Opinions or Experiences With These

eoneleg

These Camilla's caught my eye when I was looking for a boot to wear this winter on business trips to the North where it can become quite cold and I am from the warm weather in the South. I know that I can handle the height and plat with my crutches, but my concern is about the open toe in the cold and I love to show my toes. Do toes get cold in this type of shoe or would the rest of my foot being covered protect them? I have seen peep toes in the cold but this shows a little more that the peeps. Any advice or experience is welcomed especially from those in Northern US or Canada, or any cold climate. Thanks.

E

http://www.camillaskovgaardstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=61

It does have a great tread for trudging thru snow, but the open toe could lead to frozen piggies real quick.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I like them. I say, being from MN, open toes even if it snows!!! I think it is up to the person wearing the shoes. Some say once the snow falls, no more open shoes. I like them all year around. Your toes will get cold, but if you are not out for a long walk, you are going to be fine.

For the price listed on the website, are these heels something you really want to go walking in the snow with? My opinion is to save these for the summer when you can show off those nice panted toes.

Too good to play in the snow and I would prefer full toe for that weather. Frostbite is not a good thing. As PIB said very attractive I like them Al

eoneleg, Except for a one year period of study in Venezuela, I had never lived anywhere it didn't snow at least 40" inches/winter before the age of 20. I have lived in Wisconsin (southern) for 20 years now are our winters pack quite a bite. Our land is 40 miles from Lake Superior and their winters have the bite of a saber-toothed tiger. I have seen people wearing open-toed shoes well down into the twenties or dresses with pantyhose and pumps even below that. It depends on the person. It isn't out of style rather it's the comfort level of the person. Some wear jackets here at 55Fwhereas I may reach for a jacket at 20F because I'll have something with long sleeves. One example of a well-dressed city, at any temperature, is Montreal. I spent a lot of time there as a kid and ankle-deep slush, despite efficient plowing and temperatures way below freezing doesn't deter the joie de vivre quebecoise. Wear what you want and laugh at the temperature! It all builds character and we have lots of character-building weather up here. HappyinHeels

...Any advice or experience is welcomed especially from those in Northern US or Canada, or any cold climate. Thanks.

I tried once to wear open toe in late fall and it was already too cold.

I cannot imagine how it could be in winter (And our winter here is very cold)

Nice shoes !

...One example of a well-dressed city, at any temperature, is Montreal. I spent a lot of time there as a kid and ankle-deep slush, despite efficient plowing and temperatures way below freezing doesn't deter the joie de vivre quebecoise...

I could not agree more with you !

I don't understand why women are wearing their nicest boots in the slush...

Hi E, As much as I love the shoes - I would not wear them in cold states in the winter. Your toes would not be happy. Save those for the summer months - they are hot. Send some pictures if you doget them. Bernheels

Speaking from a NY Winter bearer.. I would stay far away from these as a ' winter boot ' that will keep your foot warm. I'll take the heat for being the fashionably challenged and outright state, a 50$ pair of the Sketchers brand imitation ' Ugg ' boots would be MUCH better suited then these for any cold/snow weather. A way to do a ' self test ', put on any open toed pump, take an old sock and slip it over the foot with the shoe and a hole cut in the end of the sock. Wrap the shoe/foot in saran-wrap ( protect the shoe from water/ice ) and leave the toe open.. Find an old cooler, fill it with ice and put your foot in there for a short time. See how it works out for ya. The reason I say this as someone already mentioned.. different people have different tolerances to cold/warm weather. I have friends whom visited to Buffalo whom are natives of Port St. Lucie. We didnt even make it to my house from the Airport after their arrival to pick up some boots, coats and sweaters.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Like the others have said, depending how well you endure cold weather, the open-toe could get chilly. But also, if it does snow, these are open-toed suede booties that might not repel the snow or moisture that well. Just some things to think about before you plan on purchasing them. And if you are thinking about purchasing them, are you OK with the price?

Thanks to all for your replies and opinions. I think that I will stay away from them and wear a pump or boot when going North this winter. I appreciate your interest. E