Girls and guys in heels experiencing the same things?

SleekHeels

Girls and guys in heels, are we experiencing the same things?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Girls and guys in heels, are we experiencing the same things?

• I'm a GUY and I think we're experiencing MOST/ALL the same things.
    • I'm a GUY and I think we're experiencing SOME of the same things.
    • I'm a GUY and I think we're experiencing LITTLE/NONE of the same things.
    • I'm a GIRL and I think we're experiencing MOST/ALL the same things.
    • I'm a GIRL and I think we're experiencing SOME of the same things.
    • I'm a GIRL and I think we're experiencing LITTLE/NONE of the same things.

I would have thought that you chaps would have the same the same physical experience. However the danger and excitement of wearing heels must be similar to my own having sneaked them out in a bag and changed into them at school.

Something I still remember quite well.

Amanda,

This is an interesting comment. Did you sneak them out because your parents did not want you wearing high heels to school? I'm curious as to the story behind your statement, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks.

I think Christine_C9 has good points. However this also varies and it's hard to give a single answer to the question. This makes all options of the poll true and false and in essence this is the case, no second person is the same. In this reply i'll try to explain as good as possible how I feel about it and my vision on the 'matter'. :)

It might also depend on how broad of an area you focus. If I look at it on the most basic level, just the shoes, in my case it's very much the same as what I read on a lot of forums, tumblr and how I see girls react to shoes. (Then again, if they are a fan ofcourse). Things like "they are so beautiful" "I love those" "I have to have them" and almost wanting to marry them, thats exactly the same for me. I really adore a pair of gorgeous heels and they can give me quite strong (extreme? :)) feelings about them and get me all excited (in a non sexual way :silly:).

On a higher level, I do think heels can be fun for men aswell. This depends on how you define fun. When i'm in a foul mood they can make my mood better. And I find it fun to wear them, master walking on higher heels and it's fun and exciting to shop for them. There also might be some overlap in the 'sexy' department for me. Allthough while wearing heels I don't feel sexy in general, this is the case for most women I guess. I do find a gorgeous pair of heels that me fit properly can look sexy. But I only find the bit that can be seen on my pics here (= warning, guy in heels :P ) sexy. When I look at myself wearing a t-shirt, jeans and a pair of heels i find that it looks kinda silly. That heels make me look longer doesn't matter at all to me. I'm fine with my height.

Heels do give me excitement though, but in a completely different way than they do for women. They make me push myself a little further every time. This might be cause of it being against the rules as Christine said. If it was common there is no need to push yourself further every time and that would make it less exciting. Not that I wouldn't love wearng heels if it where common.

For guys it can even be stressful which I doubt is the case for women. Men worry about what others would think of it (women have this aswell I guess but on a different level, "don't these platforms look too stripper?", not to offend anyone but it was the first clear example that popped into my head). How will a girlfriend or wife react if they would know. How will people react if you leave the house on heels or try them on in a store. Thinking people won't understand or even dislike you for it. And so on, this all can give quite some stress.

At the other end of the scale I think it's a LOT more common for men that heels give them sexual arousal (even to the level of a fetish) than it is for women.

I could type for hours on this subject but I suspect no-one wants to read a 5000 word essay on the topic so i'll leave it at this. :) I hope i managed to capture the essence of my vision and the way i experience things in this post.

Women wearing heels are looked at by men in lust, and by women in disapproval / competition.

Maybe men are just not so prepared, and gutted, to be so stared at and judged on their attire.

Also it is not so clear what will be the reaction of other men or women.

For me the experience is different in these way : More things are unknown, and men have little experience in withstanding other's looks.

Definately need more feed back.

My take is this:

Your first sentence is very correct. Your second is also correct but maybe not for the reason I believe. When a woman is seen in heels and 'feels' others looking at them, she may fear (too strong a word?) being judged as 'over the top' or unfashionable. Maybe seen as competition for another woman?

When a man 'feels' the eyes of the world looking at him in heels, the main thought is something along the lines of:

- do they think I am Gay?

- do they think I am a cross dresser?

- are they judging me as weird?

- will they point and stare?

A woman in heels can strap on a pair of 5" strappy bright red heels and the worst they might fear is someone jealous of them or thinking their shoes are not appropriate (for the location, time of day, bad for the feet, etc...) A man has a great deal of 'other' things to worry about. The world can be a cruel place and there can be serious consequences for the heeled male. From his job to his social circles, being seen can cost him a lot. A woman, even in inappropriate heels suffers none of these problems unless she wears 5" stilettos in her warehouse stock girl job.

On a personal note, I have found myself getting jealous of the women I see walking around in heels and upset with those that can, but don't, while I am somewhat restricted due to my job and such. Odd enough, I don't feel it is women restricting men's options. It is men, often over masculine, often womanizing men that make life difficult for other men that would like to bend things a bit out of the defined 'acceptable' category. For this reason, I find it much easier to be myself around gay men and women as they are usually, with very rare exception, more open to letting people be themselves. I was at a downtown restaurant that has a large gay clientele wearing my Jeffery Campbell Black Litas. When we got up to leave, the table of gay guys next to our all stopped me to compliment my shoes.

post-9194-133522955863_thumb.jpg

Amanda,

This is an interesting comment. Did you sneak them out because your parents did not want you wearing high heels to school? I'm curious as to the story behind your statement, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks.

Your Guess is exactly right Ron. They were considered as Taboo.

My take is this:

When a man 'feels' the eyes of the world looking at him in heels, the main thought is something along the lines of:

- do they think I am Gay?

- do they think I am a cross dresser?

- are they judging me as weird?

- will they point and stare?

CassieJ,

Thanks for reading my post. I have written it in the scope of people wearing what is designed for their apparent gender.

(men wearing shoes and clothes bought in the mens section)

For me, there are much less differences between two mens attires than between two womens attires. in this way, we could say that men fashion is more "subtle".

For example, two men in a convention will show very subtle differences :

- both in dark suits, different fabric quality

- details on the upper of the shoes (smooth leather VS decorated)

- watch

- color and fabric of the tie / shirt, but mainly hidden under the suit

- brands

While two women in the same context will have very different outfits

- hair style (long, short, etc.)

- colors

- heel height

- shoe type (loafers, courts, etc.), color, etc.

- skirt / pant etc.

- accessories such as scarf.

In this way, I think women are much more used to wear very personalized outfits, that make them unique in a typical context, and on public display. While mens distinctive details can only be seen closely. Heels are a very distinguishable accessory, which is contrary to men regular fashion. Same for skirt.

To me, this is why men can easily wear heels in a pubic area where every style exist.

But in a restricted context such as work, at home with friends and family, or on a seaside resort, men wear very similar clothes.

I would have thought that you chaps would have the same the same physical experience. However the danger and excitement of wearing heels must be similar to my own having sneaked them out in a bag and changed into them at school.

Something I still remember quite well.

Your Guess is exactly right Ron. They were considered as Taboo.

Boy do I remember this so well. I went to a very stuffy country Grammar School and high heels were still regarded as being very 'tarty' in those days - especially in the rural community that I lived in. Several of us flaunted the school rules, and secretly smuggling our heels out of the house and into school was almost a rite of passage for a lot of the girls there.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Boy do I remember this so well. I went to a very stuffy country Grammar School and high heels were still regarded as being very 'tarty' in those days - especially in the rural community that I lived in. Several of us flaunted the school rules, and secretly smuggling our heels out of the house and into school was almost a rite of passage for a lot of the girls there.

Very "St Trinians" then?

:)

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Hi All, I think all heel wearers experience similar emotiional feelings but the physical wearing is hard to compare because most men here just don't really wear heels enough. I have worn heels for long enough now (and very openly) and I am accepted for it. I truely understand the issues associated with heels, the joy they bring a wearer - or in many cases the fear of heels in public. Heels draw attention (they are the ultimate accessory) and regardless of whether you a man or woman you will get attention for wearing them. How you deal with this and feel about this will differ but you will recieve attention, so you both need confidence in yourself. Heels give an experienced heel wearer (experienced as in able to walk in them - and accustomed to being seen in them) even more power/ confidence in themselves. I think heels make the wearer feel good about themselves and more confident. They also look better! (a matter of opinion I suppose). This is all the emotional level associated with high heels. What about the physical in terms of how they fit etc etc.. Well this is bound to be similar. The only difference here I would say is that most guys tend to go for the hooker/ drag style shoes that are readily available in medium-larger sizes on the web? Many of these shoes are heavy, not made well, don't fit nicely. Every pair of these styled shoes I tried (but none for at least 7 years now) have not fitted me well, they've all pinched or felt tight in spots, or had heels that were placed in what now seems a weird/unatural position? - so I've only bought top quality shoes since then. Good quality heels are more elaborate (admittedly more feminine), weigh less and fit well. I think if men and women are truely wearing comparable shoes then the feelings will be similar. What about actually wearing heels - men vs women.... One thing that often bugs me is the assumption that putting a heel on is wearing a heel - and/or a quick stroll is wearing a heel. Wearing heels is walking on all different surfaces, and in particular give Marble/Glass/Ceramic floor coverings a go! I doubt men will truely appreciate how ones feet feel after spending a day in heels. Your feet don't need to hurt but they will be tired. You get used to the tired feeling. Depending on the shoe style will also drastically determine how your feet feel at the end of the day. I think most men would find that the heels they 'wear at present' aren't wearable in a real situation, and then the comparison cannot be done. Men will get bunions/ shortened achilles etc just as women will provided they spend day after day in heels as well. Men do not have the same flexibility in our bodies as women do naturally, this also applies to mens feet - hence men cannot slip on a pair of 4inch heels and have the arch & ankle flex to be able to walk heel toe - heel toe without bending the knees and/or turning their toes in. Like anything there are exceptions, some women don't have the flexibility either, and anybody can exercise or increase their flexibility over time by wearing heels and gradually getting higher. I know that it took me literally years of wearing lower heels to be able to honestly say I could now handle a 4inch heel as well as any one else. I had the motivation to do it because I like heels and wanted to be able to wear very high heels, and I'm still going at it today. So for both men and women the motivation to wear heels has to be the same, they're not easy to wear, can be a bit of a nuisance at times/situations (with experience you subconciously learn to deal with stuff/ avoid things) but there is something in ones personality that flags a dedicated heel wearer vs a casual heel wearer. That propensity must be similar trait as well for men and women. Anyhoooo enough ramblings from me. Happy heeling Heel-Lover

I have never known a guy who was into wearing high heels and I can’t imagine any of the guys I know wearing heels, but I don’t think most guys wear heels for fun, or to look and feel sexy, or to add some colour to otherwise grey and boring events. I am really sure heels don’t make guys feel less shy. Also I doubt most guys wear heels to be taller. I think they do it mainly because it is exciting for them because it is sort of against the rules and also maybe there are some guys who have a strong feminine side.

So as far as I can work out guys wear heels for small part of the same reason but for other different reasons too.

Christine

I had a very hard time with trying to decide on this too. After reading what christine said I can agree with her on some point's. Here are my ideas on the subject.

1. do men wear heels for the same reason as women? I would say yes and no. I would venture to say that most men do not wear heels to be sexy. then again there are some that may. for me i wear heels because mens shoes are just boring.

2. i will say it can be more exciting for men wearing heels just because it is not something expected of a man, but is it truly any less exciting for a women? i think it depends on the person.

3. as far as adding color to an other wise boring advent or outfit? well that is one of the main reason's i wear heels. to give that little bit of something extra to my outfit for the day and it has been in my recent adventures a great conversation peace with the ladys. so are not so inviting and then some that i have met just love it once they figure out i am not a threat to them and i am not gay.

4. my last point. i like most females wear heels for a lot of different reasons. my main ones are these. im 5'6" tall as a man so i like being taller. i like the way they look and like what they add to an outfit. if they happen to get the attention of the female sex and they think i look sexy then i guess that is just an added bonus.

I definitely remember when I bought my first heels one lunch-time and sneaked them back to school in my bag. It felt really exciting knowing they were under my desk during lessons that afternoon (but unfortunately still in the bag, not on my feet!). I sneaked them into school a few times after that, even though I knew I'd never get the opportunity to wear them. I just had to settle for the excitement of knowing they were in my locker all day, and looking on with admiration and envy at the girls who'd managed to sneak their heels into school and wear them too.

If you like it, wear it.