What is the longest you have ever gone without taking off your heels?

heidi.bier

I have a pair of black knee-high boots with slightly thick but not chunky 5 inch heels. The very closely spaced front lacing is the only way to get them on and off. I always insist that my husband does them perfectly with no twists in the laces and so it takes him an age to do; consequently, once they are on they tend to stay on! The longest I have worn them continuously is for 5 days and nights while we were on holiday in London. I had my husband wrap them in small canvas draw-string bags at night to keep any dirt off the sheets and avoid any ripping. My feet do not seem to sweat too badly but I have to admit that they were a bit whiffy when I took them off. It was a joy to finally feel some air getting to them. It was a truely exciting feeling to know that I was to be in them for the whole of the holiday; we had planned it all in advance and I refused to take any other footwear with me so I knew there was to be no escape from them until I got home. My brother and sister-in-law, with whom we were staying, were amazed to find me coming down to breakfast in my boots but we told them that we were going out around the town as soon as possible so I had put them on straight away to save time. I'm hoping we'll do it again before too long.

• 3 months later...

I find I might be wearing heels for longer than I'd like on occassions like new dates or meeting new people where I want to maintain the allure if u like. Gus I find are unaware or don't always care if they make you walk arround more than you like in killer heels, or if you walk confidently presume you don't mind....or even like showing off lol. To answer the question I think 5 hours in strappy Kurt Geiger platforms at a recent garden party w a new boyfriends mates/family present. I guess I wanted to dress to impress and hopefully did....but there was way more standing around walking than I'd imagined.....eeekk!