Boots with Jeans

new_look

I like to wear my boots with jeans. They have a bit of a flare and are quite long, so they hide the heel nicely, and the toe is square, so probably only a very sharp eyed observant person would tell the difference. Ive read about co-ordinating the heeled shoes with an 'outfit', would jeans with the boots surpass by other peoples opinions here??

I wear flared jeans quite regularly with 3 or 4 inch heels. Sometime I think the jeans draw more attention than the shoes. All my evidence for this is purely anecdotal, but I have walked through places with heels fully exposed and nobody stared. When i wear flared jeans, there often seems to be that minor stare.

Yes Loveheel, I've found it's exactly the same with ordinary smart trousers (not being a jeanie person myself). If I walk through a shopping mall with longish trousers half-covering my heels, I get a few stares suggesting "What's he hiding that we can't quite see", especially if I look a bit furtive and embarrassed. But after our Last UK Heel-Meet (where Firefox and Xaphod were strutting their stuff in broad daylight with exposed 4.5" and 5" heels), this gave me the confidence to have all of my trousers shortened to a length 1" ABOVE the tops of my highest heels. Yesterday, I wore my black leather ankle boots with 5" 'vane' heels (Vanes look broad and chunky from the side view, but taper down to a thin stiletto-width from the back view). In broad daylight, with greatly shortened trousers to give a FULL view of my 5" heels, I boldly and confidently strode the full length of each of the floors of the mall, often passing right in front of seated people. Sure enough NO-ONE EVEN NOTICED OR PAID THE SLIGHTEST ATTENTION. This shows that the more you look and act ashamed, and tried to hide your heels away, the more people instictively sense your furtiveness and get suspicious and start looking for something odd. But if you act with complete confidence and pride as if your heels are the latest fashion and are there to be seen in full, then there is not the slightest problem! And it is SUCH FUN to wear your shoes in a proud, open way, and to rotate your collection each time you step out. I recommend this open, matter-of-fact approach to everyone! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Loveheel, my jeans hide the heel practically completely, is this the case for you, i can understand the contrast, black shoes against blue jeans would stand out more but the boots are fairly normal. although i think people may look cos my feet would appear so small. the shoes are short due to the quite high heel

I'm going to sit on the fence, Sometimes I wear jeans with the whole heel showing Mostly I hide the top inch of the heel. This is THE classic look as it makes the heel look higher. You can't see the actual top of the heel but you know it is a 3.5 -5" heel from what you can see. Some mystery there and mystery is good :lol: Sometimes I wear flared jeans which hide most of the heel. I just like to ring the changes since I'm not conscious of the heeel per se. If you are worried about the heel, then wear longer flaired jeans. It's still a nice look and one you feel better with. Horses for courses and all that. What makes you feel good is the best look for you.

Covering more for women has only been fashion since about 2000. Go back to the 90's and the only trousers you could find were short narrow leg styles which revealed all. One's preferred look is a compromise of current fashion, one's preferred fashion, and personal considerations.

I almost always wear jeans with my heels. I have several pairs of jeans that I bought as longer jeans to hide my heels. That's because it's a style I quite like. I sometimes change into heels with a suit, and in that case, more of my heels show, because my suits have shorter legs. I personally think jeans and heels is a great style, and it definitely works for me. I may experiment with shorter jeans, but at the moment I'm happy with what I have. I haven't noticed any looks about 'what's he hiding?' so I'm guessing that the style seems to work in most people's eyes.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of good comments, here. Personally, when I wear heels in public during the cooler months, it's almost always blue or black jeans and round-toe, black leather boots with a 3.75" tapered heel (half way between a chunk and a spike - elegant, but not too feminine or sexy). How you present yourselves in heels makes a BIG difference as to how people accept you! If you're shy and furtive, people wonder what you're hiding. If you're flamboyant and gregarious and people notice you're wearing heels, they think you're "coming out" and generally slide their opinion of you more towards the loonie bin. If you're uncomfortable walking in heels (body language says a lot), then people will wonder why you're walking funny, and when they discover why, usually assume you're either wearing heels as some kind of a gag, of "first time out" if they're a bit more enlightened. But if you're walking in them without a noticeable swagger, no problem - people with either not notice, or if they do, your confidence will override their initial reaction.

I often wear jeans with my Payless 4 inch blade heel boots to work on casual Fridays, but I don't bother hiding the heel. I mean, why should I? I see no reason for such subtrefuge, I'm proud to show off the shoes I choose to wear and I'm quite open and comfortable about it. In fact, people have admired me for that openess.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB, I'm glad for you that you work in a country/area/industry where you can do that! I have a fairly small number of clientele, and most of them are quite interconnected - losing one of them could mean losing more, or even all of them, and right now the competition to provide the services I provide is stiff. We've built up a certain level of trust over the years, but it's not the type of trust that extends to crossing gender boundaries. As they would say, "that kind of behavior is fine for the customers, but not us." Rather, it's the type of trust whereby they're willing to pay me a premium because of my historical reputation for delivering above and beyond the points of the contract. In short, I keep things humming smoothly with very little fuss. If I were to appear in heels, they would view that as "fuss." One might view it as pretty much the same relationship some of us have with our spouses / SO's - "I don't care if you do wear heels - just don't wear them when I'm around," or worse: "you do WHAT???" Those whose spouses / SO's take the "that's nice - and they look nice too; what do you want for dinner?" approach are as fortunate as you are, JeffB! Having said that, I've met a few of my clients around town while wearing heels - but not during business hours, and not in their places of work. In this setting, the risks of repercussion are vastly reduced.

I like to wear straight leg leather jeans that are as long as possible without looking untidy with heels. The front comes down on the instep and the heels give that lovely "keel" shape to the leather at the back. genebujold is right about his business though, I would not dream of letting any of my customers or business associates see me in overtly feminine heels.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I can understand your concern, Gene. I'm lucky in that the work I do doesn't require me to interact with clientele, so I can afford to be a bit more bold than the average bear in regards to what I wear and how I wear it.

What I would really like are some high heeled weather proof boots that one could wear in rain, puddles, etc. without ruining them. I found some fashionable but flat waterproof boots for the wife at Nordstroms some years ago, and she loved them and wore them to pieces. Anyone know of some?

I think that Patrick Cox did some high heeled wellington boots a few years back.

That is quite correct. However, they only went up to a size 40, no good to me! Freelance were doing some high heel waders about 1997!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'm with Dr Shoe. Long leather looks great with heels. I am not hiding them, I just like the look with high cowboys. My spike heels however get full exposure from latex pants that are just to ankle.

Leather and heels are a great combo and combine two of my favorite things. Latex is not for me. Yet? :(

Although that is not me in the picture below, it is a perfect example of the way I love to wear jeans with my heels. I think it's sooooo sexy even when females wear their jeans with heels the same way. And if I/they combine the heels with low-rise jeans, that makes this even more sexier.

Posted Image

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

BobHH - You'll find that leather is quite weatherproof if it's properly conditioned. Any natural leather can be treated with simple leather conditioners that provide a natural barrier against rain and other contaminants (spilled colas or pina coladas, for example...) and help the leather to last for years. Most leather shoes, if well-cared-for, will wear out the soles long before the leather itself wears out. Re-soling has kept many a good pair of leather boots on many a fine pair of feet 24/7 for years. Check with your mainstream leather shoe store for the appropriate leather conditioners to use with whatever type of leather that's used to make your current or next pair of boots. While you'll notice some darkening of the leather upon first application, for your average black leather boot, it's really no big deal.

I've been wearing my new 3 1/2 inch boots from Bakers with my blue jeans the past few days, everywhere I go. My wife's sister came over this weekend to help out with the family (my two girls have the flu bad) and I even wore them while she was here. So far I have had zero reaction. I am suppose to meet my wife's older sister this week to drop off her birthday gift (she lives near where I work so we will probably have dinner). I plan to wear my boots there too. This is the first time I have worn my heels in front of family. So far my confidence has been growing and I am to the point now of not caring who knows I am into wearing heels. I still will stay on the conservative side for work, however I ordered ankle high 2" boots from Payless that I plan on wearing to work from now on. I will probably do the "hidden" heel inside them though. Scotty

I've been wearing my new 3 1/2 inch boots from Bakers with my blue jeans the past few days, everywhere I go... ...So far my confidence has been growing and I am to the point now of not caring who knows I am into wearing heels. I still will stay on the conservative side for work, however I ordered ankle high 2" boots from Payless that I plan on wearing to work from now on. I will probably do the "hidden" heel inside them though.

Scotty

That's pretty much been my experience.

Where/how men wears heels has a lot to do with societal acceptance. A block heel or tapered heel black or dark brown boot worn under jeans is pretty much acceptable anywhere, except, perhaps, a few biker bars in Bakersfield, CA.

Even high-heeled sandals draw little attention, provided they're not FMP-styles and the colors blend in with whatever the guy is wearing.

I see more and more guys wearing heels around town. It's still a small percent of the population, but not a week goes by that I don't see one or two men in heels.

Every once in a while, though, I'll see a guy walking along the strip wearing something like bright fuscia patent 5" pumps beneath their jeans, or a pair of spaghetti-strap sandals beneath a tight mini-skirt.

They're brave souls, but they're also targets of opportunity for the tourists.

And here's the interesting thing - people are very polite - provided you're still within earshot. Once one of these people has walked 100' further away, the comments, jeers, and jibes come out of the woodwork. It's as if there's an instant fraternaty of men (and women) bonded by their common belief that what they just saw was the most ridiculous thing in the world.

Ten seconds later, though, and everything's back to normal.

I think it's observations like these which have cemented my own opinion that if men who like wearing heels choose to expand the envelope (at least publically) slowly and with good taste and style, we'll arrive at the point where we can wear anything we want without societal backlash a lot sooner than if we just "let it all hang out" right now.

Reminds me a law on the Jersey Shores a long, long time ago about wearing bathing suits in town if you're not actually on the beach. Something about an unacceptable display of near nudity.

Given the vast volumes of skin those bathind suits covered back then, it's laughable - now.

But the reason the law was enacted was because someone tried pushing the envelope too far, too fast, and society wasn't ready to accept that kind of behavior, so they wrote a law.

It was finally repealed in 1974 - more than 50 years after it was enacted.

Personally, I hope the trend toward's fashion rights for men continues in good taste and style so we don't wind up with a similar law against men wearing heels higher than, say, 2 inches.

Not that it'd stand up to the acid test of the 1st amendment - especially in this day and age.

Who knows? Perhaps I'm being too fearful of potential public outcry...

I often wear heeled boots with jeans,block,blade and still's.This pic was taken some months ago when visiting with friends.Perhaps not the best pic of me...but it's a great shot of my boots!

Carry,my buddies wife, snapped this as we were going in-doors to sample some of her home made pizza.( now this woman can cook.. :( )

The boots are by Sasha and have a 4" heel and the jeans are mid rise boot-cut's.

Posted Image

Yo, Jim! That was an awesome pic! Even more awesome boots! A highly presentable image indeed! :-D

• 1 month later...