saw this news story on the internet

Mr. X

I seen once maybe twice seeing male class mates wear a dress to school. They were just sent home to change, maybe one days detention.

Mr. X have you seen this thread yet? (Oh, add on here) you might not be able to see the whole thing but check out any ways.

http://www.hhplace.org/hhplace_cafe_-_general_chit_chat/19911-nadeleeh_navajo_two_spirits.html

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

hoverfly, Thank you for posting this, I'm posting this on Facebook, EQUALITY in FASHION

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

This is a case of the school district flexing their muscles on a non-issue. If you took a poll, you would see that the majority of his class mates or their parents would not care what he wore to school.

Thinking it over, It appearers more women go bonkers over men wearing heel Vs a dress. I wonder if it was a conservative town?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Thinking it over, It appearers more women go bonkers over men wearing heel Vs a dress. I wonder if it was a conservative town?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was. If it was just the shoes, he might've gotten away with it, sadly, the dress brought way too much attention to himself. However, chances are 99 percent of the kids at that school probably didn't give a damn what he wore (and for the record, he looked cute), as usual, it was the so-called adults that collectively got their panties in a bunch over the situation and brought the hammer down on him. Sadly, and annoyingly typical.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It seems like a typical reaction for a school district, although they did let him back even with the dress. Maybe they realized that they over reacted. I'm impressed with the kid. Wish I had such an unfazed attitude as him.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Remember that it is far more difficult for an individual in high school to wear clothing that is "out of the norm" due to extreme social pressure from peers, than it is for us men in heels. Remember that this is where social programming occurs. Whoa to anyone expressing individuality.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I really admire the individuality and attitude of this young man. Talk about free spirit. I am curious if he had just worn his Mom's high heels with one of the outfits he normally wears to school, if he would have gotten the same reaction from faculty and staff.

Mr. X have you seen this thread yet? (Oh, add on here) you might not be able to see the whole thing but check out any ways.

http://www.hhplace.org/hhplace_cafe_-_general_chit_chat/19911-nadeleeh_navajo_two_spirits.html

The video is not available to me. But thanks for the link anyway. Sounds interesting.

Remember that it is far more difficult for an individual in high school to wear clothing that is "out of the norm" due to extreme social pressure from peers, than it is for us men in heels. Remember that this is where social programming occurs. Whoa to anyone expressing individuality.

That is so true Shafted.

I thought the boy in 9th grade was very pretty. He had a slim figure and didn't look that tall (without heels.) Also, despite the color, his hair was very nice. A boy with that shape and figure would look good in a dress and heels.....and he certainly did!

In the end, the school just couldn't make a case that stuck. The reacted out of shock and looked like fools in the end. It's the same fight the women faced when they donned pants. I'm not into dresses myself, but have to say that he looked good in the thing. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

you know, i live in a HUGELY populated area and we had a number of so called "gpth guys" that decided periodically to come to school in dresses, heels, fishnets, full makeup, and carrying a purse, and noe of this happened to them, and you talk about distractions, there were some of them that passed and you wouldnt know they were really guys, so idk why this township threw a fit, its NOT like he did anything wrong, the ACLU needs to get involved in this, just like they did in the late 90's abt a girl wearing a pentacle to school showing her wiccan faith, this kid that wore heels and a dress, and his mom could sue the school district with the help of the ACLU and it could mean a BIG STEP in society for the freedom for men to wear high heels, and express themselves

I'd rather the kid in a dress then .. One of those kids with the jeans hanging below their butt with their drawers/knickers/britches/underware hanging out.. with the baseball cap on sideways over the top of a bandana thingi on their head..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

This is great. I wore a dress to my school when I was his age as well (although it was Halloween, though I was still the only person in the whole school to dress up lol). Great to see someone else pushing the boundaries, as that's the only way we'll make it less of a taboo. It seems he got quite a bit of a support too, which is cool. It makes me happy to see someone his age not being afraid to be himself.

I disagree with the punishment he got but think if he only went with a low heels and that is all then he probably won't got into as much trouble. I know some schools do have a rule about heel height. And those he wore looked 5+ inch in addition to a dress.

Very gutsy boy. Wish I was able to go to the school he did. I would have been expelled instantly at the private school I went to, haha. I gotta say: I kinda fancy a pair of the heels he had on. But kudos to him for being quite daring even before this. It's definitely his showing his individuality, setting the stage for us all, I bet.

Formally "HHDude"

I feel he should of had to change shoes they were a bit high for school. High school is not the place to wear heels by girls or boys. The school system around my home will not let any student wear anything over a 2 1/2 in heel. I agree with this rule from a safety stand point. He should have worn the heels to the dance if he was able to attend.He could have worn the outfit shopping with his mother all day . He could have fulfilled his challenge that way. I expect he already dresses up when with his "mommy". My opinion is , he has worn heels before he walks very well in them. Attention was most likely his motive. However, I did like the style of dress and loved the shoes.

I'm grateful for this thread for bringing attention to this incident of a boy wearing heels, but the supposive well-informed major media doesn't seem to think incidences like these are worth airing as intensively as the behind the stories of the social notables. When men in heels are more noted than the social gossip, then the rights of individual choices can be better addressed. Lately, there seems to be more incidences where males are noted for wearing heels, which makes me believe there is a trend in progress. Let's continue our part in this trend.

I actually watched the video fully this time. And he could have just worn them all day on the weekend to do his mom's challenge. It did look like the school district was trying to cover up for the school over reaction. But didn't want to say the school was at fault. Shame he missed some of his school last day activities.