Unusual High Heel Shoes

Sarah

The picture of the "shoes racks" is taken either in a shoe store ( called Heels on the racks), a theater costume department /prop room or Imelda Marcos's closet. :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a nice unusual mainstream shoe with a metal heel just sold on eBay, late bidding sadly too strong for me to get involved.

Purists who dislike platforms might not like them too much because of the thin wooden base:

Posted Image

Described as 'not for doing the shopping in', I'm sure our galls would have taken up the challenge. They were exactly Laurie's size too, so she just missed out on a present! :(

/I

/I

I saw those shoes in a number of independant teenager-clothing type shops back in the Summer of 2001. That curved metal heel was securely fixed to the wooden underside of the shoe with several ordinary looking, but quite substantial, self tapping screws. I only ever saw one girl actually wearing them on a night out.

I bought a pair like these (but in black) in a discount store in Leicester last year. Allowing for the platform the instep was equivalent to a 5" heel and they were reasonably stable - despite the strange heel arrangement. I never wore them out (I never go out in my heels - still trying to overcome that little hurdle) and binned them just a few months ago to make way for a proper pair of 5" heels. Nice shoes though. Zathrus

......and binned them just a few months ago to make way for a proper pair of 5" heels. Zathrus

Binned them??? You should start flogging your surplus stock on eBay, you might even have made a profit on these and funded some new styles nicely!!

Of course some of us have shoe museums rather than collections... :(

/I

/I

I had to lose the shoes quickly so binning them was easier.

:(

Or at the very least given then to a charity shop so that money would go to a good cause, and someone else would still have the pleasure of wearing them.