NADELEEH Navajo for TWO SPIRITS

Less than one hour long, I highly recommend for every one to watch.

Independent Lens Two Spirits on PBS link expires 6/21/11 Most likely for U.S. only.

Official web sight Two Spirits.org

"The tragic story of a mother’s loss of her child to a brutal murder has challenged us to answer the question she raised, “Why are people killed for being who they are?” And learning that there was a time when the world wasn’t simply divided into male and female, and that there is a place of honor in many Native American cultures for people across a spectrum of sexuality and gender expression, has been a gift."

Feel free to discuss. :)

The only question I have does one have to be "gay" to have mescaline or feminine features? Or does it include the sexually straight as well?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Wow!!! I watched part of the film on your PBS link. It appears that many of the native tribes had it together far more than our dominant Western culture. If only most people would use the brain they were given, we would live in a far different world. Very powerful documentary.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Less than one hour long, I highly recommend for every one to watch.

Independent Lens Two Spirits on PBS link expires 6/21/11 Most likely for U.S. only.

Official web sight Two Spirits.org

"The tragic story of a mother’s loss of her child to a brutal murder has challenged us to answer the question she raised, “Why are people killed for being who they are?” And learning that there was a time when the world wasn’t simply divided into male and female, and that there is a place of honor in many Native American cultures for people across a spectrum of sexuality and gender expression, has been a gift."

Feel free to discuss. :)

The only question I have does one have to be "gay" to have mescaline or feminine features? Or does it include the sexually straight as well?

One does not have to be gay to have both features. The slightest appearance that one looks gay and then you are labeled as such.

Very powerful film.

Narrow minded people want to destroy that which they do not want to comprehend. Unfortunately though a minority, they are often the most vocal.

classic style high heel boots

The films blocked for the uk but the home site is showing small sections. Following the links the world gender map is interesting, Iran is quite surprising. Nice find Al PS. Hoverfly........... Mescaline or Masculine?

I meant Masculine and left the I out in Nadleehi in the title. Dou'h! There is a DVD for for sale for those who are unable to watch the full version.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Very powerful film.

Narrow minded people want to destroy that which they do not want to comprehend. Unfortunately though a minority, they are often the most vocal.

Narrow minded people to me are mostly sheep. I know many people personally who think life is black and white, they do not believe in shades of gray.

Not all but I believe many religions may be the devil it's self, Christianity seems to be the narrowness in the discipline of all.

Thanks hoverfly! It is eye opening to learn how other cultures view and approach life. The concept of a Nadleehi isn't as foreign as one tends to think. I didn't grow up in any of the American Indian cultures, which is obviously my loss, but I have some of the same opinions about what makes a person. For humanity to create offspring, there needs to be two sexes, but gender is the result generated as the personality develops. One's reproductive assignment may come into play with this development, but the degree of their gender identity and mannerisms are of their own making. The attitude of those around us may have helped us adapt better to what society expects, but these are temporary reflexes that usually becomes stock reactions when they seem to be needed for compliance and social acceptance. Otherwise, our own personality chooses the course of thought and action as we live. This fact alone lets me know that the gender gap is a social creation to cause discrimination between men ans women. The young children don't really care what a person's sex is until an older person points out the physical and social differences. Of course, I was myth and jealous that my sister could wear the shoes I wanted to wear, but I had to be sneaky and down right deceptive, in order to get my chances to wear them. I have a real aching for those who have to suffer because of the stupidity of and disregard for the sanctity of life. For those who believe in life after death, Fred and every one else will be there. At that time, I have faith there will be a reckoning for those who stole another's mortality.

"The only question I have does one have to be "gay" to have mescaline or feminine features? Or does it include the sexually straight as well?" That is a deep question and I think it would be Yes it dose include straight.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

"The only question I have does one have to be "gay" to have mescaline or feminine features? Or does it include the sexually straight as well?"

That is a deep question and I think it would be Yes it dose include straight.

Then the documentary missed a very big point.

Thanks for sharing that hoverfly... Really an interesting video, gives a lot to think about. There are so many in our 'modern' society that don't understand those that are different and can be so mean, hateful, or worse.

For those who believe in life after death, Fred and every one else will be there. At that time, I have faith there will be a reckoning for those who stole another's mortality.

You're on the money there, Hi. Ask any legitimate medium/psychic (they do exist. A woman who is one is an old friend.) Killing folks is one GIANT no-no. Gotta' watch that negative karma....its got one helluva kick to it!

UpBy5

• 1 month later...

Any one who has not been able to watch the video can down load it form I-Tunes as well. Any body want a copy and unable to get it, give me a ring.

• 10 months later...

I lived not too far from where all this happened. There is still today what is called now prejudice among dine' (the people) Navajo language. It was a tragic news story. However the people continue to live in the manner they are accustomed to on the reservation. I do know many Navajo who are personal friends. The ones that live the lifestyle of "gay" is not widely publisized. Yet it is known. It is sad it has to be this way. But the Tribal Elders keep it that way. Their word is law.

I lived not too far from where all this happened. There is still today what is called now prejudice among dine' (the people) Navajo language. It was a tragic news story. However the people continue to live in the manner they are accustomed to on the reservation. I do know many Navajo who are personal friends. The ones that live the lifestyle of "gay" is not widely publisized. Yet it is known. It is sad it has to be this way. But the Tribal Elders keep it that way. Their word is law.

I don't know if you watched the doc, but do you mean "Christianity law". The elders were brain washed long time ago.