Jenny's Site Web fund prize draw results 26 Dec 2003

As many of you know, Firefox and I are trying to bring back Jenny's site, and yes, we have plans for the page.

We are trying to make the page self sufficient, so that it can pay for itself. This will ensure that the page will survive, and not suffer any downtime as it has of late.

We have been very grateful to everyone who has helped in hosting both jenny's site and the related pages, although when we lose contact with someone, maintaining the page becomes difficult.

Of course, there is a mention of a way people can help on the page. if you go to http://come.to/high-heels (the link is in my signature) you will find out how you can help bring back Jenny's site, and help expand it.

I'd like to show you what is up for grabs, as the pair of Goddess high heels mentioned.

Posted Image

Now, wouldn't you like a chance to get your hands on those?

So please, visit the page, let it refresh to the Announcement, and read about how you can help.

Because if we do get the help we need in being able to have the page hosted and living again, you can expect a lot more pictures like this!

Posted Image

Yes, that is me.

We may have other ways of thanking the people who help out, but we're in discussion of that right now.

Hopefully, those of you who have enjoyed Jenny's page, or are curious to see more of it, and me, might find some small way to bring the dream back to reality.

Thank you everyone. :lol:

I am dangerously low on pairs right now, if I give away more, I'll be wearing my Reeboks everywhere. Otherwise I would. But as the response has been, well, small, the odds are quite high for winning that pair. I was also thinking of doing a custom video or picture set as a second prize, but that is not a final idea.

We've had about 5 or 6 people chip in now. Thanks to everyone who has donated! So I've bought another pair to go in the draw as second prize.

Posted Image

With a sharp 4 5/8" heel in size 41, 8UK, 10-11 US, these are really fine fashion boots from ess2eff.

Posted Image

They're a good size 8 too and will be pristine, unworn conition. I notice paypal were taking $4 comission off us for deposits, so the min donation to enter the draw is now $20. However, these two pairs of shoes are worth far more than that each! And we'll have enough over to pay for a couple of years hosting of Jenny's page with regular updates.

The more people that contribute, the more prizes we'll have. And we'll publish a full list of contributors and prize winners here. It's a genuine draw, and genuine great prizes.

And there could be prizes such as custom pictures and video clips, now that I have my digi-cam mostly figured out. :( It's a good deal, and since not that many people have donated, the chances of winning a prize are very high! And as Fox said, the more donations we receive, the more prizes we will add. So the odds will always be good. And it helps to keep Jenny's site running, with more features to be added. Everyone wins when that happens! Again, for all who have contributed to assist in bringing back Jenny's site as the premiere heel site out there, we thank you. :(

Yes thanks HHDS, they look great! The old Jenny site will go back free access on a fast server with some new material such as updated survey charts from Arno. They'll be an additional free content taster section and a low cost members section which will contain amongst other things, pics from Laurie, videos, street heel pics and videos, Laurie's writings, more heel wearing guides, Laurie's closet, some exclusive guest pics from the HHDS site, other links and guide to shoe material on the net.

And of course, we have to add once more, that with your help, loyal viewers, we can make this happen! And suddenly, I feel as if this is PBS in America, and we're waiting by the phones, begging for money before we return to whatever Britcom marathon we happen to be showing to get your attention. Every dollar, pound, euro, yen, lire, franc, krone, guilder, mark, dinar, peso, schilling, drachma, ruble, shekel, zlotyk, rupee, and what have you, makes a difference! Well, some of those we'd need more than one of, but you get the idea!

Many of the links are not operating, and some of the sites in the link list seem to have vanished. Warning: going to Brigitte's Mules installed a Web Search program on my computer and changed my homepage, firewall and antivirus notwithstanding. This is the second time that has happened. I was able to uninstall it this time. Had to use the anti-spyware program previously. And Brigitte's Mules doesn't seem to be there, anyway!

• 3 weeks later...

More prize draw details: The draw will be held on boxing day 26 Dec and the results posted in this this thread. There are 4 prizes so far 1. Laurie's Shoes 2. New Stiletto Boots 3. Custom Laurie Pics 4. One months free membership of the HHDS site I have donated and would love to enter, but since I'll be doing the draw, I'll have to exclude myself which is a bummer :( There are about 6 or 7 people in the draw so far, so your odds of winning a prize are pretty good. If any more people would like to donate, please do so before 25 December 2003. (Re Jenny's Site: I have got most of the page working, but I'm still doing the links)

Hi all.... you may have noticed the heels4men website has been stagnant for sometime now, as I have been busy setting up my own web design and web hosting company over the last 6 - 9 months... If theres anything I can do to help then let me know.... Firefox... I hope you didnt pay alot for that web hosting you purchased??? Best regards to jenny, and all, I still try to keep up with this forum when I can....

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

The cost associated with the web hosting is irrelevant, when we consider that we get full control, and Fox is the contact for it. We always appreciate the offers of others to help with the hosting, but with the disappearance of Pheels, and the downtime that has hurt Jenny's page, well, I think this was the best option. Jenny gave her blessing, so that has to mean things will work out!

Sorry, i didnt mean helpout with the design, or having any control over it... I meant that if you wanted a good deal on 99.9% uptime hosting... I wouldnt actually do anything, you guys would have full control over whatever you wanted to do... Unlimited bandwidth, diskspace etc etc... Anyway, the offer will always be there....

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Thanks for the offer to help Richie, I really appreciate it :( As Laurie says, we are probably OK for webhosting at the moment, but we are always looking for good pictures or other material to update the content of both the free and members section. Both these sections in their own different ways help to improve the site, and make it self sufficient. So if you have any streetheels pics or similar material you think we could use that would be great.

• 1 month later...

I haven't forgotten, and people who contributed will be in line for 4 or 5 fabulous prizes. I'll be drawing the names out of a hat and publishing the 5 top ones here on the evening of 26 December. The first person will get first choice of prize, the next the choice of what's left, and so on. Good luck in the draw!

Here are the results of the draw:

8 people contributed $25 or more, excluding Laurie and myself.

8 cards were shuffled face down by me for 10 minutes while watching TV. I then dealt the cards face down and asked a friend to select 5 in order.

This is the result:

First: tomtom_88@hotmail.com

Second: pantheraleo@earthlink.net

Third: HHDS

Fourth: jeffm@tnet.com.au

Fifth: peezkneez@btinternet.com

Comiserations to those who did not feature. I can promise you the draw was truly random, and all the winners will be contacted by email to ensure distribution of the prizes.

• 1 month later...