments and positive reactions will outnumber negative reactions by a huge margin. The people that look at you funny are usually loading new drivers followed by a reboot. The important thing to remember is to look confident and walk well in your heels. The best way to boost confidence that has worked for me is to don't be afraid to interact with people while wearing heels. Some people will ask you about your wearing of heels, just be honest with them.

Now about that girlfriend of yours, the sooner you tell her the better. If she's a heel wearer herself, she'll probably let you know when and if your good enough to be seen in public in heels. If you want to wear heels in public, fashion sense is going to become mandatory. Something tells me your girlfriend will be of great assistance in that department. My observations of others dealing with similar situations here is not to let it become an obsession. Even if preliminary approval is given tread lightly.

Now here are couple of other brands which carry larger sizes that I have experience with.

Ellie

The Highest Heel Collection

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Oh yes I remember the nervousness of wanting to tell my then girlfriend of 10 days. She to is very open minded and when I told her she said "ok I don't mind" she told me to bring them around the next day and the rest is history. As regards going out in public it really is a non event as others have said if you were them under jeans. I was out shopping in Birmingham in my four inch heels yesterday for four hours and not one comment. Intact I did get a female assistant come and ask if I needed any help as I was wandering around the store but this was due to me being a lone male looking around womens shop rather than me having heels on. I said I was ok to them and they just smiled and got on with their work. I did say to one I am just browsing for some killer heels and lifted my jeans up to show her, she then spent the next ten minutes helping me look for them, I bought two pairs of five inch size 8 stilettos from New Look and no issues, sales assistant was very nice and chatty. By the way if you have a "priceless" shoe shop near you they sell size 11 for very reasonable prices.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Also, if your girlfriend approves, I imagine you will have no problems out in public. I can't see too many people saying anything to a 6'6" well built man as this will be the height you will be in heels. I can tell you the first time you go public arm in arm with your lady is a very special experience and I hope you experience it one day.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I think Im going to be spending a long time on this forum over the next few years :irked: the positive attitudes on here are simply awesome :smile: I have a pair of 6" knee high platform boots on their way to me now from ebay, they were at a price I could not resist :smile: hehe Generally speaking though, ebay doesnt tend to have much (for what I want) in the larger sizes. Ellie shoes looks like they could be a goer though! I may try going out in the boots when they get here, but fairly late at night just to try and get myself used to the idea of going out in heels. My girlfriend isnt really a big heeler really, her sense of balance is dreadful :smile: but it would be awesome going out with her with us both wearing heels. Cant see it happening any time soon though :smile: One baby step at a time!

Well, I think Ive found my style! Knee boots over a decent pair of jeans . . classic, never really goes out of fashion and feels good too. Just gotta wear them in today, then may try going out late tonight if the weather improves. But this is the UK, so chances of that are pretty slim :smile: Thanks again guys for your warm welcome and advice so far! It is all confidence inspiring :irked: I'll be heeling publicly sooner than I would have had I not found this forum!

ShyHeelGuy - welcome to the forum from me too. AS you have discovered you are not the only man who feels like this and here you will be surrounded by like minded people who simply sees shoes for what they are - fashion accessories - and they do not demonise people simply because of taste. Good luck in your heeling and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels