Rosie Huntington-Whiteley - Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Aside from this iteration of Transformers: Dark of the Moon being very much worth watching, the new love interest for Sam Witwicki was Carly, played by Victoria's Secret model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

Throughout the movie, especially in the action scenes, she's in heels. The first scene though, definitely got my attention when I saw the Christian Louboutin red soles she was wearing (Pigalle I believe). Check it out (if you haven't already)

Also, I loved this quote from her when I read about this prior to the premiere:

[on being taller than her co-star Shia LaBeouf] I had to wear heels the whole way through filming, when it came to our kissing scene, I said 'Please Michael, let me take my shoes off. I feel so unelegant and I feel so unfeminine,' ... and he said 'No. You're giving small men across America hope.'

If you look where she's climbing the scrap heap to talk to Megatron, she's in flats. The scene cuts away from her, and then back, and she's in heels again. I was pretty much drooling over her shoes throughout the movie.

If you look where she's climbing the scrap heap to talk to Megatron, she's in flats. The scene cuts away from her, and then back, and she's in heels again.

I've noticed that before in a number of movies. It seems it's quite common that a high heel is changed to a flat between cuts in movies when action is taking place. I assume the director's thik it won't be noticed. Probably isn't by most people, but heel lovers like me are eagle eyed to such things.

My respect goes to those ladies that perform their action stunts in the same heels.

If you look where she's climbing the scrap heap to talk to Megatron, she's in flats. The scene cuts away from her, and then back, and she's in heels again. I was pretty much drooling over her shoes throughout the movie.

I'm with you on that I was watching to see what kind of heels she'll be wearing throughout the movie. There were a few scenes like that, especially in the building scene in Chicago, where you can see her in flats and heels. I think there was also a time in the penthouse scene where they panned to her in a shot wearing a different colored pair of heels, then progressing and they change.

Yep - saw it last night and drooled the whole way through. Loboutins in the beggining, and some lovely sandals, then on to the usual Michael Bay staple of black high heel shoes while she roams round Chicago (and the usual terrible continuity errors of flats/heels and even a differnt pair at one point, as already pointed out below). Michael Bay clearly has a high heel fetish. Not complaining of course, because so do we :irked:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm not the only one who noticed that her shoes visibly changed from heels to flats during this movie. I can understand that this happens often in many movies/tv-shows for practical reasons, but that creates a lot of continuity mistakes. In this movie, I guess it could be explained that her shoes were Transformers as well (hey, they have two of those living in their house, so why not?), transforming from heels into flats when need be.

Indeed, we have seen a lot of heels in big action movies lately. Gwyneth Paltrow's shoes in Iron man were nice, but I think my favorite are Olivia Wilde's wedge boots in Tron Legacy (also featuring some very unusual platform pumps).