Louboutin Alti 160

pierced

Congratulation !

What size are they ? Do they fit true to size ( hope it is correct ) ?

How do you feel walking in them ?

Mine are size 42. (!) I normally have 40-41 and I say these are half size to big. With a insole they fits really well!

Maybe not quite the shoes you take a long walk in...:)

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are size 42. (!) I normally have 40-41 and I say these are half size to big. With a insole they fits really well!

Maybe not quite the shoes you take a long walk in...:irked:

Where did you get a size 42?? And for how much €€€?

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Those Louboutin Alti 160s are just awesome!!:irked: I love the Pigalle and the Pigalle with litlle platform too. Effectively they are about 5"/12.5cm high as most other designerheels are 'only' 4-4.5" high if you count the heel minus platform... I think even the Daffodile heels aren't full 5" due to the big platform, but I love those too! Was great to see Victoria Beckham on them while pregnant whole day long on the royal wedding! Respect! What are effectively the highest designerheels currently? anyone knows? These Pigalles/Alti/ some heels of GML or Brian Atwood, DiMarni maybe? Any designerbrand/celeb spotted with heels higher than 5" effective heelheight? Where did you buy these and how do they walk actually? Already went outside/walk in town on pavements etc? Greetz Roberto

Maybe not quite the shoes you take a long walk in...:smile:

pierced, I bet they are not for long walks. Pigalles aren't either. I can stand and walk for some time on them but wouldn't more than 200yds with them. They are like pieces of art!

My CL Decollete 868 are pretty comfortable with 11.5cm heels.

Those Louboutin Alti 160s are just awesome!!:irked: I love the Pigalle and the Pigalle with litlle platform too. Effectively they are about 5"/12.5cm high as most other designerheels are 'only' 4-4.5" high if you count the heel minus platform... I think even the Daffodile heels aren't full 5" due to the big platform, but I love those too! Was great to see Victoria Beckham on them while pregnant whole day long on the royal wedding! Respect!

What are effectively the highest designerheels currently? anyone knows? These Pigalles/Alti/ some heels of GML or Brian Atwood, DiMarni maybe? Any designerbrand/celeb spotted with heels higher than 5" effective heelheight?

Where did you buy these and how do they walk actually? Already went outside/walk in town on pavements etc?

Greetz

Roberto

Roberto,

Louboutin standard heel measurements are based on size IT37. That would be a French 38. So a 120 in large sizes can be much higher.

I have CL Pigalle 120 in 41 1/2. They are 13.5cm high, with a sole of 0.7cm which and the inner height of the heel is 14.6cm making the true hight 13.9cm (5 1/2"), actually.

I also have BA Nico 120 are 12.6cm high on the outside and 13.5 on the inside with a sole of .5 which leaves 13cm (5 1/8") high.

The Pigalles are, for certain, the steepest heels I have; although not the highest. What I can say is they are not the most difficult shoes to walk in I have. The Alexander Wang booties and the Sarkany Bet are much worse even though they are is 2cm lower. Maybe this is because they carry platforms.

The sky high Loubotuins can be found online at CL's US site, at net-a-porter, or at My Theresa. Watch it because they don't deliver to every country.

I hope I've answered some of your doubts.

pierced, I bet they are not for long walks. Pigalles aren't either. I can stand and walk for some time on them but wouldn't more than 200yds with them. They are like pieces of art!

My CL Decollete 868 are pretty comfortable with 11.5cm heels.

Roberto,

Louboutin standard heel measurements are based on size IT37. That would be a French 38. So a 120 in large sizes can be much higher.

I have CL Pigalle 120 in 41 1/2. They are 13.5cm high, with a sole of 0.7cm which and the inner height of the heel is 14.6cm making the true hight 13.9cm (5 1/2"), actually.

I also have BA Nico 120 are 12.6cm high on the outside and 13.5 on the inside with a sole of .5 which leaves 13cm (5 1/8") high.

The Pigalles are, for certain, the steepest heels I have; although not the highest. What I can say is they are not the most difficult shoes to walk in I have. The Alexander Wang booties and the Sarkany Bet are much worse even though they are is 2cm lower. Maybe this is because they carry platforms.

The sky high Loubotuins can be found online at CL's US site, at net-a-porter, or at My Theresa. Watch it because they don't deliver to every country.

I hope I've answered some of your doubts.

Well Majo.

You have very likely right in that Louboutin base their heelheight on size 37.

But!

I have two pairs Alti 160 mm. One pair brand new size 42 and a pair of 2 year old size 41. The heel of the elderly couple in size 41 is actually higher than the new...

Robert!

Looking only height, I recommend Alejandro Ingelmo. My pumps/slingbacks both have a heel of 15.5 cm, with a 35 mm platform.

Size 42, yes!

I bought them in a shop in the us.

My husband got a look of pain on his face when I asked what the cost.. :irked:

It would be more painful for me not to see those on my wife's feet.

Sadly she wouldn't use more than 4" w/o platforms. And, well, she has the same feeling as your husband about the price. I'm usually the one that spends in this type of things.

Strange what you mentioned about your Alti's having different heel heights. But, maybe, it's because they hand crafted!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pierced, Those are awesome and good for you in purchasing them. Wow, I look forward to the day of a pair of Louboutins. They look gorgeous on you! Which Louboutins do you prefer? I saw a pair of OTK boots last year and could have gone into bankruptcy over them, Louboutons are so it. I have a similar size to you, a 41, would like to know thoughts about sizing. Enjoy, and thanks sharing the photos! Mtnsofheels

Hi Pierced, Those are awesome and good for you in purchasing them. Wow, I look forward to the day of a pair of Louboutins. They look gorgeous on you! Which Louboutins do you prefer? I saw a pair of OTK boots last year and could have gone into bankruptcy over them, Louboutons are so it. I have a similar size to you, a 41, would like to know thoughts about sizing. Enjoy, and thanks sharing the photos! Mtnsofheels

Don't sweat it. The mods will eventually remove the duplicate post. It sometimes happens when connections aren't that great.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Well Majo.

You have very likely right in that Louboutin base their heelheight on size 37.

But!

I have two pairs Alti 160 mm. One pair brand new size 42 and a pair of 2 year old size 41. The heel of the elderly couple in size 41 is actually higher than the new...

Robert!

Looking only height, I recommend Alejandro Ingelmo. My pumps/slingbacks both have a heel of 15.5 cm, with a 35 mm platform.

...Thanks for the explanations. I'm aware that bigger sizes are likely to have a higher heel to keep the same proportions which is good..

I really love most high designershoes, and the Pigalle stays one of the most beautiful designs of heels I think and effectively still one of the highest designerheels...

Those Alejandro Ingelmo shoes are really great too!! I didn't know his shoes. I love the "Grace" and "Sophia" shoes, awesome!!!:irked: But then again also these have effectively a 4"/10cm heel (resp. 120mm heel with 20mm platform and 140mm heel with 40mm platform)

So as most magazines cry out that the trend of the heels gets higher and higher and more difficult to wear anymore, it's most of all the platform that gets higher to achieve a higher heel, but effectively all heels stay about that 4-4.5" and finding among all these designershoes a shoe with a 'true' 5" heel or higher is not easy as I love that beautiful foot-position in a 'true' 5" heel.. (or 5.5" in size 40-42 or even 6" in sizes 44+ for the men that want to feel the same experience in height and arch..)

Anyone compared the Pigalle vs Pigalle Plato? Is the Pigalle Plato heel effectively exactly the same as the 'normal' Pigalle for example? If so, does the platform/total height of the shoe makes them even more difficult to walk in than the original Pigalle or about the same also?

Roberto

So as most magazines cry out that the trend of the heels gets higher and higher and more difficult to wear anymore, it's most of all the platform that gets higher to achieve a higher heel, but effectively all heels stay about that 4-4.5" and finding among all these designershoes a shoe with a 'true' 5" heel or higher is not easy as I love that beautiful foot-position in a 'true' 5" heel.. (or 5.5" in size 40-42 or even 6" in sizes 44+ for the men that want to feel the same experience in height and arch..)

Roberto

I think I maybe found one designer who made a true 5" heel with platform.

I found these pictures of Eva Herzigova during the last Cannes festival. Looking at her arches it really looks this time that we have at least a true 5" here.

Here are two pages about this:

http://celebutopia.net/forum/64th-annual-cannes-film-festival/eva-herzigova-arrives-for-the-screening-of-the-conquest-at-the-64th-internationa/msg1261359/#msg1261359

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/2t9v6iv8529bsuqyyzj7cyqy2ym2lhg5

After hard research I found that the designer is Giuseppe Zanotti and the model is shown here:

http://www.giuseppezanottidesign.com/item/store/GIUSEPPE+ZANOTTI+DESIGN/tskay/B42C73F0/gender/D/season/main/rr/1/cod10/44315062GQ/areaid//sts/

Unfortunately again, it doesn't seem it could be a true 5". Anyway it looks like, and quite nice...

Pictures can be seen in better resolution by our http://www.beverlyheel.blogspot.com/ or Flickr accounts

Wow wow wow, lovely shoes! Congratulations on you fantastic purchase. They look great on you, i bet you can't wait to go out and show them off! They are very similar to my avatar picture :irked:

• 1 month later...

Hi Pierced, Those are great looking shoes. Congratulations on getting them. The discussion on size variations also interested me. I heard that CLs ran a bit off. My wife is US 8 1/2. According to the charts that translates into a 39. Presuming she bought a style that she would want to wear for several hours, what are the thoughts here about the appropriate size. Thanks for your help. Chuck

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some photos of the very high Choos. They are all listed as pretty much 5 inches actual rise on Net A Porter's web site. I'd love to see them in person and try them on... I might have to go to one of their shops next time I'm up London. : )

post-9545-133522955874_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522955882_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522955889_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522955896_thumb.jpg

Jimmy Choo has some gorgeous high styles too, I love them, very classy! And he sticks to the towering height too (I hope) :)

All shoes are nevertheless just not exceeding the 5"mark, most are maximum 6" heel with a 1.25" platform so maximum 4.75" arch.. (in size 39? so mabe in size 41 they get close to full 5"?)

However they are gorgeous heels anyway!...

I hope the designers would dare to exceed that 5" mark and not just adding more platform as in the Louboutin Daffodile (which are very sexy too nevertheless!)

I think one of the few 'real' 5"+ heels are surprisingly without any platform: the Louboutin Pigalle and Casadei stiletto... (however they come also in a lower style in some shops)http://www.shoptheshoebox.com/patent-pump/24848/177783

http://shoerazzi.com/selena-gomez-in-casadei/

adding a 1.75" platform in these would create an awesome 7" designerheel with a gorgeous sexy arch and stiletto heel! A real challenge for any celeb/woman that wants to stand out!:)

3 of the Jimmy's I posted are listed as having a 5 inch rise. Take the size of the shoes into account as the rise will vary depending on the shoe size. There's a damn good reason shoes most shoes don't go higher than a 4.5" to 5" rise in normal sizes (max EU 41) and that's because any higher and no mortal beings could walk.

• 2 weeks later...