when pumps are to big

trevor

i had bought a pair of platform pumps that i really liked but they came in like 3/4 inch to big so foot really slides out when walking. they dont have the next size down and they would be to tight anyway. is there something you can put into the toe area that would work without it hurting?

Depending on how much too big they are. You could try thick socks, but not a great look IMO. Another option would be heel counter pads.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

You can put a padding in the instep and it will make them somewhat smaller. That's what I've seen my wife do and some of the sales persons that have assisted her when she has that type of problem.

Any way, 3/4 (1.9cm) of an inch is more than 2.8 Paris points, almost 3 sizes larger. If you use the Brannock scale you'll find it's 2 1/2 sizes larger!

I would return them, or just go back to the store and try the correct size.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_Sizing

I have two different size feet, a noticeable half a size in difference in fact, so I have this problem frequently. The best thing to do to make a shoe that is slightly too large fit is to incorporate insoles (I much prefer the suede ones to the gel), and heel grips. If one doesnt work, you can always double up :irked:.

so I have this problem frequently. The best thing to do to make a shoe that is slightly too large fit is to incorporate insoles (I much prefer the suede ones to the gel), and heel grips. If one doesnt work, you can always double up :irked:.

Everyone has two different sized feet - it's a part of human physiology - same as all humans have one arm longer than the other.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Everyone has two different sized feet - it's a part of human physiology - same as all humans have one arm longer than the other.

See no body is perfect! :irked:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

See no body is perfect! :irked:

Unless you are asking an egotist.

trevor,

I got some really high heels from Elite Heels and they seem to have inserted a type of platform right where my main toe joints sit, which proped up my feet to fit the heighth of the heels. You may have to consult a reputable shoe shop to see if this is possible or if there might be any solutions they would suggest. Good luck!

Unless you are asking an egotist.

trevor,

I got some really high heels from Elite Heels and they seem to have inserted a type of platform right where my main toe joints sit, which proped up my feet to fit the heighth of the heels. You may have to consult a reputable shoe shop to see if this is possible or if there might be any solutions they would suggest. Good luck!

'Scholl' make inserts to go under the ball of your foot, that do exactly this. Look on-line, or, you may have a 'Scholl-Centre' near you.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Without trying them on first, I've always bought the wrong size shoe and either had to return them for the next size down (which is then often too tight!) or opted for gel pads and heel grips to help reduce the size difference. Grips and pads can knock up to half a shoe size off and also makes walking in those killer heels a lot less painful. From my perspective, there's not a lot worse than high-heel related blisters on show with a missus who's seriously against me wearing heels! Chris