What, exactly, are the rules?

Oh, my. I like some of the comments talking about what their kids would have to see had he been on their plane. I can only hope they would be just as vocal had he been a she. Sorry, but male or female, that's just a little too revealing for public, I think. I think both should have been left off the plane. :)

That... is... Crazy. I must be honest, and no one bash me for saying this... The photo of the man.... I believe there's a line to cross-dressing that we, as men, shouldn't cross. What the guy was wearing was a little too far. I'm not saying he should stop it altogether; it's just...no. Do your thing, just with longer clothing on. What he was wearing seems like it should be done in private and not for the world to see or even laugh at. But, to the story... I was looking at the comments, and one person said that maybe "he (the cross-dresser) was trying to prove a point" and the point he mentioned was regarding the TSA and the employees, and I agreed with him on it. If only I could collect my thoughts on That issue...

Formally "HHDude"

He is a complete lettuce! Who does he think he is to believe that his attire is decent let alone acceptable! I would have barred him out of hand and let the urban hip-hopster on without comment.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

My guess is that it was so blatantly provocative that nobody wanted to touch the subject with a 10 foot pole. If it would have been a woman in a bikini they would have said something. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I work at the airport so glad I haven't seen someone like that come by. Me and the fellow workers would die laughing :) wich I can't cause I walk in high heels .... (well not in work)

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

I personally think that wether the man dressed in ladies underwear was serious or not, he has the right to wear what he wants and if he makes people go home and say "omg you'll never guess what i saw" then good on him! This guy with his pants below his arse on the other hand, i would have a problem with. He was apparently dressed in a manor that is associated with street gangs and violence. Plus the fact that he was so adoment that he would not pull up his pants or get out of his seat when requested shows his blatent disregard to public authority.

I personally think that wether the man dressed in ladies underwear was serious or not, he has the right to wear what he wants and if he makes people go home and say "omg you'll never guess what i saw" then good on him!

This guy with his pants below his arse on the other hand, i would have a problem with. He was apparently dressed in a manor that is associated with street gangs and violence. Plus the fact that he was so adoment that he would not pull up his pants or get out of his seat when requested shows his blatent disregard to public authority.

Now this is something I wasn't expecting....

I rather just await further comments before possibly replying.

Formally "HHDude"

He is a complete lettuce! Who does he think he is to believe that his attire is decent let alone acceptable!

I would have barred him out of hand and let the urban hip-hopster on without comment.

I have always been one to preach here at High Heel Place, wear what you want, express yourself, and be comfortable wearing what you want. But in this case, I agree with Dr. Shoe. When I first looked at the photo, the first thing I noticed was the bikini brief he was wearing, and that alone, to me, was very bothersome and something should have been said to him, if nothing else, about that. And the young man should not have been hassled unless he caused a major disturbance when asked to pull up his pants. But if I had been the young man and seen the other man, I would have asked if they were going to say something to him.

Even though I do not like baggy pants hip hop style; this guy was somehow fully dressed instead of this lunatic in garters, bikini and heels.

In most "civilized" cultures, undergarments are not treat as normal clothes.

And I guess, if he had shown up, just wearing boxer shorts and a tank shirt, tennis socks and bathing shoes - they would definetely asked him, to dress completely or he would be rejected from this flight.

I believe there's a line to cross-dressing that we, as men, shouldn't cross. What the guy was wearing was a little too far. I'm not saying he should stop

I do not (fully) agree with you. If he had worn a skirt and a blouse/ shirt - it would be "cross dressed", but DRESSED!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

I think they both probably should have been kicked off. The one that won't pull up his pants because one nobody wants to see that much of your underwear. The crossdressing I don't have a problem with but he should have worn some pants/shorts/skirt over the bottom part. I have seen girls get away with the top so not that bad. Stockings and heels perfectly fine. But like the guy who won't pull up his pants. No one wants to see that much of your underwear.

I agree with most here.If you go out in public its just decent and civilized to be dressed fully and not in something like that.If you want to cross-dress go for it,just look civilized,unlike that nutcase.Re bikinis on women,I feel that they are meant for outside wear in public,not underwear.

While I am really not a fan of the baggy pants look (hasn't that look died yet?) I feel the employee asking the guy to lift his pants was inappropriate. The guy was just showing some of his boxer shorts, which normally just look like shorts, so I feel the guy was probably completely covered. However, the guy probably should have just complied... I mean there is a time to stand up for yourself and a time to say "is all of this really worth it?" I mean if an employee asks me to switch seats or adjust my clothing for whatever reason, you are technically supposed to comply, its a federal regulation. It might tee me off, I might protest a little, but I would stop at the point where it might get me thrown in jail and risk having federal charges on me. I mean, don't be stupid for the sake of standing up for something. The guy with the ladies underwear, well, that little display just gives any crossdresser a bad name, it is tasteless, and disgusting. He should have been asked to cover up. I agree that a woman would have been asked to cover up if she had worn the same thing. Its not at all appropriate for public, especially a flight where a kid could have been sitting next to him.

Maybe he did it to avoid being groped by the TSA.

Interesting angle... If everyone flew dressed like this or similar we'd save a fortune in airline security. lol

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Let's step back and look at these stories from a different angle: From an airline point of view, high heels on a guy are now more socially acceptable than saggy, baggy pants! A local mall here has even banned saggy, baggy pants at their mall. I say, chalk one up for our side for a change.