Jamie : Drag Queen at 16

I saw that. Althought the school had complaints that he was going to prom in a dress and he was disciplined for it and told he wouldn't be allowed in. He went anyway and lots of the parents and pupile defended his choice/rights by saying they would not go if he wasn't allowed. He was allowed to go in the end.

It's really hard to believe that in the 21st century there would be so much hub-ub over doing what he did? It's really amazing when you think about it. We're just talking clothes and make-up here? Right? Perhaps if we'd all just let people be who they were born to be there'd be nothing but happiness in the world? The world won't advance as a whole until the last person has realized this.... His father's problem is that he's looking at what his son can do for him instead of the opposite. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Unfortunately I had to skip large parts of that as I'm in work and really shouldn't have been watching it. Anyway, I really applaud that lad for doing what he wanted to do - he's also got some stunning footwear options - the black plats he wore in the end scene were spectacularly delicious. I wish him all the luck in the world (and with a little luck he may find us here too!) Random side note, I know his town and know the place he went to for Prom. They don't make many drag queens out that way, no wonder he was a little scared about arriving to prom in a dress! I'm just thrilled he had such a good night, it could have been a disaster if it wasn't for his friends. Chris

That was a really good documentary, although it's slightly annoying that somebody wanting to wear clothes they feel comfortable in is made into a doco, it's to be expected with some people's mindsets i guess... It really connected with me personally as he goes through some of the same situations that i am going through currently with how to go about telling his dad about it. He showed alot of courage telling him. I wasn't expecting him to look half as good as he actuallu turned out in drag, i was amazed! he looked gorgeous! Now BBC, make the same doco again, but with a straight guy! i'm willing to be the subject *flutters eyes* lol

Saw part of it also where he was walking on the wall in heels and trying dresses maybe 20 mins worth. I felt some issues were over dramatised to the point of becoming unreal or too set up. However quite interesting as he was similar in character to a young friend of the younger stepdaughter. Al

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...