Well, it’s a start……

TXGuy

I was out again at probably my favorite place to go walking around. Quick business trip to Orlando. Quick trip for dinner to Downtown Disney, which may be Disney Springs now. Thousands of people. Hard to find parking in their huge parking garages...Food was pretty good at Maria & Enzo's. Easy to get a table when  there is only one. Most people wanting reservations are in family groups of 3 or more. Wearing the same heels as last visit. There is a market there, but not much in the terms of high heels. Disappointing in that regard..

Edited by TXGuy
  • Like 2

Pushed myself a bit farther on the trip home. I’ve been wearing Clarks light brown leather booties on the plane lately. I guess they can go both ways, they have a 1.5 inch heel. Anyone who would look would know they are women’s. After my trip out last night, I was feeling a bit more daring. I was thinking over night to wear my Clark’s Mission Alfa booties on the plane ride back. Technically, they are supposed to be 2.5 inches, but my ruler measures 3. I never thought I would wear heels that high on a plane ride, go through security, sit next to people for 3 hours. But this morning I just thought go for it. I have to do it. Everything else was packed away and checked luggage. I figured once I left the hotel wearing the Alfa, there was no turning back. I would have to wear them everywhere for the next 5/6 hours. Felt great the whole way. I’m looking forward to the next trip. ;)

• Like 6

On 3/8/2019 at 3:16 PM, TXGuy said:

Pushed myself a bit farther on the trip home. I’ve been wearing Clarks light brown leather booties on the plane lately. I guess they can go both ways, they have a 1.5 inch heel. Anyone who would look would know they are women’s. After my trip out last night, I was feeling a bit more daring. I was thinking over night to wear my Clark’s Mission Alfa booties on the plane ride back. Technically, they are supposed to be 2.5 inches, but my ruler measures 3. I never thought I would wear heels that high on a plane ride, go through security, sit next to people for 3 hours. But this morning I just thought go for it. I have to do it. Everything else was packed away and checked luggage. I figured once I left the hotel wearing the Alfa, there was no turning back. I would have to wear them everywhere for the next 5/6 hours. Felt great the whole way. I’m looking forward to the next trip. ;)

Great that’s fantastic progress, it’s onwards and upwards from here mate, enjoy yourself and don’t forget to post pictures, we’d all love to see them 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maninboots said:

Great that’s fantastic progress, it’s onwards and upwards from here mate, enjoy yourself and don’t forget to post pictures, we’d all love to see them 

Yea, this trip was short, not much time to stop and take pictures. Get to the hotel, see if there was an opening to eat, immediately leave for Downtown Disney. Back, sleep. From the time the alarm went off at 4:00 AM, it was get going to the airport... Man, close to $300 for 10 hours in a hotel... Anyway, same shoes as in previous pictures above.

Edited by TXGuy
  • Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:38 AM, TXGuy said:

Yea, this trip was short, not much time to stop and take pictures. Get to the hotel, see if there was an opening to eat, immediately leave for Downtown Disney. Back, sleep. From the time the alarm went off at 4:00 AM, it was get going to the airport... Man, close to $300 for 10 hours in a hotel... Anyway, same shoes as in previous pictures above.

What a coincidence buddy....I too was in Orlando Thursday evening, staying right down the street from Disney at The Orlando Marriott.  I took a walk in my Sam Edelman boots to Subway, had a sub and a smoke.  Too many kids in the hotel I was at, but I guess that is to be expected....

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

What a coincidence buddy....I too was in Orlando Thursday evening, staying right down the street from Disney at The Orlando Marriott.  I took a walk in my Sam Edelman boots to Subway, had a sub and a smoke.  Too many kids in the hotel I was at, but I guess that is to be expected....

You know, I thought about messaging you to see if you would be in town. The issue with my travels is that they are at the mercy of the customer to a certain extent and I can’t plan to much. If my time at the customer had run to 6PM on Thursday, I would have gotten to the hotel later (working 2 hrs outside Orlando...) and probably would have just gotten some take out. Probably should have. The fridge in the room went bonkers a little after midnight, wasted an hour dealing with that. An employee and I took it out to the hallway. Then I couldn’t get back to sleep worrying about getting up at 4:30 to catch my flight.. This is also one of the few trips lately where I was on my own. Been running a team lately, who do not know about the heels...

20 minutes ago, TXGuy said:

You know, I thought about messaging you to see if you would be in town. The issue with my travels is that they are at the mercy of the customer to a certain extent and I can’t plan to much. If my time at the customer had run to 6PM on Thursday, I would have gotten to the hotel later (working 2 hrs outside Orlando...) and probably would have just gotten some take out. Probably should have. The fridge in the room went bonkers a little after midnight, wasted an hour dealing with that. An employee and I took it out to the hallway. Then I couldn’t get back to sleep worrying about getting up at 4:30 to catch my flight.. This is also one of the few trips lately where I was on my own. Been running a team lately, who do not know about the heels...

My trips are usually last minute also buddy, and I am too familiar with the 0430 wake ups also.   Glad you had fun, hope our schedules will intersect someday....D