Thanks from what feels like the only South Australian

I just wanted to say Hi and thanks for this site. It gave me the courage to finally confront my partner and let her know I had a desire to wear high heeled shoes. After reading a lot of your posts, it allowed me to believe that I wasn't strange (well I am a bit) and that I shouldn't keep a deep yearning hidden from someone I care so much about (as it could only get worse I guessed as it ate me up inside). So thanks guys and girls you don't know how much this site has helped to allow me to be more open with my partner.

very c, Sure it "feels" that way but, if statistics are a guide, then you are not alone in any sense of the word. My research has shown that 3-5% of men in just about any country have desires to wear clothes and shoes of women but pursue to entirely different levels. 3-5% of the Australian male population would come out to 240-400,000 people.

She appears to have handled it better than I expected. Whether it is a facade or not, I don't know. Although it was something that has been in the back of my mind for a very long time, my feelings had been increasingly plaguing me more and more over the last year or so (semi internal crisis that i was going through life not doing what I really wanted to be doing I guess). What made it all easier was that she recently had been using my toe nails as a test canvas for her new nail polishes. It was the first time I was able to physically show a bit of my feminine side (albeit in a pretty private place). When I re-painted them myself in front of her a few weeks later, her response was not negative....that's when I found' this wonderful site. The stories just inspired me. So one night I just decided to let it out. First I asked what she thought of me painting my nails, and her response was she was fine with it but asked if it was an affront to my masculinity, my response was that it was exactly the opposite and that i liked the feminine trait that the nail polish brought, so much so that I would like to wear high heels. A barrage of questions followed (the usual ones) but all the time she wasn't angry, just curious and she said it was fine if i wanted to get a pair to wear around the house. She has been very encouraging to me to find a pair I like, I did find a pair from a mail order site but they were too small, a 41 which was the biggest size in that style, I think I need a 42. I wore them anyway and showed them to her. Again, she was nothing but supportive of me (although a bit jealous) and made my fear and concern, and worries so much easier to handle. So I am still on the lookout for a nice pair of boots, but not in secret which makes a world of difference. She has made this soo much easier for me than i have ever possibly imangined and i have no idea how lucky I am to have her. incidentally there are just over a million people in Adelaide so 4% would be 40 000 poeple...and still it feels lonely.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your feelings and experiences, it really helps others who are going through similar circumstances.

I couldn't help noticing in your first post you said "confront my partner" and I'm sure you what you meant by that was "confront the issue with my partner" 'cos she sounds cautiously cool about it. That's a pretty special reaction to get (like you said "how lucky I am to have her") and so long as you let her know how special she is, it sounds like you'll be just fine... good luck to you both.

If you like it, wear it.