Punitive Shoes Ballets - Who owns some and Your thoughts

ljwh1939

I've seen in other threads that some people don't like Punitive's ballet's due to the lack of "elegance" of Their shoe with the less than slender heel design. I'm interested who owns some and comments from a wearability point of view.

ljwh1939 I don't own a pair any more but they were generally sloppy, in that the length was good but were far too wide at the toe, which meant the foot wasn't gripped and ended slumping down on the toes. Suppose it depends on your shape of foot but the others that I've owned are all suitably narrower and reduce the weight through the end of the toes. R

I own a pair of thigh highs from Punitive. Don;t wear them very often but the toe box does seem too large for the shoe and quite circular in cross section to adequately grip the foot. As a result they seem like they are a size too large. Also, the taper of the thigh is kinda off. The fit at the calf and knee is great but the thigh is almost the same size as the knee which exaggerates the effect of the top being pulled down when the knee is bent. The heel itself on my pair seem to be in proportion to the shoe, just maybe a couple millimeters too long for the sole length.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a pair of knee high balletheels of punitive shoes. They were well made- well italian craftmanship, very supple leather - for balletheels this can be eventually also a (-) as giving less support for feet and ankles. very wide at foot. what I also liked: no zip, lacing only. a good choice for those who have a problem at balletheels is the heels height only as they are lower, heel also very stable, well done.

Hi about 6 months ago i tryed on a pair of ballet boots in a shop just to see how they felt ,out of 3 pairs the punitive shoes made ones was the only pair that i could get my wide feet in due to having bunions,they was lace up and very well made but much wider than some other makes, found them suportive but not ever walked in ballet heels before was a challange .

shaz

Hi about 6 months ago i tryed on a pair of ballet boots in a shop just to see how they felt ,out of 3 pairs the punitive shoes made ones was the only pair that i could get my wide feet in due to having bunions,they was lace up and very well made but much wider than some other makes, found them suportive but not ever walked in ballet heels before was a challange .

Hi

Which shop were you able to try Punitive ballet boots?

R