First public heeling experience

ljwh1939

Would like to share my first public heeling experience. Walked just under a kilometre (bit wobbly towards the end as things hurt) in boots with 6" heels with 2" platforms. Passed a couple of people on my journey but no one seemed to notice the klip-klop. Will be trying again soon!

Congrats ljwh1939! You have already overcome the biggest hurdle. More wonderful heeling experiences await.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks for your comments and support :) . Actually ended up being 1.05km - i never thought it was that far and it sure didn't feel like it. Maybe try in 5" single sole next time! Love to eventually graduate to ballets, but ATM think it's not possible, if not a long way off - I struggle to make it to the other side of the room! However, I heeded the advice of one of our members and use pointe shoes inside the boots (devious) as they are a little bit big and can acommodate the room needed. The difference is amazing with the proper support given the firm toe box and vamp. Just had to pack/pad the toes of the boots to prevent "toe cave in" I did this using damp newspaper and a stick to pack it in tight - similar to the technique my GF has used to stretch some of her boots in the past.

Hi, i feel good and happy everytime another guy accomplish that goal!!!, Congrats, i am sure next time you will go further and will enter into more public places, there is no limit , everytime you will ask more challenge more and more. For my self i am challenging me and gathering some guts to go out the next week to the main street in this city i am living in Shanghai, Is a different story i will post what is it like, i dont want to divert your story now. Let us know when you will go out again and what will you accomplish, cheers

V. Morpho

Congratulations! I think the achievement isn't so much the distance but the fact that you passed a couple of people - they must have been quite intense moments along with those first steps out of the door. Do tell more... was it daytime or nightime? Were your boots hidden under trousers or in full view? Best of luck for your next steps.

If you like it, wear it.

ljwh1939-- A kilometre IS a long way to walk in heels for your first public outing but then another more profound thought struck me. This kilometre, as long it may seem to many of us in physical distance, pales in comparison with the psychological distance you have just bridged. The psychological barrier is often the most forbidding in tackling so many of life's challenges. Keep your head held high and know that we are all with you! HappyinHeels:wavey:

Congrats ljwh1939! I have some questions, at what time of day did you go out and is what sort of area? Residential area or somewhere else? When the opportunity arises I sneak out after dark for a quick 'heel' around the block in my suburb, but nothing at long as 1km.

My first public heeling experience was last Wednesday, when I collected my first high heel cowboy boots from the seller at a shopping centre in my home town. I put them on and walked confidently (but wobblily - haha new word) back to the taxi that brought me there, and the driver commented that my boots look really good and really expensive (got then for a good deal, haha only £50 for Samelis) and said "they have a bit of a heel" - I said real cowboy boots should, and he agreed. Then I walked around the supermarket getting my shopping from about an hour, enjoying the clack clack from the rubber/plastic heels (they are surprisingly noizy! =D). No one seemed to notice except maybe some kids that probably though wow that man is tall (I am 5'10" without heels and 6'1" with the 3 inch heels on)! I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and found that the heels gave me a better posture. The next time I went out in public with the heels was into town to get my new glasses from the opticians, and the first time I had walked to the bus stop from my house (I have severe asthma, so have not walked the just under 1 mile to the bus stop for over a year; but with the heels walking was sooooooooooooo much easier, and I felt no pain in my back and found it quite enjoyable, even standing waiting for the bus was fun. I managed the stairs in my flat quite well the first day even with heavy shopping to carry (I always buy the whole shop, lol) as the heels make my feet smaller so they can fit on the steps (my feet are size 11, and in normal cowboy boots the heel cannot rest fully on the step). I managed to get upstairs in the bus easily too, but coming down I sorta ran out of the bus cos I realized it was my stop too late (although it actually wasn't, well I could use either of two stops, lol). That was the only time people looked at me - I don't know if it was the noise of the heels or the general sight of a man almost falling down the stairs. LOL Then I walked to the Post Office then back to a computer shop in which I enquired about various things then bought something, then clacked back out. Then I walked to the opticians and no one seems to notice the heels peeking out from under my long jeans except maybe this old man sitting outside a pub/shop step. All in all a good experience. My next hurdle is to wear them to my work (if I get the job) or to college.