Shopping and Eating in heels.

Hi everyone, when I am working out of town and staying over I always bring a pair of boots with me. After my hard days work I checked in to a hotel and changed in to my 3" block heel brown knee high boots and my female boot cut jeans, I find the female cut of the jeans hang better over the boots. Anyway I left my room and went down to the reception area which was tiled and as I walked across it my heels made the most wonderful sound. I got outside and I walked about for about 30 minutes I dont think anyone noticed,it was late night shopping so I decided to go to the local shopping centre for something to eat. I got inside (more tiles) and walked around looking for somewhere to eat. I stopped at a small cafe and went in, I sat down at a table to look at the menu and the waitress came over with a big smile on her face, I thought she's happy.I ordered and she went back behind the counter and spoke to another girl looking over at me, I thought nothing of it. I moved in to the table and made myself comfortable, then the second girl came over right to the corner of my table to check something with my order, there was nothing different with the order and as she left she was looking down !!she went over to the other girl and spoke to her, this was when the penny dropped. When the first girl came over I was sitting on the outside of the table looking at the menu with my legs crossed and the heels of my boots were showing, she must have told the second girl and she came over for a look, but I had moved to the inside of the table so she was out of luck. I thought to myself if the second girl comes back with my order that I would oblige her with a look at my boots. Sure enough she did and I moved out a bit and pulled my jeans up a bit, when she put the food on the table I noticed she looked down and seen my boots, she asked if everything was ok ,I said yes, and she walked away red faced. I finished my meal paid and left, I could see them watching me as I left. I had noticed a few shoe shops in the centre earlier and I wanted to go back to one of them,when I went in there was about 3 people in the shop and I started to look around, the sales girl came over and asked if I needed any help, I said not at the moment. I picked a pair I liked and ask her for a pair in size 40/41 not sure if I was going to try them on in the shop. She came back and to my amazement said that the heels on the new ones were similar to the pair I had on, and she asked me if I wanted to try them on, with a quick scan of the shop I said yes please. They did not feel comfortable on so I did not buy them, I thanked her for her help and left. This just goes to show that people don't care or notice what you wear on your feet. I enjoyed my long walk back to the hotel thinking about what had just happened. Happy Heeling, Booted up.

• Like 1

Thanks BootedUp, That sounds pretty typical of an experience. Most people are sheep, they'll look up ad probably will not make a sound and then go back to eating their grass and watch the world go by. If someone does say something it'll be positive the vast majority of the time. Their reaction was probably one of genuine surprise but the tables could have been easily turned had you asked one or both of them would they be red-faced if a woman came in wearing a man's work shirt, men's pants, and basketball sneakers?? Amazing double standard these red-faced people can't possibly defend. Keep up the good work.. and stay elevated! HappyinHeels:wavey:

Its just a shame that more people cant be like that and let others do and wear what they want without predudice.

Almost everybody let others wear what they want and mostly show little predudice. The barriers are mostly inside our own heads.

Almost everybody let others wear what they want and mostly show little predudice. The barriers are mostly inside our own heads.

I never would have believed that before I started wearing heels in public, but I totally agree now. Like BootedUp's story, sure we'll inevitably arouse some curiosity in those who notice (and rock their barriers a bit), but we mostly strive to push down our own barriers to end up doing pretty normal things. I mean, wearing my 5" black-suede strappy peeptoes to browse a department store on Oxford Street and then waiting to catch my bus home seemed like a huge deal to me, but I wonder how many hundreds of other people did exactly the same thing that day and every other day, some of us just happen to have a Y chromosome.

• Like 1

If you like it, wear it.

When I am eating alone in a restaurant, I like to get my legs in such a position that my heels (usually 4" stilettos) can be easily seen. It's amazing how many people come over for a chat, nearly always asking about the heels and nearly always in the friendliest way. I've made some good friends this way.

• Like 1

Well done BOOTED UP !

You said "people don't care or notice what you wear on your feet"

I would say "women always notice what you wear on your feet" and

"most men don't care or notice what another man is wearing on his feet"

( Unless they are pink stiletto heels or they make a lot of noise ... :) )

• 6 months later...
Almost everybody let others wear what they want and mostly show little predudice. The barriers are mostly inside our own heads./QUOTE]

I agree with the barriers issue. If you watch small children play together, they don't harbor prejudice and ill feelings towards each other. They learn that from their adult counterparts as a condition of growing up.

Too bad we can't stay as innocent as young children all our life.

Well done BOOTED UP !

You said "people don't care or notice what you wear on your feet"

I would say "women always notice what you wear on your feet" and

"most men don't care or notice what another man is wearing on his feet"

( Unless they are pink stiletto heels or they make a lot of noise ... :smile: )

I agree, except when men hear the clicking of stiletto heels, they do look and take notice.

Hi everyone,

when I am working out of town and staying over I always bring a pair of boots with me. After my hard days work I checked in to a hotel and changed in to my 3" block heel brown knee high boots and my female boot cut jeans, I find the female cut of the jeans hang better over the boots. Anyway I left my room and went down to the reception area which was tiled and as I walked across it my heels made the most wonderful sound. I got outside and I walked about for about 30 minutes I dont think anyone noticed,it was late night shopping so I decided to go to the local shopping centre for something to eat. I got inside (more tiles) and walked around looking for somewhere to eat.

I stopped at a small cafe and went in, I sat down at a table to look at the menu and the waitress came over with a big smile on her face, I thought she's happy.I ordered and she went back behind the counter and spoke to another girl looking over at me, I thought nothing of it. I moved in to the table and made myself comfortable, then the second girl came over right to the corner of my table to check something with my order, there was nothing different with the order and as she left she was looking down !!she went over to the other girl and spoke to her, this was when the penny dropped. When the first girl came over I was sitting on the outside of the table looking at the menu with my legs crossed and the heels of my boots were showing, she must have told the second girl and she came over for a look, but I had moved to the inside of the table so she was out of luck.

I thought to myself if the second girl comes back with my order that I would oblige her with a look at my boots. Sure enough she did and I moved out a bit and pulled my jeans up a bit, when she put the food on the table I noticed she looked down and seen my boots, she asked if everything was ok ,I said yes, and she walked away red faced.

I finished my meal paid and left, I could see them watching me as I left. I had noticed a few shoe shops in the centre earlier and I wanted to go back to one of them,when I went in there was about 3 people in the shop and I started to look around, the sales girl came over and asked if I needed any help, I said not at the moment. I picked a pair I liked and ask her for a pair in size 40/41 not sure if I was going to try them on in the shop. She came back and to my amazement said that the heels on the new ones were similar to the pair I had on, and she asked me if I wanted to try them on, with a quick scan of the shop I said yes please.

They did not feel comfortable on so I did not buy them, I thanked her for her help and left. This just goes to show that people don't care or notice what you wear on your feet. I enjoyed my long walk back to the hotel thinking about what had just happened.

Happy Heeling,

Booted up.

Wait until you've tried the same thing in 5" stiletto thigh boots, over your jeans! LOL

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.