Are Barratts / Big Shoe Boutique's shoes getting smaller???

barney15c

I have been buying quite a lot of heels from this company and lately I have been noticing that quite of their nice fashionable heels lately are getting smaller....

Take a look at the three models of shoes I have given links for and the resounding consensus that comes up in the comments / reviews are that they are very small fitting in some cases percieved 2 or 3 sizes smaller than stated.

http://www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk/en/mary-jane-platform-court-shoe-size-9-10-190317

http://www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk/en/sherbert-high-heel-pointed-court-shoe-195021 I bought these

http://www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk/en/high-platform-court-shoes-215860

Going back 6 months ago this was personally never the case. I am a 9/10 UK and used to buy a size 10UK which fitted comfortably. I bought one pair of heels in a UK11 thinking i would have covered bases sizing wise, so was very suprised when i found they were extremely tight and could just get my foot in them.

Has anyone else who has bought heels from them lately found the same problem?

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I'm going to take a chance on getting these in an 11 (the third link), as they sold out of that size and have just got some back in. The toe is a bit more rounded than the pointed toe ones i bought before so hopefully they will fit.

post-207-133522947278_thumb.jpg

I visited a Barratts outlet recently when on a short business trip to UK. Tried various pumps in size 9 (a size that used to fit me perfectly) but found them a bit small (and tight). Unfortunaltely they did not have size 10 in the shop. The salesgirl advised me to order them thru' the Net. By the way, the salesgirl had absolutely no problem in dealing with a male customer trying ladies shoes and was very charming. I must point out that I did dress rather feminine and was wearing ladies' shoes (ballerinas).

I visited a Barratts outlet recently when on a short business trip to UK. Tried various pumps in size 9 (a size that used to fit me perfectly) but found them a bit small (and tight). Unfortunaltely they did not have size 10 in the shop. The salesgirl advised me to order them thru' the Net. By the way, the salesgirl had absolutely no problem in dealing with a male customer trying ladies shoes and was very charming. I must point out that I did dress rather feminine and was wearing ladies' shoes (ballerinas).

That is truly the advantage of being able to try shoes on before you purchase them. I have found that I can wear anything from a size 10 to a size 12, depending on the shoe.

Generally i have found from Barratts, Boots usally slightly big for their size Ballets true to slightly big Mid Heels True to size High Heels slightly small to very small (at least a full size and some 2 sizes) Platform heels true to slightly small I take a 10 or 11 (9 in mens) I have over 30 pairs from barratts bought over a 3 year period mainly in the last 18months. I love the styles if only the could have consistant sizing :)

I'm going to take a chance on getting these in an 11 (the third link), as they sold out of that size and have just got some back in.

The toe is a bit more rounded than the pointed toe ones i bought before so hopefully they will fit.

These shoes arrived this morning ,and as i feared they were a tight fit although they appear that they have a bit of give in them so all is not lost, was able to wear for about 10 minutes before i had to take them off. I may post a pic or two of me wearing them. They are stunning shoes, I absolutely love them, shame they don't fit right...yet!!!:irked:

I have given a review for these shoes on big shoe boutique although it wont appear for upto 72 hours, but here is what i wrote:

"Have to say these rank up with the very best shoes I have bought from Barratts and I have bought over 30 pairs from them. But i am finding a worrying trend in that many of the larger sized fashionable shoes are sized at least a size and sometimes more smaller. I can find 3 or 4 examples of this lately, this never used to happen. I bought the next size up from my usual Size 10 and still found these shoes very tight which is a huge pity. I absolutely love these shoes and a lot of the high heels Big Shoe Boutique are producing but they have to get back to getting the sizing right or they will start losing lots of customers because they cant trust getting a shoe that will fit properly. Take Heed Big Shoe Boutique. You have been a breath of fresh air in coming up with the styles in big sizes that we could never hope to get on the high street, don't spoil it now!!!"

Lets hope they take this into account when they produce their future models.

A worrying trend, us 10's and up don't have a lot of choice , so when a reasonably priced retailer comes out with nice fashionable shoes in our size you would expect them to fit, if they are a small fitting them you might as well be selling them to people in the normal size ranges as it all they will fit, it chnges nothing. Hopefully with all the comments dotted around the reviews they will take note, Very nice shoes by the way! heelix :irked:

Thanks Barney, apart from the size I think they are great for the price. I have also considered the Mary Janes you originally posted, but was put off due to the previous sizing difference.

I'm currently looking at http://www.sarenza.co.uk/georgia-rose-ninna-s3312-p0000043976, they are a bit expensive but I would like to get a pair of quality leather heels.

Have you got any experience with this company?

Heelix, nice shoes bear in mind that they count a 9.5UK as a EU44 which may be relevant because this reply has gone up on the review of those platform soled shoes i bought as well as my own comments.

"We're delighted that you like this product and thought it would be helpful to provide you with some further information to help you order the right size.

These shoes have been made using continental sizing so it may be useful to know which continental sizes the UK sizes above relate to.

UK Size 1 = Continental Size 34

UK Size 2 = Continental Size 35

UK Size 3 = Continental Size 36

UK Size 4 = Continental Size 37

UK Size 5 = Continental Size 38

UK Size 6 = Continental Size 39

UK Size 7 = Continental Size 40

UK Size 8 = Continental Size 41

UK Size 9 = Continental Size 42

UK Size 10 = Continental Size 43

UK Size 11 = Continental Size 44

Many thanks to our previous reviewers for the feedback on the sizing of this product.

We hope this information helps and that you enjoy your purchase.

Regards,

The Big Shoe Boutique Size Guide"

So bear that in mind if you go for the sarenza shoes they might be small sized too...good luck if you go for them!

• 1 month later...

A worrying trend, as Barney says. I bought two pairs of UK11 heeled boots from Priceless (sister company to BSB - same stock) in January 2010. If anything, they are a little generous in both length and width and are certainly a comfortable fit. Although there is obviously some inconsistency between the different models, the BSB chart translates UK11 as Eu44 - it should really be 45 - and that certainly suggests that the shoes will run small. But why state that they are UK11 when clearly they are not intended by the manufacturer (in China) to be that large?

A worrying trend, as Barney says. I bought two pairs of UK11 heeled boots from Priceless (sister company to BSB - same stock) in January 2010. If anything, they are a little generous in both length and width and are certainly a comfortable fit.

Although there is obviously some inconsistency between the different models, the BSB chart translates UK11 as Eu44 - it should really be 45 - and that certainly suggests that the shoes will run small. But why state that they are UK11 when clearly they are not intended by the manufacturer (in China) to be that large?

Very good point it is putting me off buying shoes from there, a bit of a cop out on the part of barratts if you ask me when you look at the answer they gave when i questioned the sizing, i will look out for reviews from others before taking the plunge. And you are absolutely right about last seasons boots, i take a 9/10 and the sz10 boots i bought were most definately a size bigger, but it all very hit and miss. I am tempted to get these as they go to an 11 and are sherbet make which i know will fit me in a 10 so i may well plumb for them.

post-207-13352295206_thumb.jpg

... I am tempted to get these as they go to an 11 and are sherbet make which i know will fit me in a 10 so i may well plumb for them.

Those are nice boots, Barney - I like the heel shape and height (4"?) but would prefer them with a longer shaft. Do let us know how they fit if you get them.

My Priceless boots are both Sherbert and it is worth knowing that this brand, at least, runs true to size.

I like the heel shape and height (4"?) but would prefer them with a longer shaft.

Youre in luck Puffer they do the exact same boot with a longer shaft upto a sz11!!!!

Good value at £30!!

http://www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk/en/block-heel-pull-on-high-leg-boots-226069

Nice boots, Barney - thanks for the link.

I don't really want knee boots, however - my previous comment was intended to indicate that I would have liked an ankle boot similar to the first but with a fairly high zip shaft rather than one cut off scarcely above shoe level. (I don't like boots where the tops either show completely when wearing normal trousers or which, if calf length or higher and not close fitting, are difficult to cover.)

No problem Puffer, probably you will prefer something inbetween then. BTW boots arrived this morning and they are really nice and comfortable the block heel is very stable and solid, and styling quite masculine for a 4in heel which i like. I could have gone down a size but they are fine with a thick pair of socks. Decided to go for the tan ones in a UK10 too, may get the knee boots next month if they are still around!!!