1955 Los Angeles Times shoe ad

hh_pe

While going through some old files for a project I am working on, I found a Los Angeles Times newspaper dated August 29, 1955 with the following ad on the center page. Looking at the styles in the ad makes one realize why some of these styles are call classics today.

post-22620-133522947239_thumb.jpg

Very true. From what I have seen,mules have more toes showing and some slimmer heels. I'm not big on wedges but lately have thaken an interest. They are higher and not so bulky with the narrowing of the heel portion to almost a stiletto shape.

I was one year old when that ad was published. I remember seeing many ads like that in the newspapers as I was growing up. And yes, you do see inspiration of today's styles from those pictures.

I was a year old too when that ad ran in the paper. I remember while growing up seeing shoe advertisements in the local, small-town newspaper. Unfortunately, the only time you see shoe ads anymore is in store flyers. At least that is how it seems here in a more rural area.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I was one year old when that ad was published. I remember seeing many ads like that in the newspapers as I was growing up. And yes, you do see inspiration of today's styles from those pictures.

6 days prior to hatching if you know what I mean.:irked:

Al

I was a year old too when that ad ran in the paper. I remember while growing up seeing shoe advertisements in the local, small-town newspaper. Unfortunately, the only time you see shoe ads anymore is in store flyers. At least that is how it seems here in a more rural area.

It seems many individual shoe store chains have vanished from the scene. We used to have Butlers, Nobels, Thom McAnn, Kinney's, Chandlers, Wild Pair, and Baker's. Seems only Baker's has survived and they do not have the Qualicraft shoes that were always in the Newspaper Sunday Magazine. The local individual "Mom and Pop" shoe stores are few and far between. Now even Walmart has seemed to downgrade to casual and has left the dress shoes behind. The days at the mall in the 70's dreaming of what it must be like to be able to wear such a wide choice of styles available. Too bad - too sad. :irked:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Now we druel over the internet sites of high heels or we go to the local mall that sells the heels we prefer and wish we could buy most of all that we see. A while back I was looking through some really old magazines in the library and came across a Pan Am advertisement that displayed the airline crew in a dining area. A stewardess was sitting on a bar stool-like chair which revealed her wearing really high stiletto pumps as part of her uniform. I can't remember the periodical I saw this in and I wish I could find it again to get a copy. The library has since put every thing on microfiche and storing the originals away. They possibly deleted the considered non-essential stuff.