pvc purchase

Perhaps someone could suggest where I might purchase some pvc strips, something like 15mm wide 50mm long and the glue for a bodge repair on some high heels. I purchased the high heels a while back but have never been able to get them on. Terrible thing to do I know but I cut them with a stanley knife, inside roughly where the ball of the foot is and low and behold at least I can wear them indoors.

You could also buy some decent nylon strapping. The kind used on backpack straps and then cover this with thin PVC. In the past I have carefully opened up the sole area, removed the original straps and changed them for something different. A big flat bladed screw driver is a useful tool for opening up the area where the strap meets the sole. Use some really good glue and they will be OK.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't use that junk on a pair of heels. You need a quality, NON-stretch vinyl /w backing. Sorry, don't have time to search for you. And yes, barge cement is perfect.

Thats what I'm thinking too, but do you know how hard it is to find stable high quality pvc?? I've been searching for months now and still I didn't find any shop which sells pvc patent material like we know from shoes.

The only - kinda expensive - alternative is to buy real patent leather (did it one time, and its great to work with it).

So if anybody finds out where to get strong, not-stretchy patent pvc/pu - please tell us!