Are you a 'picky' with your purchases?

CRabbit

Personally, I know specifically what I like and I don't deviate far from it when I'm out shopping. I don't like bold colors, I prefer stiletto heels to all others, and most importantly I don't like my toes on show. Sure, that limits my options a bit but it's both what I like to wear and what I like most on other women. Are you picky? Do you avoid certain styles/colors/etc for any specific reason? Chris

I do think I'm picky about my purchases. If I wasn't I would probably end up with footwear that I would rarely wear.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I am picky myself. I try not to pick shoes that scream look at me, yet I do like some style to them. I am not a big fan of peep toes. mainly because I don't want to paint my toe nails. Most of my shoes can be worn with anything. As far as color I stick with the black, browns, and grays. I'll of my shoe's are close toed. As far as heel type it has to go with the shoe I guess. That's my two cents.

I like whatever looks good to me. Lately I have reduced my scope by looking at things I would wear comfortably in public. I used to just buy shoes as long as the fit and did not look outlandish. I just posted some new picks on webshots (helexus). Check out some of my styles.

I am VERY picky when it comes to my shoes, they have to scream out to me when I see them and they have to fit just so. My wife does not like shoe sopping with me because I am picky but she does like to choose styles for me that she thinks will look good.

It is kind of hard for me to be too picky. It is rare that the exact style that I seek is available in size 12W so I typically wind up with shoes that approximate what I would like. Given greater choice I probably would be quite picky. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I tend to be picky when it comes to buying heels. I like some open-toe, close-toe, pointy tip, round tip, platform, no platform, chunky heel, and thin heel. My favorite colors for high heels are black, red, white, and blue (those are the most common colors). As far as avoiding certain types: I try to avoid the expensive ones, lol.

I try to be "picky" when buying high heels. Sometimes impulse tries to get the best of me. I just try to picture in my mind the outfit or outfits I can wear with the high heels I am planning on buying.

I have certain styles and colours that I favour but I would nt say I m picky. There are certain styles that I still have nt tried (eg slingbacks) and I am willing to try new styles or colours to add variation to my collection:smile:

I do browse outside of my norm to see what is out there. So although I can be picky as previously mentioned, I am willing to search for new heels and browse new types.

I would have to say that I love all high heels and styles. I do lean towards peep toe pumps - but I have many closed toe pumps to. I have all style of heels in my closet. I usually shop at DSW in the clearance racks at the back of the store. I wear size 11 female and they always have some great styles to choose from. Some are 50% off their normal discounted price.

Here are just a small amount of what is in my closet.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Heels%20in%20the%20closet/SAM_1077.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Heels%20in%20the%20closet/SAM_1076.jpg

Enjoy!! I do :irked:

I'm quite picky but I think it's changed over the years. I used to just be crazy for a few specific styles and dislike anything that deviated from that. Now I'm much more open-minded about different styles. Details can often put me off (usually when a shoe is "trying too hard" all fashion-victim and no style), but if I feel a shoe is beautiful and elegant I find it very difficult to resist. Now I tend to be "picky" about heels as part of an overall look that I think I can make work for me, and I've learnt not to buy shoes that look great on someone else but just don't work for me. It's a great feeling when there's a style I generally don't like but I suddenly find a particular design that makes me go "wow!" and change my mind.

If you like it, wear it.

Well, I'm not a fan of open toes, platforms, mules or heels so insanely high that you can't walk in them, otherwise, I try not to be too picky when it comes to shoes.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm tall, have big feet and have decided to present a "conservative" image. This obviously limits my choice of what to wear - and (just for budget reasons) I have pretty much decided to purchase items I would plan to wear in public. The big feet has one serious consequence: I am limited to stiletto heels or platforms. My height pretty much limits the platforms - especially when combined with "conservative". Is a 5" heeled boot conservative? Well perhaps, because proportionally it doesn't look that high on my body - when I get the rare opportunity to discuss my heels most guess an inch or more lower. Also when paired with a long skirt - button down shirt, it's difficult to accuse me of a "Pretty Woman" look. This doesn't mean I don't plan to expand my wardrobe for heels. Right now, I have 6 pairs of longer chino or wool pants I wear with heels almost daily and three or four long legged jeans (Buckle Stores have 37" inseams for girls jeans and 38" inseam on some guys jeans!- Though a somewhat easier to find 36" inseams add a couple inches to my standard 34" pant leg. Add to that, 6 skirts ( my my new 20 inch Pencil Skirt, and several 35-37 inch long skirts of linen, denim or wool. Black, Khaki, and Blue Denim. I just tried the shorter skirt with tights for the first time and I looked good and felt comfortable in it. It will be even better in cooler weather. Sandal and wedges - if I could find my size - are on a list for next spring perhaps, maybe even with mid thigh a denim skirt! I am also a bit curious to experiment with color - perhaps with pumps and the skirt. And I'm regularly here at hhplace looking for advice, opportunity and style.

It is kind of hard for me to be too picky. It is rare that the exact style that I seek is available in size 12W so I typically wind up with shoes that approximate what I would like. Given greater choice I probably would be quite picky...

Totally agree! When you take an even larger size (13/13W, though can squeeze into some 12W's), you can't really be too picky.

One good thing, it keeps the shoe collection at a little over half a dozen, vs the closet that Bernheels has. I'm not sure what my selection would be like if basically any shoe I saw was available in my size!

Interesting thread. My pickiness has evolved over time. Before I started public heeling I couldn't justify spending much money, so bought cheaply over the internet whatever I could find. Style was less important compared with the thrill of actually weraing a pair of heels that fit. This was fine as others never saw me. After starting to heel in public the way I look and the total image has become a whole lot more important, so I've become a lot more picky and like to try different heels in shops. I've also found that better quality is sooooo much nicer so have moved upmarket and can justify spending more. I'm attracted to classic styles and wait for the right shoe with the right combination and balance to announce itself ..."buy me now".....