Thinking about buying some new red heels

It must be almost two months since I bought my current favourite heels and I have been thinking that my high heels collection is missing a pair of bright red heels (to go with blue jeans, obviously). My blue and white Peep Toe brand sandals have been so awesome with how they fit and feel that I looked up what Peep Toe have in red and found these.

http://www.peeptoeshoes.com.au/shop/product/450/miss-soho

I would have preferred a sandal or even a sling back because I like the sort of bare foot look and also I like my toes to be less scrunched. Also they are plats and I am not so into plats. But they are not really full plats and this is all Peep Toe have in real red right now. Probably because they do not have their new spring shoes out yet. Part of me says just go to Galleria and get them but then I think … eeek … $250. But then my blue and white Peeps were $275 and they have been about the best heels I have bought. I love them.

So hard to know what to do. Sob.

Christine.

It must be almost two months since I bought my current favourite heels and I have been thinking that my high heels collection is missing a pair of bright red heels (to go with blue jeans, obviously). My blue and white Peep Toe brand sandals have been so awesome with how they fit and feel that I looked up what Peep Toe have in red and found these.

http://www.peeptoeshoes.com.au/shop/product/450/miss-soho

I would have preferred a sandal or even a sling back because I like the sort of bare foot look and also I like my toes to be less scrunched. Also they are plats and I am not so into plats. But they are not really full plats and this is all Peep Toe have in real red right now. Probably because they do not have their new spring shoes out yet. Part of me says just go to Galleria and get them but then I think … eeek … $250. But then my blue and white Peeps were $275 and they have been about the best heels I have bought. I love them.

So hard to know what to do. Sob.

Christine.

If you can afford them go for it. They are awesome.

Jay Jay

Hard to know what to do? You're mad! I love all of my Peeptoe brand shoes. The only thing I hate is that the red ones don't come in a size 42 or I would have bought some already. Simply put, they will be worth it. Like you, I'm not a great fan of platforms in general, but those are hidden, so you shouldn't worry. My wife and I have found the sizing on there shoes can vary quite a bit. If you have a stockist near you, try them first. They can be a little narrow fit. You might need to go up a size. Anywho, I'm jealous. I want them!

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Christine, The red shoes are hot!!!! As my quote says, "If the shoe fits, buy it!!!" If I remember correctly in one of your previous posts you said that you wear size 38. I just checked the link from your post and 38 is one of the few sizes remaining. How could these be wrong?

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Christine,

If you really like them and want them, and you have had good luck with the fit and durability from this brand, and you spent $275 on another shoe that you've really enjoyed, I would say go for it and enjoy your purchase.

I am slowly getting to like peep toes. These are fantastic. If you can afford them, definitely, go for them. Even though I wear only one shoe I just might pay the price and look great. E

I think they look fabulous and the plat is quite discreet. If you know they will be a good fit and you can afford the money - get them. You will feel so good wearing them - and so good to look forward to when stuck on site in your workboots.

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

Sorry I am so late replying but I have been on site since Tuesday morning (it is Wed night now) and basically went to bed early last night.

Thanks for all your replies and I am for sure going to go and check them out at the store if they have them. Often they don't have all the styles that are on the Peep Toe web site. If they are anything as awesome as the other Peep Toes I bought then I am pretty sure I will decide to buy them as soon as I try them :-)

You will feel so good wearing them - and so good to look forward to when stuck on site in your workboots.

Yes. They would be awesome to wear with jeans grocery shopping and it is a while since I went grocery shopping in heels.

Christine.

Hard to know what to do? You're mad! I love all of my Peeptoe brand shoes.They can be a little narrow fit. You might need to go up a size.

Anywho, I'm jealous. I want them!

I have never bought shoes directly from a web site. I find shoes I like on the web and they work out who has them. Half the fun of buying them is trying them on in the shop. I have been tempted because sometimes I find shoes I really like the look of but can't find them in shops.

Christine.

For sure! Going to a retail shoe shop and trying on selected heels is a lot more fun than waiting for (a) parcels to show up, hoping everything will meet your expectations. However, if this is the only way to get the heels you want, it is still like receiving gifts, even though you bought them for yourself.

I finally got around to trying on the Soho Peeps yesterday (Sat). They did not have the red ones but I tried on the Navy ones. They do scrunch my toes a bit more than I like but otherwise the fit was as good as my blue and white Peeps. They felt very sexy on. In a way it would have been easier if they were a totally bad fit because now I am still trying to make up my mind if I should get them. If I do want them I will have to get them from the internet which will be my first ever shoes from the internet. Christine.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting these heels on the internet and they are my first ever purchase of heels on the internet but I had tried the exact same style on. I would have bought them from the shop if they had the red. I am currently away on site working and don’t go back home until tomorrow evening but I know they have arrived because Alise sms’d me to tell me. So now going back tomorrow evening is even more exciting. They were a little bit scrunchy at the toes when I tried them on in the shop but I am sort of hoping they might stretch a little bit at the toes. But in the end I just could not resist getting them even though I thought about it for about three weeks. Also it must be at least three months since I bought my current favourites so that is pretty good really. Now I have to try and think of somewhere to wear them …because I can’t wear them to work. Maybe I need to change jobs and get work back in the city :irked: Christine.

That's great news Christine. I am sure they will be all you wanted and expected. So the journey home will be full of anticipation and you will have all weekend to try them out and enjoy them. Sounds fun. No point wishing you a good weekend either, it's a certainty. Enjoy!!

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

Is it a pump? What height is the heel?

They would be about a 4" heel. I love the high gloss red.

http://www.styletread.com.au/miss-soho-red.html

When I got home from site I made myself wait until after having tea and having a shower before opening them up. From just a little try on last night they don't seem to have as good toe ball padding as my blue and white heels from Peep Toe but also they didn't feel as scrunchy for my toes as I remembered from the ones I tried on in the shop. So that was good.

Now to think of somewhere to wear them this weekend although I think we are supposed to have a wet weekend in Perth. Have to be somewhere indoors.

Christine.

Alise and I went shopping at Midland Gate this afternoon and I wore my new seriously red peeps. Attached (if I got it right) are a couple of pictures by Alise with her 'real' camera (as she calls it) before we left. After wearing them around for a while they felt like a better fit than I thought when I first tried them on after unpacking them and did a couple of little test walks around the unit. The toes are no where near as scrunched as I thought they would be and although they don't have as much padding under the ball of the foot as the blue&whites they seemed okay. We only spent about 45 minutes down there (Alise was after a new cover for her phone) and about 15 minutes of that was sitting down having a coffee, but they did not feel that bad at all. It was seriously exciting walking around Midland Gate on a Sunday in those red heels even if Alise decided to wear boring 2" ankle boots (because it was cold, overcast, and looked like it might rain). Christine.

post-30706-133522950887_thumb.jpg

post-30706-133522950891_thumb.jpg

We if I had been at Midland Gate I wod have been stunned at ywh sight of these lovely red heels and jeans! The pictures are great - say thanks to Alise and her "real" camera :irked: So, all in all a great weekend in your new red heels? Excellent! You deserve it.

Very striking and bold, I like that. They look suitable for regular and prolonged wearing perhaps MrsF should get something similar.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.