Pregnant & Heel's.

Leigh

Hi Leigh,

I have experiences with two childs. What do you want to know?

Was looking for info regarding if its possible to still wear 4 to 6 inch heel's during pregnancy and also what advice people have on the fact if one should wear heels or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I had contact with Liane from Vienna (her english is not too good but she is willing to participate in the forum and I will try to translate from time to time). She just turned 19 and was wearing high heels during her two pregnancies (15 1/2 and 17 y o). With her first girl she was not really aware that she was pregnant for the first 4 month and was to vain to wear flat shoes. Not until 2 weeks befor her delvery she wore less pointed and high shoes (boots with block heels and 5 cm heels). With her second girl she was allready used to wearing high heels so much, that she found it uncomfortable to wear shoes with less than 10-12 cm. She said that it really changed the shape of her feet and toes (she thinks to a more feminine look). We discussed the impact, I think it also made sense that she (and her feet) was still growing during her first pregnancy. She started wearing heels on a regular basis age 12. When walking became painful (esp. on her toes) around month 5 she also didnt had enough money to buy new (and prob. larger sized) pumps. Her doctor told her several times that due to the weaker connective tissue during pregnancies also the feet and toes shape get (de-)formed more easy and she should wear more "reasonable" shoes but she refused due to vanity (and she was in an age were she allways had done the opposite of what "grown-ups" told her). If you want to know more write here (or PM her or me for translation). Are you pregnant, Leigh? Love Susi (with greetings from Liane)

I put away the high heels for pregnancies. I wore mostly wedge heels with no more than 2 1/2 inch heel height. I also wore compression stockings. After the babies, then I went back to the sheers and higher heels.

• 7 years later...

Old thread, I know, but I just had to reply!

Wearing heels (even chunky heels) is not a good idea during pregnancy. Your weight increases and your body shape and center of gravity change, which make you walk less steadily. And ligaments tend to be looser during pregnancy, which can lead to joint instability and muscle strain. Plus, a fall during pregnancy could hurt you and possibly your baby. If you do decide to wear heels, consider wearing lower and sturdier ones as your pregnancy progresses, and remember to place comfort and safety over fashion. It's only 9 months - best to stick with flats, your heels will be waiting for you afterwards!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/20/2021 at 12:43 AM, KatieS said:

I’ve never been pregnant, but I won’t stop wearing heals if I do.  My feet can’t handle barefoot.

When you are pregnant your whole value system changes, suddenly your unborn will become the most important part of your life. You will do anything to protect it, maybe even give up heels.