Corpus Christi in Mainz

Hansi1973

Today I chose the lace-up pumps with a comfortable, wide 10cm (4") heel:

Posted Image

This pic was shot at the spring on the market place, closed to the cathedral.

Becaus of the regional holiday ("Fronleichnam" = Corpus Christi), and the good weeather, there was good traffic of people walking by, strolling through the city.

Some irritated views, but no comments.

:)

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

Ich finde, dass da nix irritierend aussieht. Diese Absätze sind ohne Einschränkung gesellschaftsfähig!

Nur Mut und weiter so,

GruĂŸ

Ring

Google translate is you're friend :)

I think that because nothing looks irritating. These paragraphs are socially acceptable without restriction!

Take heart and keep it up,

greeting

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Google translate is you're friend :)

I think that because nothing looks irritating. These paragraphs are socially acceptable without restriction!

Take heart and keep it up,

greeting

That is a very poor translation.

Absatz is either paragraph or heel. And the first sentence is also a mess.

I find that they don't look irritating at all. These heels are without restriction

suitable for being around company.

Etc.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Nice look Hansi.The heels are really not that bad for irritated looks :) Google translates directly,not using the right syntax etc.In Afrikaans we have words with 3-4 meanings,it depends on the syntax and there for Google gives you that translation lol

Yes - the online translations are somehow funny. Like manuals for cheap electronic products.

Okay, these heels are indeed not that special. But if men wear shoes with more the 1" (2,5cm) is suspiscous. Regard all the articles concerning the height and heels of the French president Nicholas Sarkozy or Tom Cruise.

Every time, they show up in 1,5-2" heels - the yellow press is full of savaging articles.

"Is he not man enough? Does he have to betray of his height? ... blablabla..."

But I am not doing it for the height or for erotic purposes - just because I like those shoes. Maybe next time I wear classic pumps. Let´s see.

But what I want to show is that there should be no concern or let´s say: not that big concern, wearing heels in public.

You know, each time, wearing them in public makes me stronger, gives me more selfconscience. And this is something I want to share with other men who hesitate, to do it.

If you don´t live in a small village or in an very restrictive, conservative area - just go out! Drive some miles to the next, bigger city where nobody knows you and than go ahead!

I am already doing it in the city, I am living. Mainz is not really big (pouplation: ~200,000 people). I do not care if somebody sees me, who knows me. Even if my boss would see me. During my "time off" I can do what I want - if it is not against the law, offend against common decency. etc.

Here is a link to the heels with more details:

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=duo_boots_elena_p024udv.jpg

Google should know better. Absätze = Heels (not paragraphs - silly Google)

There are more meanings of "Absatz":

1. paragraph of a text/ document/ law

2. heel of shoes

3. Sales (sold quantity) / to market something

4. stair/ Treppen-Absatz = resting place

5. wall/ Mauer-Absatz or cornice/ molding (where "Gesims" is the better expression)

6. mantlepiece/ Kaminsims/ -Absatz

I think you can say in general: if there is a break/ cut or something is added (on top) or put aside, then "Absatz" might be the correct expression.

On the other side, if I google for "heels" I often get results like "North Carolina Tar Heels" or "Achilles heel" (=tendon). Or results and comments on Marianne Faithfull´s new album.

:)

Nice look Hansi.The heels are really not that bad for irritated looks :)

You should have seen the faces of my ex-colleagues, when I showed up on a party last year, one of them made to his birthday.

Especially because I am known for my still military style of walking (what some of the them call "goose step") when I am wearing shoes dedicated to men. So it was really incomprehensible for them, to see me for the first time in heels. They were all surprised, started laughing, but they really knew me, so noone came to the idea or question "are you gay?". At the end they just looked at me with a little smile.

Let´s see, when we will meet this year for bbq what kind of heels I will wear then!

You should have seen the faces of my ex-colleagues, when I showed up on a party last year, one of them made to his birthday.

Especially because I am known for my still military style of walking (what some of the them call "goose step") when I am wearing shoes dedicated to men. So it was really incomprehensible for them, to see me for the first time in heels. They were all surprised, started laughing, but they really knew me, so noone came to the idea or question "are you gay?". At the end they just looked at me with a little smile.

Let´s see, when we will meet this year for bbq what kind of heels I will wear then!

I can imagine.I really suprised my friend the first time I went to his house in heels.Wore the boots in my avatar,but same with you,he knew me good and Im his best friend,so he says lol.So it really didnt bother him,since then Ive been over to him a few times in heels. Keep us updated about those BBQ's :) all will go well since you broke the first barrier.

Hi Hansi1973, Good for you and getting out wearing some heels, even if they are not stilettos but they look good on you and as long as you feel really good doing that is all most of us want. Keep it up and it will get better! Look forward to the seeing your next pictures! Mtnsofheels

Hi Hansi1973,

Good for you and getting out wearing some heels, even if they are not stilettos but they look good on you and as long as you feel really good doing that is all most of us want. Keep it up and it will get better!

Look forward to the seeing your next pictures!

Mtnsofheels

That says it all. As long as you are comfortable wearing them and having fun wearing them, that is all that matters. Good luck on future outings.