Supermarket Shopping

keels

Today I plucked up courage and did my weekly supermarket shop wearing a pair of womens shoes. Everyone in the shop was so intent on their shopping that no one even noticed. I have heard it said before that the best place to hide is in a crowd, this certainly proved it to me. A great experience.

Well done Keels ! Heeling in supermarkets is lots of fun. They are a great place as you can be discrete in the beginning by walking quietly, moving around a corner or into a new aisle if your courage is low. As you gain confidence you can choose to get closer to people, make more noise as you walk around generally showing off your heels. You can test out higher heels using a trolley/cart for balance and return to the car and change into something more outgoing/extreme.

@keels: Congratulations! And? As you found out- it is not that bad. Fro wlaking in heels - supermarkets are excellent! 1. they have good floors, you can walk easily on them 2. you can use the trolley/ cart as a "Rollator" (Walker/ Zimmer frame) :) Even for starters supermarkets are recommended. But also, if you wnat to upgrade/ traying higher heels - it is perfect (see pt. 1+2). Or new heels that require a different walking style (i.e. platform shoes; wooden sandals).

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

Keels – Congratulations on your outing. I noticed you joined the board in 2002. I guess it just took a while to finally believe what most folks here have been saying, “Nobody cares what you have on your feet”.

By the way, what kind of “women’s shoes” did you have on your feet? :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I had a little accident in ASDA two weeks ago; the heel came off my (NEXT)knee boots. I was left to walk using just the toes of one foot. Luckily they sell shoes and I purchased a pair of low wedge sandals, changed into them, and was able to complete my shop. When I investigated the problem, the heel had been attached with one small blob of glue, and one nail. This was only the third or forth time I had worn them, with no sign of any potential problem. Pity I can't find the reciept, but I have a local cobler who can probably fix them. A nice lady in her 40s handed me the heel, and appart from one or two glances, no one laughed or made comment, good or bad. I shop nearly weekly there, always in heels, can recomend suppermarkets for heeling.

totter along into history

One small blob of glue and one nail. Sounds like somebody got lazy or they were doing piece work. It's no surprise that your heel came off.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I took the plunge this morning, so to speak.

Back story: Earlier in the week I put in an order for a stunning pair of black suede courts (pumps) with bow detail on the strap (I couldn't resist! Clicky!) and they arrive today. After reading other posts advising wearing heels and tights (hoes) to the store to try on before purchase, I decided to pick up my first pack of knee-length tights and give it a try when I collect the order.

So I changed into a pair of black lace up shoe-boots from New Look (clicky) with jeans long enough to bury the whole shoe in the car park and went shopping.

It was exhilarating being in a supermarket with so many folks around me and no one interested in me with the exception of a female security guard at the door on the way out who noticed the extra-long lower legs and eyed me up and down a few times to make sure she saw what she saw. I just smiled and walked on.

So, this afternoon after work I'll be cruising through the local mall to pick up my new purchase and hopefully (if I have the courage) wear the same shoe-boots to the store, try on my order and walk back out in either of the two pairs. Failing that I'll be trying on in the car park in some dark corner somewhere as I usually do.

C

Larry - Thanks. I'm going to set off in about 25 minutes and my mind is already talking myself out of it. I'll do it I swear! lol

The shoes are originally from SoYouShoes.co.uk however I've found a reseller who's selling the same shoe (precisely the same shoe) at £5 less than the website price, so I couldn't resist. (direct link - Clicky!).

Either way, I'm adding to my collection today so I'm very excited :)

C

I agree with all of you whole-heartedly. I have been to the grocery store many times wearing five inch stiletto high heels and everyone is so intent on shopping, looking for specific items, coupons, bargins, and most are on a time table that it seems no one notices tha I am wearing high heels.

Congratulations to all that ventured out to their grocery stores in high heels.

good for you and well done! what does the sizing of those shoes come up like? big, small or about right, as i usually take a 9 in heels, but they only go up to an 8 and i really wanna get a pair!