Hot out there?

tallguyinheels

I hope everyone is staying healthy out there as the heat wave passes. I am noticing mostly flats/sandals/wedges/ with little or no heel being worn out there during my errands and travels... Even here in Atlanta where heels are common - even in the 'burbs, been a couple days since I've seen a 4" pump or taller platform. Can't wait for fall!

well, I live out in southern CA (south orange county near the beach) & its not been too warm as of yet, so I was able to wear my black flat boots with my LEVIS "ex-girlfriend" style jeans tucked into them (they look great that way, too):irked: these particular jeans are about as skinny as they come, so I wear 'em tucked in these boots when I have a lot of walking to to ( mostly like to wear my platforms around the house anyways):smile:

Same situation here about the heels.

But don't wish for fall so soon and enjoy the nice weather while it last !

Fall will come quick enough...Then after fall will be a LONG winter and I hate winter !

It sounds like your Winters are as rough as our Summers. We've had triple digits for the past three weeks with no relief in sight. Last Winter wasn't too bad (did get quite a bit of snow), and we're paying for that now.

But I too have noticed more sandals and wedges as opposed to pumps and boots. But it is so hard to be stylish when the thermometer reads almost 110 degrees.

Been in the 90's with very high humidity. Some nasty thunderstorms have gone through, but that reprive doesn't last long. All I see are sneakers, trainers, and the all too familiar flip flop - - - then again I live in an area where I don't see much of anything else most of the year, so it's the same old - - - .

I stay on the other side of the world and we are having very cold weather here. 0c and 16 during the day and they predict tomorrow 0c and 10c with some thunderstorms and a possiblity of snow.

Here in the UK it's been a good mixture of random weather - heavy rains or wonderful sunny days. The weekend was a little damp and windy but that's about typical. On the topic of heels, none of the girls in the clients offices where I'm working at the moment wear heels (*cry*) though I see enough beautiful business types in and around my client's area wearing stunning boots and courts to keep me occupied. I'm trying to find a young woman I saw a week ago wearing a stunning pair of hidden plat boots and ask her where she bought them from! I do find that for around 2 months high heels become the main choice of footwear just on the run into winter, then everyone wears Uggs (*sigh*) or similarly hideous footwear. Chris

I do find that for around 2 months high heels become the main choice of footwear just on the run into winter, then everyone wears Uggs (*sigh*) or similarly hideous footwear.

I do tend to agree that heels seem to be a little seasonal here. Too hot and its all flats and low wedges. Too cold/wet/icy/snowy and its sensible uggs or wellingtons here.