Low Heels is it worth it

new_look

I dont know about other people, but as we lads are usually gonna get stick for doing what we wanna do most, I find it daft to wear low heels as i can hardly tell that theres a heel there. I like to feel a nice change in my balance and walk otherwise the pressures of been a shy new guy overweigh the pleasure. To me the smaller heels arent really worth the effort. would anyone agree

What do you consider low heels? I started wearing women's 1inch loafers at work. They certantly won't turn heads and after a while they look and feel like a man's shoe, but I know they are women's shoes and are in fact higher than a man's shoe. I won't wear heels because a) I am working at a DOD government installation (don't think it would be a good idea) and :lol: as a previous member stated, I am representing my company not myself so I don't want to leave bad inpressions. On the other hand for my personal time, I started wearing 2inch heels, 4 inch block heels (they didn't feel as much like heels because the toe and the heel are raised) and now 3 inch heels which feel very much like a woman's heel because only my heel is raised. Others might say that is low because they wear 4 inch/5 inch pumps, and another might say only 8 inch spikes are high. So I guess it depends on what you are defining as "high" and what you are comfortable with. For what it is worth, I am not a "slim" guy either and I do just find with the shoes I am wearing. I say if you like it and it makes you feel good/comfortable/confident, go for it. No one notices and if they do, so what. It's your life, go for it. Scotty (newbe convert to street-heeling)

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't agree. However, to each his own. I, for one, would love to see you walking briskly down the sidewalk in the heart of London wearing a pair of pink pumps with 6" heels. Talk about being courageous. But then, perhaps I don’t really understand your post.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think that lower heels are a more practical way to start, and also make a nice change. I love evenings out in my 4" heels, but I've also enjoyed spending all day and all evening in my 2.25" Chelsea boots. Both are enjoyable, just different. At the moment I've got some 3" wedge heel boots on, which I'll probably wear most of the day. I bought them deliberately as all-day wear. If I could, I'd try to wear 4" all day, but I doubt I'll get there for a while. In the meantime, practical lower heels are a good way for me to go. As for pink 6" courts - well, pink isn't really my colour, but I know someone who might be convinced :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

maybe i was misunderstood. it was late :lol:. I meant low as in referring to a say 1 or 2 inch heel. my highest shoes are 4.5 inch so i wouldbt say i was speaking for the fetish 9 inch platform community, i just meant that you can hardly tell youre wearing a 2 inch heel, i prefer say about 4 inches or a bit above to get the feeling i like

I think it is something you have to work into both physically and confidence. For work I won't wear anything higher than my current 1 inch (although I am toying with the idea of a higher "winter boot"), personally, when I am away from home I am definitely going to wear my 3 inches(for now until I get more confidence to go higher), at home I have to see how the Mrs feels comfortably. So far she has been very supportive, I don't want to ailenate her by rushing her too fast into all this. As far as how slim or non-slim you are, I would say don't let that be a factor unless you physically can't walk in anything higher. If that is the case, I say you just need to build up until you ankles are strong enough to support it. As far as looks, I wouldn't worry, just be yourself and be comfortable. Scotty

I have loads of 4"stilletoes and some 3" ones. I also have 2 pairs of court shoes with 2.5" heels that have a base that is about 3/4 " wide. These shoes are good for wearing out in the country on uneven and soft ground. I would prefere to wear court shoes that have 2.5" to 3" block heels in this situation, unfortunatly I can't get them in my size. (mens 12 UK) 4" stilletoes are wonderful, but the clatter they make when you walk in them soon gets everyones attention, not good if you are trying to be discreet about your heel wearing.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

I think lower heels are definately worth it!

The highest pair of heels (excluding the platform effect) I've ever owned in which I could comfortably walk was 5 inches (measured). But I could only wear them around the house, as after walking in them any distance, my ankles and the ball of my foot began to hurt.

My current favorites are Franco Sarto Volta boots. Although the caption says they have a 3" heel, in my size it's actually 3.75" (measured). I wear them with a pair of insoles and medium-thickness cotton sock so I can wear them literally all day. In fact, I once walked about five miles back and forth between one of the convention centers here in Vegas and the strip - they're definately comfortable boots!

Other than boots, the only other heels I wear are sandals. Some have chunkier heels, but a few have tapered heels.

All the heels I wear in either private or public, however, have heels of four inches or less. Most of them are somewhere between 3" and 4".

For me, it's just no fun wearing heels for any length of time when they hurt my feet!

Posted Image

Actually, since it's been cooler, here, I forgot about my collection of women's sandals. They're standard 1/2" to 2" heeled leather-strapped sandals. Except for a slightly higher heel, they could be found in the men's section of more progressive stores (as they have more slender straps and toe thongs/rings).