Had an amazing weekend in Orlando

What's up everybody, I am typing this to let you all know that I had an amazing weekend in Orlando. I made it a complete heel wearing weekend although it was for two days. Around 2p.m. I was in Orlando to meet up with hhplace member Cassie J. We had met up at this restaurant called Bananas, but before I stepped out of the car for the first time I was so nervous getting out not knowing what to expect but I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. (Unfortunately through this story I will not have any photos but I will try to get some pics taken so you could get the idea of what I had on) I had on a blue muscle shirt on with a grey vest, grey studded belt, studded jeans, and my grey Natacha Marro oxford pumps on. Stepped in the restaurant heart was beating a bit but the waiter asked me if I need assistance and showed me to a table. I was starting to get at ease then about 2 or 3 minutes later Cassie J showed up and he was really cool. We talked about everything from what got us into heels;when do we use discretion; also certain styles of shoes. It was really great to speak with someone that has the same values and ideas about the love for heels. I went to my hotel in the same outfit just feeling care free. My Natacha Marros, I love them but they start to hurt after a little but I got my wear out of them for the day which was about 2 or 3 hours. Later on that day, I decided to put on something different I had a white Southpole tee shirt with silver graphics, distressed jeans, and my multi glitter jeffrey campbell lita platform boots. I had went to TGI Fridays to go get something to eat. Little did I realize that of course it being Friday it was jammed packed. It looked like the crowd was college students and mostly a group of blacks (they looked like were from the hood). So I thought to my self I would wait for the crowd to die down and then I would walk in .... After about 10 minutes it never died down so I was thinking about backing out but I felt like I traveled 2 hours to get hear this was not going to be an in vain visit. So I said a little chant to my self " 3 2 1 1 2 3 'F' this S#it I'm going to eat!!" So I started walking and this black family came walking out now over to my left this lady from that family was doing something trying to be funny it wasn't about me at the time but I didn't pay attention but there were also 2 kids within that group that I saw laughing I'm pretty sure that they were laughing at me but I thought to myself so what!!!! I went up to the front desk to see about getting at table regardless of all the people around me. I had a 15 minute wait. So I go to sit down in the waiting area there was a group of women one lady was looking down at my feet at this point I had a smirk on my face that I didn't care which I didn't but then later I had seen the lady and this other lady beside her start texting about what don't know or care. But the whole case in point is that I was able to walk in there with my head held high and not ashamed and O MY GOD!!! It felt so good!!!!! After dinner I went to this alternative club called Parliament House and that was pretty fun. The buliding was huge, the music was hot, and the environment was great. Plus my shoes were a hit there I kept hearing from people how they loved my shoes... The only con is that I got hit on hard by this one guy but I walked away. But for the most part this had to be the greatest day of my life if anyone has any questions or want to know specific details feel free to hit me up but I hope you enjoyed the story that I had told at this point.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

I forgot to mention that when I left out of TGI Fridays I had to walk through the aisle of tables. Had got outside and there was this black couple. As I was walking by I had seen the male whisper something in her ear about me and she started giggling. I kept walking and their heads were still cocked back looking at me walk. I didn't care because in my mind I thought the person that was acting more like a female was him because I apparently couldn't get out what he wanted to say out in the open so I was like screw him. Also I went to a CVS store to get some things and this lady asked me how did I walk in my boots and I told her a lot of practice. She was not rude about it as a matter of fact she told me to have a good weekend, that went a long way with me. But it is amazing what you can do when you are out of town.

sounds like you had a great time hiheellover23.....ahh natacha marro she is cool,she made me a pair of heeless boots! she is soo laid back! Regarding the jeffrey campbell lita platform boots they do look very 70's so cant really see why anyone would have a problem with them at all! Just one question,would it had made any difference to the people being white? just curious as you mentioned black quite a few times.This isnt being picky just trying to understand where you are coming from.All the black girls i have met have always been great regarding my shoes,strangely eastern european girls seem to be the most 'off ish'!!!! strange old world!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

sounds like you had a great time hiheellover23.....ahh natacha marro she is cool,she made me a pair of heeless boots! she is soo laid back!

Regarding the jeffrey campbell lita platform boots they do look very 70's so cant really see why anyone would have a problem with them at all!

Just one question,would it had made any difference to the people being white? just curious as you mentioned black quite a few times.This isnt being picky just trying to understand where you are coming from.All the black girls i have met have always been great regarding my shoes,strangely eastern european girls seem to be the most 'off ish'!!!! strange old world!

Well in my eyes not really because I'm not racist but caucasian that see a person in heels they will stare and either they will have they will respond or have a grimace but then go about their business. Now as far as African Americans (especially guys) they see something out of the norm they have to get overdramatic about things and have to draw more attention as far as making loud comments or laughing obnoxiously so other people can get in on the "joke". Being that I am African American that is just my take on the situation because sometimes most of us (African Americans) can be our worst enemies. That's why I made so much mention. Thanks for the question and response.

Maybe it's the hyper male image lots of blacks guys seem to be fixated on exuding. I have a few male gay black friends and they say they get the most trouble from heterosexual black guys. It's funny as black guys can 'get away' with far more outlandish clothing than most white men. Just go to an African wedding to see some of the amazing clothes and shoes some of the men wear. In fact many of the cultures that mock androgeny and the gender blurring that's going on today seem to have the most men that wear skirts and dress shaped garments as 'national dress'. Also if you can single out someone who shouts and rants and have a real good talk with them they often say they do it to be popular. That old classic 'bullies are the biggest cowards' routine. I view the world as lots of conflicting cultures and nationalities. Once upon a time there was the developed world and the non developed world. Now we have a shrinking 'jet age' planet with instant telecommunication and the internet making it smaller by the day. Enlightened people see the opportunities and unenlightened people see the threats and maybe get jealous of those that embrace the new and exciting. It's easier to stay in your 'rut' and go with the local crowd than do something that makes you happy and other people think. p.s. When feminism first took hold, some of the most vocal opponents were women!

Yep i see where you are coming from now! Always good to see a different perspective. I always hate seeing or bumping into a gang of young guys,at least when heeling...always puts me on the defensive.It seems heels are 'out of the ordinary'to them!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!