Well, it’s a start……

TXGuy

What airline? Most of my travel is on SW. Miami and DFW are not one of my typical destinations. Melbourne, LA, Denver.  I'm still not that confident. I'm choosing malls to walk to get the experience of walking around crowds of other people.  Shoe stores and restaurants because I'll be there for a bit and people who see me will be there for a bit. If that makes any sense. Still working up to being totally out in the open. I don't believe I'll ever get as far as shorts and heeled sandals though. ;) I do wear sandals at home.

Edited by TXGuy
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TXGuy said:

What airline? Most of my travel is on SW. Miami and DFW are not one of my typical destinations. Melbourne, LA, Denver.  I'm still not that confident. I'm choosing malls to walk to get the experience of walking around crowds of other people.  Shoe stores and restaurants because I'll be there for a bit and people who see me will be there for a bit. If that makes any sense. Still working up to being totally out in the open. I don't believe I'll ever get as far as shorts and heeled sandals though. ;) I do where sandals at home.

Melbourne, AUS. Or is there another Melbourne over there

• Like 1

Regards

James

Sorry, Melbourne, FL.  While I would jump at the chance, my company will not be sending me to Australia any time soon. ;) But I have heard great things from friends that live there.

48 minutes ago, TXGuy said:

Sorry, Melbourne, FL.  While I would jump at the chance, my company will not be sending me to Australia any time soon. ;) But I have heard great things from friends that live there.

Pity

Regards

James

On 8/11/2016 at 7:12 PM, TXGuy said:

Still working up to being totally out in the open. I don't believe I'll ever get as far as shorts and heeled sandals though. ;) I do wear sandals at home.

Three years ago, I thought and did the same. Today, I wear shorts and heels out all the time. I do take into consideration where I will be going, but even a woman wearing shorts and heels would likely attract some unwanted attention. Still it's something I never thought I could do just a few short years ago, so you never know.  .  . Keep up the good work!

TXGuy.....  How you??  Making the "jump" to being totally out in the open in heels can take a while. It did for me, and it took a few years.  I now wear heels in public a lot and love it.  Most folks don't notice or care.  I am not a shorts guy, I wear my heels with long pants.  I have nothing against shorts, but for me, I just don't like them, never have.  

Have fun out the and be safe.....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...

I think we all have that fear, if we wear are heels in public, where going to be attacked in some way, but the best thing about males wearing heels out in public, is that its the best thing about it, you can go into a shoe store and have fun buying what you want, or go to a night club and get compliments from women and they want to dance with you, it gets rid of this silly view that ordinary men don't wear them, and we are just normal people, where not eccentric or diva like guys, many are married, and many others have girlfriends, so it gets rid of the silly stereotype's that people would think about us heel wearing guys, its 2016, hey if guys here have tried on heels and have bought them from store's like, Louboutin, jimmy Choo, gucci, then that's one hell of a milestone,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

sadly most straight males wish to wear high heels thick or thin in public, and they suppress it, and there are many who still wear at home, many women say that they want men to be themselves, that means if you wear heels then be open about it, and wear them out in public, there are many advantages for men who wear heels out in public, it would make your dating scene more easy,  it will avoid you telling her in words, and she will see what you wear on your feet on the first date, you will gain new friends, and people will get used to it very quickly, and it will break down silly; silly; stereotypes, it will prove that we are just like any other man in the world.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The last several years I have been traveling wearing either my Madden Girl Krisis calf boots or or my Freebird Blaze booties. Both have at least a 4 inch heel.  I also have Pre-check boarding but I have to take off my shoes because of the metal buckles and zippers. I just reach down, unzip pull each off and put them through the x-ray machine like anyone else. I have also traveled in my lace-up Maxx Out sandal wedges with painted toes. Nothing ever said. Domestically and internationally.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

Nothing ever noticed, in all probability. Security staff are way too busy handling thousands of people and their hand hand luggage to take any notice of any one person's boot, shoe or sandle. They've seen it all anyway. You could probably walk through in pink patent thigh highs without drawing more than a passing glance. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TXGuy said:

I  wanted to stretch myself a bit further, put myself in public areas with no chance of backing out. But OK, not with really tall heels, wearing my Clarks Gelata Fresca Boot. Only a 2 inch heel, but still a woman’s boot. I had to travel for work this week, both directions with one stop to change planes.

Outbound trip, I wore the boots from home, with customer facing work cloths, kakis and company shirt. The kakis pretty much covering the heel. Parked in the offsite parking, jumped on the bus with just a few other people, the heels in plain sight. Checked my baggage. This is one part of why I wanted to do this, after checking my baggage, with other shoes, work and sneakers, this was my point of no return, no chance of backing out for the next 6 hours, which turned into 9… And went through the security where I had my only real hiccup. I have Pre-check, did not take off the boots, and they do not go through the metal detector without going off.  Tried it twice, removing belt first, then sheepishly, more for having to do it than anyone seeing me taking womans boots off and putting them on the conveyer. But the rest of the trip was amazingly great. Walking in the boots everywhere I had to go. Having aisle seats in which anyone could look down and see them. Not a problem.

On the trip back the next day, I was second guessing if I wanted to wear them again. I actually ended up wearing them the whole day and was wondering if my feet were going to be sore. But on the way to the airport, I couldn’t not wear them for the thrill. This time I was wearing a pair of jeans, which had a smaller diameter leg, and the jeans sat all the way up above the heel. It didn’t really bother me. It just added to the pushing the limits in that everyone could see. Checked my bag again wiping out any chance of changing my shoes for the next 6 hours. (Thanks God it still ended up being 6 hours.) This time I took them off before going through the metal detector, standing out as the only Pre-Check person removing their shoes. I had to go through Chicago on the way back, my connection in far different terminals. It was a good 15 minute walk. Felt great as I was literally walking among thousands of other travelers in the terminal. Man, it’s been a while since I have been to O’Hare, but it is literally crazy busy with thousands and probably multiple thousands of people walking, standing, sitting around you. And I just having fun walking among them.

I have another trip in a few weeks. I’m thinking of wearing my Clarks Mission Alfa booties which have a 3 in heel which will stand out even more. I am looking forward to it.

That's a great story - good for you for pushing your limits. Must have been very exciting!! 

Would love to see pics of the 2 pairs you mentioned. 

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:02 AM, Rick24 said:

sadly most straight males wish to wear high heels thick or thin in public, and they suppress it, and there are many who still wear at home, many women say that they want men to be themselves, that means if you wear heels then be open about it, and wear them out in public, there are many advantages for men who wear heels out in public, it would make your dating scene more easy,  it will avoid you telling her in words, and she will see what you wear on your feet on the first date, you will gain new friends, and people will get used to it very quickly, and it will break down silly; silly; stereotypes, it will prove that we are just like any other man in the world.

well said indeed..

12 hours ago, TXGuy said:

I  wanted to stretch myself a bit further, put myself in public areas with no chance of backing out. But OK, not with really tall heels, wearing my Clarks Gelata Fresca Boot. Only a 2 inch heel, but still a woman’s boot. I had to travel for work this week, both directions with one stop to change planes.

Outbound trip, I wore the boots from home, with customer facing work cloths, kakis and company shirt. The kakis pretty much covering the heel. Parked in the offsite parking, jumped on the bus with just a few other people, the heels in plain sight. Checked my baggage. This is one part of why I wanted to do this, after checking my baggage, with other shoes, work and sneakers, this was my point of no return, no chance of backing out for the next 6 hours, which turned into 9… And went through the security where I had my only real hiccup. I have Pre-check, did not take off the boots, and they do not go through the metal detector without going off.  Tried it twice, removing belt first, then sheepishly, more for having to do it than anyone seeing me taking womans boots off and putting them on the conveyer. But the rest of the trip was amazingly great. Walking in the boots everywhere I had to go. Having aisle seats in which anyone could look down and see them. Not a problem.

On the trip back the next day, I was second guessing if I wanted to wear them again. I actually ended up wearing them the whole day and was wondering if my feet were going to be sore. But on the way to the airport, I couldn’t not wear them for the thrill. This time I was wearing a pair of jeans, which had a smaller diameter leg, and the jeans sat all the way up above the heel. It didn’t really bother me. It just added to the pushing the limits in that everyone could see. Checked my bag again wiping out any chance of changing my shoes for the next 6 hours. (Thanks God it still ended up being 6 hours.) This time I took them off before going through the metal detector, standing out as the only Pre-Check person removing their shoes. I had to go through Chicago on the way back, my connection in far different terminals. It was a good 15 minute walk. Felt great as I was literally walking among thousands of other travelers in the terminal. Man, it’s been a while since I have been to O’Hare, but it is literally crazy busy with thousands and probably multiple thousands of people walking, standing, sitting around you. And I just having fun walking among them.

I have another trip in a few weeks. I’m thinking of wearing my Clarks Mission Alfa booties which have a 3 in heel which will stand out even more. I am looking forward to it.

You are making amazing progress!  Sounds like you are having success using the slow/low and steady approach...

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2015 at 1:31 AM, TXGuy said:

Having a great couple of days.  On a trip, as soon as I checked into the hotel, I changed into my bootcut jeans and my Clark’s heeled booties and headed out.  First stop, the nearby mall, especially the Nine West store.  Black Friday sales were still on.  Parked and jumped out of the car, walked into the mall past a bunch of people, and headed straight for Nine West.

When I walked in, there was no one there, the sales people were in the back, so I just looked around until I found something interesting.  I quickly zeroed in on the Nine West Sherbert Booties with a 4 ½ inch heel.  When the sales girl came out, I said Hi and asked if they have the Sherbert booties in size 11.  She brought out a pair in black leather and handed me the box.  I told her that they were for me, and asked if she minded my trying them on.  She said that she figured out that they were for me as she had seen the heels I was wearing into the store.  I few people came into the store at that point, but I put that out of my mind, took my heels off, and put the booties on and walked around the store a bit trying them out.  They seemed a bit big and I asked if they had the size 10 ½.  She brought out the brown version, and I quickly swapped them out and walked around a bit more.  Didn’t’ seem right, so I was convinced to buy them yet.

While walking around, I spotted a pair of high heeled sandals, the Benteena ankle strap sandals.  I now asked if they had a 10 ½ or 11 in that sandal.  She brought them out, and I once again swapped my shoes.  First time anyone outside my house has seen me wearing high heeled sandals. These I definitely likes and bought them at half price.

Later that night, I saw that if you spent at least $125, you would get an extra 20% off. If I had known that, I would have bought the Sherbert bootie as well.  Oh well, I’ll just have to wait until another big sale comes along.  I also want to wait until I can walk wearing heels into another Nine West store for the experience.

In the end, the sales people were great.  And a few looks from the lady shoppers….

Walked around the mall for a few minutes with the Nine West bag and wearing my heels before heading out.  Next stop was Whole Foods where I walked around as I got my dinner for the night, walking past lots of people.  Last stop before heading back to the hotel was the local grocery store where I picked up a few things as well as the chance to walk around more people.

Tonight, I wore the Clark booties into PF Changs for dinner.  There were a few looks, but know comments.  I felt pretty good strutting around.  Things are getting easier.  ;)

You are doing a great job, and are an inspiration for all of us!

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:12 PM, TXGuy said:

What airline? Most of my travel is on SW. Miami and DFW are not one of my typical destinations. Melbourne, LA, Denver.  I'm still not that confident. I'm choosing malls to walk to get the experience of walking around crowds of other people.  Shoe stores and restaurants because I'll be there for a bit and people who see me will be there for a bit. If that makes any sense. Still working up to being totally out in the open. I don't believe I'll ever get as far as shorts and heeled sandals though. ;) I do wear sandals at home.

I work for AA, so DFW, MIA, ORD, LAX, JFK, and PHX are the usual layovers.  I get to Denver occasionally, but not very often. 

14 hours ago, Cali said:

It's not the security staff, it the others in line behind you and the person(s) sitting next to you for 4+ hours.

I agree, I was never really concerned with the Security Staff. They have been looking into my bags for years seeing a bunch of heels. Walking among other people, and sitting down with a stranger for a few hours adds another dimension to being out and about.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Would love to see pics of the 2 pairs you mentioned. 

I don't have any current pictures. But you can google either to see what they look like.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pebblesf said:

You are making amazing progress!  Sounds like you are having success using the slow/low and steady approach...

I don't know if slow and steady is the intended approach. My kids do not know, and with them home for the summer limits opportunities. Most of my heeling takes place when I am out of town for work. Which comes and goes. 

Lately, when I do go, it is LA, Denver, and Melbourne, FL. And the trips have been short, with not that much time for heeling, which is one of the reasons I expanded it to the travel part.

if I ever know I'll have time, I shoot you a message to see what's possible.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TXGuy said:

I don't know if slow and steady is the intended approach. My kids do not know, and with them home for the summer limits opportunities. Most of my heeling takes place when I am out of town for work. Which comes and goes. 

Lately, when I do go, it is LA, Denver, and Melbourne, FL. And the trips have been short, with not that much time for heeling, which is one of the reasons I expanded it to the travel part.

if I ever know I'll have time, I shoot you a message to see what's possible.

Sounds great, let's stay in touch....D

1 hour ago, TXGuy said:

I don't have any current pictures. But you can google either to see what they look like.

Gotcha. always nice to see them on you... but for those who are interested, here are the links:

https://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Womens-Gelata-Fresca-Boot/dp/B00U5T1VJA

https://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Womens-Mission-Alfa-Ankle/dp/B0070TWX7C

Both are cute - and are not overly feminine. a good choice to build confidence! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Both are cute - and are not overly feminine. a good choice to build confidence! 

You can see two other booties I still take with me on trips on the #3 "tab" of this topic. Can't take them all, I need some regular shoes for work. Yea, I'm not into the feminine look. Just the heels. I have a few sandals, mostly wedge, but I have not worn them out heeling. No pumps. When I'm out, I still like wearing Levis  and I believe the booties look best.

• Like 2

Great post, TXGuy, and good progress. There are lots of women's shoes out there that are not very feminine and guys can wear them to experience heels without drawing attention. Boots like yours, even the 3" ones, are good examples. Many loafers, clogs, and sandals, especially if they have small platforms and block heels, are good examples, too, of women's shoes that guys can wear without being conspicuously feminine. And while I have pushed the envelope a little farther than you, I'm still fairly conservative, so I can relate to the rush you've experienced. And I assure you it gets easier every time. But it's the journey, not the destination, right? Anyway, thanks for sharing your post.

Steve

• Like 2

TXGuy,

You did all that stuff you were once afraid of and no bogeyman jumped out to get you. Congratulations on slaying the heretofore demons! Whether it's going through the TSA dragnet or walking through the mall the secret ingredient is confidence. It's that energy from within which tells the rest of the world you insist upon them meeting you on your terms. Confidence can be exuded by someone wearing a loafer or someone wearing a 5" heel. The eyes convey what the soul contains. Act like you belong in any given venue and the world will respond in kind. Many members here will tell you the same thing. HappyinHeels

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

I was out on another short business trip last week. A quick in and out with a lot of work with the customer. But I found some time to put my heels on and go take a walk. I posted the pictures of these boots way back on August 10, 2016 in this thread. Man, time is flying... The first night, I just went out to a restaurant near the hotel and then to the local Barnes and Noble. I had work to do back at the hotel for the next day. After that meeting, I drove back to Orlando to stay in a hotel near the airport. I was wondering where to eat, I check the restaurants at Downtown Disney. Or Disney Spring now or something. I check online and saw I could get a reservation. I sort of just dived in and left the hotel where the those boots again, leaving any other shoes in the hotel. Started getting the butterflies when I arrived because the place was packed. They have huge parking garages now and the first one was already full. Drove to the next one, farther away from the restaurant. Got out of the car, joined the crowds and headed to the restaurant. I probably stood out, but not for the heels. I’m wearing boot cut Levi’s, and most people were in shorts. At the restaurant, I was seated out in the middle of the restaurant near a busy walk way, everyone able to see my boots. Sitting down, my jeans rose up way above the heel.  Maybe it was just me, but I was getting the idea a bunch of the workers were walking near the table and looking down. I was OK with it, had a great conversation with the waiter. Not about the shoes... Afterwards walked around Downtown Disney. Among litterly thousands and thousands of people. A few hours of walking. It felt great.

Edited by TXGuy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TXGuy said:

Afterwards walked around Downtown Disney.

Congratulation, your heels didn't make that night's World News. The more you do it the more normal it becomes.

• Like 1

Nice work Tx, and it sure does feel great to wear the heels/boots we like publicly, so liberating...

Like everyone says, we feel the world's eyes on all fixed on us when we arrive in boots/heels, but that just isn't the case.  I think we are convinced of this because our eyes are usually tuned into other's footwear, so we assume others have the same interests (maybe I should speak for myself).  Your choice of levis and booties is great, sounds very familiar indeed. 

It just may be that the restaurant staff was making excuses to walk by your table, one of them might noticed and alerted others.  Consider the hovering a silent compliment buddy!  The conversations with the waiter might have been another silent compliment, even though your boots were never mentioned. 

Great looking booties by the way, these are great for any public occasion....